Sitting in a tree

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

It's a sunny afternoon and Zelo was walking down the street with Yongguk. He then spotted a candy store and his eyes lit up while a big smile appeared on his face, he turned to Yongguk and tugged on his sleeve, making the the older look at him.


"What is it, Zelo?" asked Yongguk as he stopped walking.


"Yongguk, I want to go buy some candy," said Zelo while bouncing a little and pointing to the store.


"What happened to all the candy you bought the day before yesterday?" asked Yongguk with raised eyebrows.


"I ate it all," said Zelo with a pout and put his hands behind his back, Yongguk chuckled and ruffled his hair.


"Sorry, Zelo, but your parents told me to keep you away from too much sugar," said the older.


"But I want candy!" whined Zelo as he stomped his feet.


"Well, you're not getting it," said Yongguk as he put his hands in his pockets and started walking again.


"Whyyyy?" whined Zelo as he followed, he then clung onto Yongguk's arm.


"Just a bag of gummy bears," pleaded the younger.


"No," replied Yongguk.


"Please?" begged Zelo.


"Uh-uh," said Yongguk while shaking his head.


Zelo frowned and let go of Yongguk's arm, the older looked over at him and chuckled when he saw the annoyed look on Zelo's face.


"Zelo, you're not getting any candy and that's final," said Yongguk as they stopped walking again.


"Hmph!" huffed Zelo as he crossed his arms, he looked around and spotted something then looked back at Yongguk with a sulky look.


"So, I can't have any candy?" he asked the older, the latter shook his head.


"Fine," said Zelo, then huffed again and ran off towards the nearby park.


"Hey! Zelo, come back here!" called Yongguk as he ran after the younger.


Zelo ran past the swings and jumped up on a tree branch, then pulled himself up and started to climb the tree as fast as possible. By the time Yongguk reached the tree, Zelo was too high to reach and the older scratched the back of his head uncertainly.


How am I supposed to get up there? Yongguk asked himself as he searched for a branch, but they were all to high.


"Zelo! Get down from there!" the older called instead.


"No!" Zelo shouted back.


Since the leaves were covering the younger, Yongguk couldn't really see him and only heard his voice.


"You're going to fall!"


"I don't care!"


"Don't make me call the fire department!" called Yongguk as he craned his neck and spotted Zelo's white sneakers.


"Go ahead!" replied the stubborn younger.


Yongguk let out a sigh and ran his hands through his hair while looking around the park, trying to think of something to get Zelo down. Just then, he spotted Youngjae running towards him with a big grin on his face.


"Yongguk! I knew that was you," said Youngjae as he reached the older.


"Hi, Youngjae," greeted Yongguk with a smile as he high fived the younger.


"What are you doing here?" asked Youngjae.


"I'm with Zelo," replied Yongguk.


"Zelo? Where is he?" asked Youngjae curiously as he looked around.


"He decided to have a seat," replied Yongguk while pointing up.


Youngjae tilted his head to the side in confusion and looked up, spotting a pair of white sneakers swinging back and forth.


"I see him," said Youngjae, then looked back at Yongguk, who was now leaning against the tree.


"Why is he up there?" asked the younger.


"He wanted candy and I said no," replied Yongguk.


"Ohh, so now he's throwing a tantrum," said Youngjae with a comprehending look.


"Yeah, you know ho

Please log in to read the full chapter