Chapter 9

My Life

Sorry for the mistakes~~~~

 

"Violet.... Violet...? Violet?!" I heard someone calling me, raising the voice each time my name was mentioned. "Violet… Yah! Get Up!” I mumbled some incoherent words and went back to sleep. “Yah! What are you doing...? Omo Kris!! SHE’S DOING SOME WEIRD FACE!! OMG I THINK SHE’S KISSING SOMEONE IN HER DREAM!!” I sighed and hide myself under the sheets. “COME ON!! GET UP!! “This time, she pulled my sheets onto the floor and reached for my arm, trying to pull me out. * Aish! It's weekend! I'm supposed to sleep until late!! *I got out of her old and grabbed the pillow hiding my face.

"Go away" I mumbled through the pillow.

"Oh great! Now she's kissing the pillow!" Few seconds later I felt a tight grip, this time on my leg, and when I noticed I was already on the middle of the floor, my face rubbing against the soft carpet as she started dragging me. * THAT'S IT!* I furiously opened my eyes and stood up ready to quick her out of the house. She only gave me a playful smile. “Finally! Was your dream that good that you didn’t want to wake up? I’m here for about 30 minutes now!” I rolled my eyes at her exaggeration.

"I DON’T CARE IF YOU’VE BEEN HERE FOR 2 HOURS NOW! YOU DON'T WAKE UP PEOPLE LIKE THAT!” I shouted, making my way towards my bedside table, glaring at the cellphone, checking the time. “IT’S EIGHT ING TIRTY! YOU DONT WAKE UP PEOPLE AT THIS TIME ON WEEKENDS!" I continued while grabbing the sheets that were messily placed on the floor and, pushing her out of the room, I proceeded to lay down on bed again. Just when I was about to close my eyes, the cold ‘wind’ hit my skin as she took the sheets once again.*Aish, Don't abuse your lucky!!* "YAH! LEAVE ME ALONE!" I shouted frustrated.

"No!! You've to get ready!" I opened my eyes and my eyebrow raised.

"Ready? Ready for what? Sleep? Dear chingu I was born ready for that!" I took a sit on the bed, knowing that it was useless trying to sleep now.

“WE’RE GOING TO SHOPPING!!!" She screamed in joy, I gave her a poker face. “So... What are you waiting for? Let's go! Get ready!" She reached for my arm and pulled me up from the bed.

“Charlotte... It’s too early for that! Let's just go later!" I complained with a pout and she chuckled.

"Nop... Let's go now!" She pushed me inside the bathroom. “Just take a shower, I’ll choose something for you to wear!” While I was showering she did as she told and went to find some clothes.

"Aish! Why did Kris let you in?! WHYYYYYYYYYY?!" I shouted from the bathroom.

“Don’t be so dramatic!" I heard her saying. A few minutes went by and after dressing what Charlotte chose for me, she decided to fix my hair. I suddenly remembered.

"Hey! Charlotte~ “I said in a friendly tone.

“Hm?” She mumbled as she straightened my hair.

“You know... a few minutes ago... while waking me up...” I started, playing with my fingers. “Y- You said... I... was..." I started blushing. “I was... K-Kissing...?" I couldn’t take it anymore and just hide my burned cheeks by looking down.

"Hm... Why? Where you really kissing?! WHO WAS IT?!" She interrupted.

"AISH I DON'T KNOW!” I quickly replied, nervous. “Y-You didn't let me finish! “She looked at me waiting for the unfinished sentence.

"Was I really... kissing...? I mean, from what you've seen…did it looked like that...?!" I continued shyly.

"Maybe..." She teased.

"YAH!! I NEED TO KNOW!! PLEASEE!!!" I begged while she chuckled.

“First tell me who it was…” She teased.

“Charlotte~” I pouted.

"Well then that’s too bad because I’m not going to tell you!” She smiled widely. “Now, I’m done with your hair… So let’s go?!”

“Charlotte~~ Come on~~” I said cutely but she only rolled her eyes and pulled me downstairs. As we arrived downstairs, I delicious smell reached my nose and I mentally started drooling.

