Chapter 14

My Life
 

"You really don't want to refuse my offer! I know that don't worry! “I sighed in defeat and he pulled me closer. *How can I say no to this Idiot?*

“Fine” I finally replied and he chuckled. “So… where are we going?” I started.

“We’re going to cheer you up!! What do you think about a paintball match?”  My eyes widened.

“You?! Playing paintball?!” I looked at him surprised.

“Well Duh! I suggested it for some reason!” He rolled his eyes and gave me a poker face.

“I just didn’t knew you liked to pla-“

“There’s a lot of things you don’t know about” He said cockily.

“Ah~ But still, I just can’t imagine you playing…” I teased.

“Yah! Then let’s do som-“

“NO!!! PAINTBALL!!!” I whined. Tao and his friend laughed as we started making our way towards, what I assumed, Tao’s car. He then drove to the paintball arena. As we arrive there, Chanyeol, Xiumin and Luhan greeted us.

“Oh! Are you playing with us?!” I asked surprised for seeing them here.

“Ah~ I wish!” Xiumin said and Luhan gave him a cold stare.

“You know… I think Violet should b-“

“Violet is staying on OUR team!!” Tao interrupted Chanyeol while reaching for my arm, pulling me closer. “They’re playing against us!” He informed and I nodded in understand.

“Have you played before?!” The guy next to me, their friend, asked.

“Me? Well… I’ve never played this before!” I heard an evil laugh coming from Luhan, and a smirk was placed on his lips right after.

“Ah!! See Minseok! After all, having me on your team isn’t that bad!” Luhan said proudly, making me chuckle.

“Yah!! You didn’t let me finish!” And his smugly grin was gone. “I’ve never played this before HERE IN KOREA!!” I laughed, making Tao and his friend smirk. “I can play this with my eyes closed!” I bragged.

“Oh yeah?! Guess what?! Me too!” Luhan replied childishly and I could only laugh harder.* How cute!*

“Well… I honestly think Luhan plays better with is eyes closed!” Tao mocked.

“Agree!!” Xiumin joined leaving a sad and embarrassed Luhan, pouting with his arms locked around his chest.

“I’m sorry Oppa! Next time, I’ll stay with you!!” I said to Luhan and his pout only grew, as he rolled his eyes.

“Now! Since everything is solved here, let’s play!” Tao’s friend said. We all get inside and after dressing properly and having the guns with us, we made our way inside the field. Everyone was hidden behind the objects that were placed around the arena, waiting for the game to start. And so, a few seconds later, the sound of the gunshots was the only thing you could hear. We spend the whole afternoon playing and while ‘my’ team won 3 times, Chanyeol’s team won 5 times. So basically we lost.

“Ah~~ It’s unfair! Tao screwed up!” I pouted as Luhan was bragging around.

“Ah! And you wanted her on your team!!” He mocked, bringing his inner child out, once again.

“BUT IT WAS TAO’S FAULT!” Now I was the one pouting.

“YAH! Why are you blaming me?! Lay also messed up when he bumped into you!” He blamed his friend who, during the game, they introduce me as Lay.

“Yah!! She wasn’t eliminated because of me!!” Lay complained.

“Yah!! We would like to stay here and watch you ladies fight but, unfortunately, we need to get going! So if you losers are done with blaming yourselves…” Chanyeol said and the 3 of us gave him a cold stare.

“Alright alright…” Tao spoke first.

“Well, thanks for everything! I had a really good time! An-“

“Hell no missy!  I’m taking you home!” Tao interrupted me.

“Oppa~” I whined. “I’m not a baby!!”

“We’ll talk about that on the way home!” I pouted and he turned towards Lay. “Hyung, do you want a ride?” He continued.

“Nah! I’m going with Xiumin!” Lay replied.

“Well… This Hyung here accepts the ride!” Chanyeol invited himself and I chuckled.

“That makes two of us!” Luhan joined.

“Yah! Do I look like a taxi driver?!” Tao complained and we all stare at him, actually judging.

“Well… You kind of look l-“

“You better shut your mouth or else you’ll walk home!” Tao threatened and we all chuckled.

“So dramatic!” I commented.

“I know right!” Luhan agreed. We bid our goodbyes and left towards the car. Tao decided to drive Luhan and Chanyeol to their houses first.

“Actually I think it would be good if I find a job, not only do I need the money, but also to distract myself” I continued the conversation that we were having, as he, once again, started the car, finally driving me home.

“Hm… I’m sure you can find something! There’s a lots of jobs around here!” He commented. “Actually, I think I can find you something!” He said, snapping his fingers as an idea invaded his mind. “I’ll tell you something about it later!” He continued and I nodded. After that, no one said a thing and the car was filled with a silent atmosphere.

“Thank you for this afternoon!” I finally talked.

“No problem princess! Whenever you need me, I’ll be here for you!” He smiled softly, still focused on the road.

“That’s funny…” I heard him questioning and proceeded. “Lately, everyone says that!” I said kind of bitterly. After all, how can I trust this people that I don’t even know for 2 months!

“Hm… I see…” He sighed. “But I actually mean what I said! There’s just something about you, I don’t know…I feel like I should protect you! Even If I was a big douche in the beginning, I can’t help but just try to help you!”

“Oh… I’m sorry for being such a bothersome!” I said honestly and he just chuckled.

“You’re not! Believe me!” He commented and reached for the radio, raising the volume. “Oh! I love this song!” I looked at him awkwardly, not expecting this randomness. Soon, he parked the car in front of ‘my’ house.

“Want to dinner?” I offered and he smiled.

“Can’t do, I already have plans. Sorry!”

“Oh! It’s okay! Don’t worry!” I smiled back and eve thought I don’t usually do this, I pulled him closer for a hug. I just really needed a hug. “Thank you for today! I’m really thankful!” For my surprise he hug me back, ruffling my hair when we parted.

“Don’t worry Vicci! I'll always be here!"” He laughed, using that awful nickname. I gave him a cold stare before waving at him and get inside.