Chapter 1

My Life

 

"Bye Megan! See you tomorrow!!" I said while reaching for my bag and the house keys.

"Whatever!" She grumbled and turned her back towards me. I sighed and left home with my mom still lying on the couch. This is basically how I start my days. I get up to find my mom sleeping on the couch most of the times. Maybe because she's tired or she's just too drunk to climb the stairs and go to her room. Although I know the real reason I choose to believe the first explanation. Anyways, I try to leave the house as clean as possible, the breakfast placed on the table and the lunch in the frigde. If you're wondering about the dinner, I only cook it for me since my mother spends all day out (including the night) . At first I tried to ignore but there was even times where she would be 3 or more days without coming home. Worried I confront her about the situation, regreting it later since she just beat me and told me to stay out of her life. I was on my way to the school when I heard someone shouting my name.

"Violet!!!" As I keep walking, I turned around to see my stupid and amazing best friend. Smilling, I waved at him indicating that I was not going to wait for him and stuck my tongue. "YAH!! WHATCH OUT!!" Ignoring him I chuckled and keep walking straight, only to hit with my face right in the middle of a street pole. "Hahahaha!! I told you!" He approached me while mocking me. I took a deep sight and with a pout, rubbed my face with carefull.

"Jerk!" My pout grew when he kept laughing like there's no tomorrow. "It was not that fun you know?!" I rolled my eyes and started walking once again, leaving him behind.

"That's because It happened to you and not me!" He said while composing himself and started following me.

"Whatever...It was your fault anyways!" I hit his arm.

"Hey! It's for a good reason okay?!" He protested.

"Good reason?! Entertainment it's not a good reason!!" I hit him again, furrowing my eyebrows.

"It's not for that! I have an offer for you!" He said, a smile growing on his lips.

"Go on..." I raised my eyebrow.

"Remember how you wanted to be independent?! And if possible experience a time on another country?!" He said, excitment filling his voice.

"Y-Yes..." I stuttered, surprised of how he still remembers that old conversation. Nevertheless I kept my eyebrow lifted.

"Remember how I made you learn Korean because of me?!" He smiled widely.

"Yes! You Bastard!!" I gave him a cold look and hit is arm again. Since he's Korean and his parents always had hopes on returning to Korea, they made him learn it. And he made me learn it.

"Well!! I applied you... ON A EXCHANGE PROGRAM IN KOREA!!" I raised my eyebrow once again.

"W-what?!" I looked at him confused. "Are you for real?!" He nodded his head excitedly.

"See... After all you didn't learn Korean for nothing!"

"Omo!! This is so~ cool!!!" I finally realised what was happening and started jumping around, now I was the one extremely excited. "Wait!! But how? And when?"

"Well I filled some papers and stuff... Just a normal application." He shrugged.  "As for when... I saw that you're suppose to leave in 4 days! You better start packing!" He ruffled my hair as I stared at him surprised.

"Four days?! Are you serious!! I've to tell my mom and..."

"So what? Do you take four days to do that?!" He cut me. Looking around I saw I've already arrived school and sighed.

"You're coming too right?" I decided to change subject.

"Nop... Why would I?" I raised my eyebrow. "What?! It's true!! I've already been in Korea!"

"But it would be our experience!!" I whined.

"But it's going to be YOUR experience!" He ruffled my hair for the second time today and I pouted.

"But Brandon~~"

"Vel~~ " He quickly change his face expression and started pouting while giving me some killing puppy eyes.

"Oppaa~~" I tried my best agyeo.

"Yah! Stop that ugly face!! God are you trying to kill me?" My features changed and I gave him a poker face. "Sorry, but you've to go alone Vel"

"Fine!" I sighed and the school bell rang. "Just don't call me that again!" I continued.

"Vel~~ Vel~~ It's such a beautiful nickname... Vel..." He teased, earning a cold stare. Even thought he calls me like that for years now, I've always hated it, it's such an awfull nickname. "You better go now... I don't want you to get late!!" He empathise the word 'you' since he was the one already late for class.

"Hey! You were the one following me!! Not my fault!" I stuck my tongue.

"Yeah yeah right... I'm out!!" He hitted my head and left running.

"YAH!!" I pouted and he quickly turned around, running back towards me. As soon as he reach me, he cupped my face and kissed softly my forehead. A grin spread widely on my lips as I gave him a hug before he started running again. "Love you!!" I shouted.

"Love you too!!" And with that he sprinted towards college. Looking towards the school building I sighed * Here we go again...* With a deep breath, I finally entered that hell. The class was boring (as always) but I spend the time thinking on how to tell my mother about the exchange. Soon the class was over and I left sprinting towards the canteen with my stomach growling. My excitment was replaced with disapointment when I find out what's the lunch. *Not broad beans again!!* My stomach growled with agreement and I  almost trow up because of the horrible smell. I decided to leave the tray behind and took a sit on one of the tables. An angry pout emerged on my lips as I looked towards the populars table and saw them eating chicken and salad. *Bastards* With a sigh, I brought my cellphone and listened to music until classes started once again. After a long day, I finally arrived home and as expected, my mother was nowhere to be seen. After taking a bath and have my dinner, I decided to write a paper to my mother, informing her about the exchange.

"YOU!! WAKE UP!!" My mother shouted. I quickly got up and looked towards the clook. *6:00? What the hell?!*

"W-What's wrong?!" I rubbed my eyes worriedly and got up, looking at her figure. Hands on her hips with a angry face she came closer, intimidating me.

"ARE YOU GOING TO TO LEAVE?!" She shouted, her eyes burning my soul.

"Ahm.. It's just..."

"ARE YOU?!" She pressured and I lowered my head.

"Mom... Let me expla-" She cut me off with a hard slap.

"DON'T CALL ME THAT YOU !!" She slapped me again, this time making me fall onto the hard floor. "I'M NOT AND NEVER WILL BE YOUR MOTHER!! NOW JUST ING ANSWER ME!"

"I-I..."

"STOP STUTTERING!!" She grabbed me by my hair and made me face her.

"Y-yes but it's an exchang-"

"GOOD!! PACK ALL OF YOUR AND DON'T COME BACK!!" She kicked one of my luggage and trowed a plastic bag, leaving the room right after. With a heavy sigh, I got up and lay down on my bed,deciding to ignore what just happened and sleep for one more hour. Unfortunatly only 30 minutes passed and my mom came back, grabbing me by my hair she pulled me out of the bed. "ARE YOU ING KIDDING ME?!! WHAT A ING !!" She shouted in disbelief and started dragging me towards the front door. She trowed me out of the house after slapping me once again. "DON'T YOU DARE COMING BACK YOU !!" She yelled while kicking my legs as well as my back. I held my cries, not wanting to piss her off even more.She finally stopped kicking me and went back inside, closing the door violently and leaving me in the middle of the sidewalk, coughing some blood, in pain and on my pyjamas at 6:30. I slowly got up and decided to just leave her alone. Sore, I walked calmly towards Brandon's house, fortunatly his house was just 20 minutes away from mine. Injured, By 7AM I was finally able to reach his house and rang the doorbell, I could barely stand since my legs were shaking like hell and about to give up. After a few minutes, my sleepy bestfriend opened the door while messing with his hair, his eyes still half close.

"Aishh really?! It's my free day, today!!!" He complained and rubbed his eyes, these ones grew wide when looking carefully at me."WHAT THE ?!!"