“Hey! You’re up!” Kris welcomed, placing some food on the table. “Take a seat a dig in!” He smiled cutely, making me smile without noticing. Both me and Charlotte took a seat and ate what Kris had prepared.

“Well, we should get going. I don’t want to walk to the mall!” Charlotte said, getting up from the table.

"Let me just get my purse and we're going!" I quickly ran upstairs, after taking a quick look onto the mirror and checked myself, I went back to Charlotte's side.

"Kris, we’re leaving, thank you for the food! It was amazing!” He smiled widely. “Have a good day!” I cheerfully said while smiling and waving at him.

“Have fun!” He waved back and continued watching TV. We both started walking until the bus stop.

"Last Night was so fun! I hope today will be good too!" I sighed when we arrive, taking a sit on the bench of the bus stop.

"I know right?!! We'll have a good time! Don't worry! "She smiled and sat next to me.

"So... Who is that Taemin huh?! Kai's TWIN he's NOT for SURE! “I said empathizing the words.

"Hehe, I still can't believe you actually believe that!” She whipped the corner of her eye, faking a cry. “But hey! I don't blame you, they look alike! "I looked at her with eyes widely open.

"... Who is he? Tell Me!!! “I did some puppy eyes. * If people manipulate me with puppy eyes, why can't I do the same?*

"Yah! What's wrong with that scary and ugly face?! Stop it! You're trying to kill me or something?!" With those words my eyes fell. “Now that's better, Thank you!" She faked a sigh. I lowered my head, remembering Brandon right away.

"S-Sorry... about that... “I replied in a shaky tone voice.

"Yah?! What’s wrong?!" She stopped me and grabbed my face, facing my teary eyes she pulled me into her embrace. “I’m sorry, I thought you wouldn't take it serious! There's no need to cry! That actually worked!! I was going to tell you!!" I chuckled lightly at her apologies.

"It's not that...It's... I... I... You remembered me of someone... that's all...." I said breaking the hug and cleaning all the tears that fell.

"You want to talk about it? It will make you feel better!" She offered.

"Well…Back in London, my 'brother' always said that my face was ugly and that I was trying to kill him when I begged him something..." I sobbed. "I... I just... I just feel sad because I don't talk to him since I left, he doesn't answer his phone, neither reply on Facebook nor skype. He was and still is my everything, and I miss him so much... But I-I wonder if he misses me... I kept always thinking that he's busy but... I really doubt that." I lowered my head and continued crying. Charlotte quickly hugged me again.

"I'm sure he's very worried about you... You can't just think negative things... He was always on your side, am I right?"

"Y-yeah..." I mumbled.

"So... I'm sure he'll always be there for you. Maybe it’s just better if you both learn how to live by yourselves for a while... This way you both can grow up and be a stronger person!" She hugged me tightly.

"I-I guess you're right... I just... Miss him so much..." I smiled at her, tears still falling as I think about some old memories of Brandon. * If you want me to become a strong person! Then I'll be one!* "I'm sorry for ruining our day... "I said when starting to calm down, cleaning my face.

"Don’t worry honey! You Didn't!” She made sure and gave me a soft smile. So... You still want to know about Taemin?! "She changed subject, wiggling playfully her eyebrows. I chuckled.

"Of course!” Soon the bus arrived.

 

Charlotte POV:

 

"So... you've probably wondered why I talk to Kai but never hang out with him, right ?" I said while we took a sit on the bus.

"Y-yeah... but what does that has to do with Taemin...?” She asked confused.

"You see... It's an interesting story..."

 

       Flashback...

 

"Mommy, please~ I promise I’ll be a good girl from now on! Please let's just go back home please!" A little girl shouted from the school entrance with her face filled with tears. Her mother laughed softly.

"My darling, we can't go back… I'm sorry. But hey! Mom promise you that you'll love it here!!" She wiped the tears that were falling from her daughters face.

"But mom..." I cried harder. “I want to go back!” She sighed, glancing at her watch.

"Mom has to go now ok? Be a good girl and don't make a hard time for the teachers!" She gave me a last hug and kiss, and left. I kept on shouting for her while her figure disappeared. As I was about to run after her, one of the teacher grabbed my arm and took me to the class. As I walked inside the room I could see a lots of kids playing around. I wiped my eyes and smile a little bit at the thought of playing with them.

"Charlotte!” One of the teachers caught my attention. “You can go play there too honey! I’ll be here if you need me! “She smiled while pushing me towards the toys. I quickly ran and grabbed a car that was falling from a little box on the shelf, not because I wanted to play... I just didn't want to be close to that woman, she had a scary look. Pale, with some huge eyes and a tiny nose that was hidden behind her huge glasses. Her smile made me feel unconfutable and it seems like she was planning something evil. I tried to play with that same car but noticing that it had two wheels missing I gave up and put it next on the box. It didn't took too long for me to try sneaking out of the class, as soon as the teacher started reading a magazine I was able to run away to the playground. With a huge smile of victory in my face, I quickly ran to the swings. I closed my eyes and started giggling once the cold and refreshing breeze hit my face, making my long hair fly. It felt good, a calm and relaxing breeze, I love that. Suddenly the good felling was gone, the wind stopped such as the swing. I opened my eyes questioning myself why that felling was gone. In front of me there was a bunch of kids, some seem to have my age and others a little older. They started yelling at me, but I didn't understood anything. One of the kids grabbed my sweater and, with the help of the other kids, pushed me to the ground. I started crying and yelling at them but the only answer I got was they laugh. They quickly ignored me and started playing around, I ran away from them and went to what it looked like an abandoned playground. With tears still running down on my face, I quickly sat on an old and rusty swing, however this one didn't brought me the good felling. He barely moved and when it did, he would do some weird noises. I sighed and lowered my head. * I just want to go home... Is that asking too much?!*

"CHARLOTTE?! WHERE ARE YOU?!" I widened my eyes. "CHARLOTTE?!! OMO YOU'RE THERE! LITTLE GIRL YOU'RE IN BIG TROUBLES" The scary teacher grabbed me and took me back to the class. "You can't leave this room!! Not even for lunch time! That is your punishment for running away! Understand?!" She yelled. "And for today, you're not able to play with the others!" She continued, grabbing a weird bag and leaving the room with the other kids. I stood there, looking at the wall, which was what she instructed me before leaving.

"Why do I have to stay here and don't eat at all! If she was responsible I wouldn't have ran away! It's not my fault!" I complained, crossing my arms over my chest. A few minutes standing still my legs started trembling and I fell onto the floor. "I'm going to die, my mom put me here to die, whyyyy?! I just pulled the flower to give it to her, and promised that I wouldn't do it anymore..." I burst into tears. A few seconds later passed when I felt a soft poke, looking through my shoulder I saw two pair of eyes looking at me with both confusion and worrying written on it. He started talking but I couldn't understand anything. After getting no answers he paused for a second and then pointed at himself.

"JongIn imnida!" He said with his lips curving into a smile. * Is he saying his name? * He then pointed at me.

"C-Charlotte" I said nervously, sniffing because of the crying. He then pointed at himself again and looked at me. "JunhIm imnida...?” I said hesitantly. He started laughing.

"Jong…In" He simply replied.

"Ah! You JongIn, me Charlotte! "I said pointing the fingers. He nod and waved his hand with a smile, I waved back. He then got closer to me and started observing my tears. I stared blankly at him and then felt his hands on my face, while saying some words he tried to clean the now dried tears. After thinking it was okay, he let go of my face and, looking at me, he started making some weird gestures. He pointed to his mouth.

"Charlotte, nham nham nham?" I looked at him, he realized I didn't understand and sighed, rubbing his neck. A few seconds later he quickly got up and ran out of the room. That made me frown.

“What are you doing?! COME BACK HERE!! DON’T LEAVE ME ALONE!!” I was about to get up and follow him when he came back, confused with my yelling. I pouted at him and crossed my arms, turning around towards the wall. “Just go! Leave me here!” I faked my anger, not really wanting him to go away. I heard him walking out of the room and quickly turned around. “No wait!” I said, my eyes started tearing again. “Don’t go!” I mumbled. All of sudden he entered the room once again. His eyes widened and he quickly got closer to me. I noticed the sandwich and the water battle on his hands. He placed them on the floor and pulled me into a hug.

“Okay~ okay~” He kept chanting that while caressing my hair and I hugged him back.  "Charlotte nham nham nham?" He repeated his question from a while ago, after breaking the hug, now pointing towards the sandwich and water bottle. A smile spread on my lips and I nodded furiously.

"Jo…Jun…Jin…" I tried to remember his name but failed. “Jonh-“

“Kai!” He suddenly blurted, making me confused.

“Kai?” He pointed at himself and repeated the name.

“Me Kai”

“Ah~ your name is also Kai?” I asked him and he looked at me nervously.

“K-Kai” He stuttered not knowing what more to say. I nodded and proceeded with me first question.

“Kai, you nham nham nham?” He shocked his head. Somehow I could understand him and, with his answer, I quickly grabbed the sandwich and started eating. * I should thank him. * I looked at with a huge grin, making a few pieces of the sandwich fall from my mouth as I munched on big bites. He only chuckled.

"Kai!" I paused and give him a big, bright and cute smile showing him how I was grateful for what he did, receiving a bright smile from him. As I ate my sandwich, Kai had decided to play with my hair and soon the bell rang, making Kai quickly got up.

"Kai..." He said pointing to the door, showing that he was about to leave. I pouted. He smiled cutely and hugged me. “Kai back! “ He then reached for my hand and locked his pinkie with mine, promising he would be back. “Charlotte, Kai friends!” He waved goodbye, still smiling and left. Soon I saw the kids from my class getting in. I quickly stood up as I remembered the teachers order.

"I see you're still doing what I told you... Good girl!" She said. The time passed by really slowly, I could hear the other kids playing around while I could only look to the wall, without being able to move.* How I wished Kai was here * I sighed when I heard the teacher saying it was time to leave. *Finally* "Charlotte come here! Your mom it’s at the gate! “I walked slowly towards the teacher.” If she asks, you spend the whole day playing around Okay? And I hope you've learn your lesson! Or next time I’ll put you a worse punishment, Okay?" I looked down afraid she would do something. She took me towards the school entrance. As soon as I saw my mother I quickly ran to her open arms and hugged her the tightest my little arms could.

"Aww I see my baby girl missed me!" She smiled and, after saying thanks to the teacher, we left.

“Mom... I've been there ... so...can we go back home now?! “I said still hugging her.

"Of course we are going home darling... we wouldn't sleep here on the streets!” She said while caring me.

"So are we going back to London?" I cheerfully said while pinching her cheeks.

"No darling... we are going to our new house, here in Korea!" I buried my head on her shoulder.

"I want to go back to Dad" I mumbled.

"Darling... I'm sorry but we can't go back to him... He has another family now..." She said caressing my hair. “But we don't need him, we still have each other right?!"

"I'm always with mom!” I kissed her cheek.

"That's my girl!” She chuckled. “So, did you made any friends?”

“Yes!!” I said cheerfully. “He’s a really good friend! He even gave me his lunch!” I said, playing with my mom’s hair.

“Oh really? Your lunch isn’t enough? You’re so greedy!” She laughed heartily.

“Well… It’s your fault anyways, you made me this way” I said cockily and she laughed once again. “Mom, can we make something for Kai? He’s my only friend!”

“Sure darling” On the way to the new home, I fell asleep on her shoulder. When we arrive, she quickly put me on my pajamas and put me on the bed, giving me a goodnight kiss.

--

Arriving to the school, I lost no time. I bid goodbye to my mom and started searching to find my new friend, even though we didn't talk that much, we could still understand each other… kind of. I looked for, what I thought everywhere, until I found a big tree. Her branches and leaves were bent down, making a small refuge. I slowly averted the branches and leaves, and walk into the refuge. As soon as I saw Kai, I ran towards him with a huge smile tugging on my lips and gave him a little hug. However Kai didn't hug me back. My smile started decreasing as I took a step back and looked at his shocked expression. His friends, that were there, left * what’s wrong with him?* suddenly remembering something, I opened my bag and pulled a box filled with cookies. I took one and put the box back in the bag. I smiled brightly and extended my arm towards him, giving him the cookie. He grabbed the cookie and throw it to the ground, refusing it. My eyes fell to the ground * I thought I had a friend...* I started crying. He then started yelling at me and grabbed my arm, taking me out of that place. “You know I can't understand! Why you keep talking!” I cried harder, throwing my arms in the air, frustrated. He then left towards inside the refuge once again leaving me alone. I kept crying, not knowing why he was being so rude today. Soon the bell rang and I saw him leaving. I left behind him, looking down while kicking some leaves through the way, not even bothering the tears that were still running down on my face. Arriving in class, I started making a few draws to entertain myself. Soon it was lunch time, I quickly stood up, felling happy because this time I was allowed to eat. I quickly ate and went to play around. While playing I kept on looking towards the tree and, decided, I walked towards there, I wanted to know why he wasn’t my friend anymore.

"Charlotte!" I bright smile welcomed me as I enter the refuge. I looked at him confused.

"Kai...?" He smiled and nodded happily, running towards me and giving me a kiss on the forehead and a hug, blushing a little bit when he broke it, I smiled. "Charlotte!" I said pointing at me. “Nham nham nham” I said pointing to the school building “Kai! " I pointed at him and then turned to point to me. He looked at me confused. I made him a signal to stay where he was and, when he nodded, I quickly went back inside to grab the little container filled with cookies.

"Nham nham nham Kai! "  I said opening the box with the cookies. His eyes sparkled when he saw those cookies. He quickly took two, giving one to me, and we both ate. Then out of nowhere, someone started shouting and waking towards Kai, yelling at him. Despite the fact that I couldn't understand what they were saying nor what was happening, I still could see they were getting angry and so, afraid, I took some steps back, ready to leave that place. Suddenly the guy turned towards me and my jaw dropped.

"T-T-Two Kais?" I said shocked. The other guy starting shouting at me once again and was about to grab my arm when Kai pulled me behind him. He and the other ‘Kai’ keep shouting at each other and I started feeling really scared as it seems they were going to fight. Suddenly, realizing how scared and shocked I was, Kai pulled me into his embrace, receiving my hug back. He then explained.

"Kai..." He pointed to him. “Charlotte" He pointed to me. “Taemin" he pointed to the angry guy, this one started yelling once again. But quickly stopped when Kai yelled back a few things at him. He then walked towards me and bowed. He pointed to him and pouted. * I guess he's saying 'sorry'...* I smiled and hugged him. He was taken aback at first but then, he slowly hugged me. We broke the hug and headed towards the cookie box that was still on the floor. The three of us sat around the box and ate all the cookies. Since that day, every day we would meet at our little ‘home’ and share our food.

 

       End of flashback

 

 Your POV:

 

“Aww, that looks so cute! I bet they were also cute! “I said while we walk inside the mall.

"Haha, they were really cute! But I was even more!" She complimented herself cockily and I chuckled.

"Of course…” I rolled my eyes. “So... what happened to Taemin then...? And why he's such a good person and… Kai is not? It’s like they switch personalities...”

"Well Taemin changed to another city when he was 16, so it was just me and Kai. And they both have a great heart!! But Kai... Kai is just... he just faced too many things... you know...”

“Oh…” That took me by surprise, now I felt curious.

“Unfortunately he’s still facing them… that's why sometimes he's so rude..." She continued.

“Sometimes?” I raised an eyebrow and she gave me a poker face. “What did he faced anyways…?”

“I’m sure that you’ll like him, you just need to know the real him… Until then just give him a brake…” She ignored my question.

“Geez you sound like if he’s some kind of victim!” I complained and she sighed. “Wait? He is?!” My eyes widened.

“Like I said, don’t allow him to insult you and make fun of you. But just keep in mind that he’s not being himself when he does that… I’m sure that you’ll like him, you just need to know the real himI’m sure that you’ll like him, you just need to know the real him

"Hm…I see..." * Maybe he's a good person after all...* I concluded, not wanting to ask more about him as I could see that Charlotte felt unconfutable with the topic. “So… let's go have some fun?!”