Umma mode: Activated

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next few days were a little awkward for Zelo not only because he indirectly confessed to Jongup, but because the latter started showing up more often at his house.


Can I get away with asking my mom to tell him I'm not home? wondered Zelo as he paced in his room.


He had made that excuse multiple times already and didn't know if Jongup actually bought it because he would text five minutes later. Zelo had also tried the "I'm asleep" excuse, but that never worked because Jongup would appear in his room and "wake" him up.


Just as Zelo was going to go downstairs to tell his mom about his excuse, the door to his room opened and his mom poked her head in.


"Jongup's here," she said with a smile.


"Um, t-tell him I'm not here," said Zelo nervously.


His mom only gave him a look, but nodded and closed the door again. Zelo let out a relieved breath, but he quickly went to go see if his mom actually tells Jongup. He quietly crept down the stairs, his eyes wide with curiosity and he sat on the steps, being sure to stay out of sight.


"Sorry, Jongup, I thought Junhong was in his room. He probably went to play with Yongguk or study with Himchan,"


Yes! Good one, mom! I'm sure Jongup will believe one of those! Zelo mentally cheered with a triumphant smile.


"Oh... that's weird, Himchan works right now and I just came back from Yongguk's place and Zelo wasn't there," said Jongup, he then let out a sigh and smiled politely.


"When Zelo's done eavesdropping from the stairs, could you let him know that I'll be waiting for him at the skate park?" he said.


Zelo's eyes widened in shock and he scrambled back into his room, completely forgetting about being quiet. Jongup saw and chuckled to himself while Zelo's mom got a sheepish look on her face.


"I'll let him know," she assured with a smile, Jongup nodded with another polite smile and walked away.


You've got to face me properly sometime, Zelo thought Jongup with a grin.


---------------------------------------------


Yongguk was doing some tricks on his bike when he looked up and saw Jongup walking into the skate park. The older grinned and started waving his arms in the air to catch his attention.


"Jongup! Over here!" called Yongguk.


Jongup stopped walking and looked around, grinning when he saw Yongguk and walked over to him.


"What's up, Yongguk?" greeted Jongup with a high five.


"Just trying out some new tricks. You?" replied Yongguk as he just sat on his bike.


"Waiting for Zelo," said Jongup with a shrug.


Just then, Himchan appeared out of nowhere and slung his arm around Jongup's shoulders.


"I thought you were at work," said Jongup with a blink.


"Today's my day off," said Himchan, he then turned to Yongguk.


"That reminds me, why didn't you pick me up from work yesterday?" he demanded.


"I was busy," replied Yongguk somewhat defensively, making Jongup raise a curious eyebrow at the two.


"Sure you were," said Himchan sarcastically.


"Hi, guys!" called a cheerful voice, the trio turned and saw Youngjae walking towards them with Daehyun beside him.


"Hey, you two," greeted Himchan with a grin while Yongguk gave them a wave and Jongup nodded in greeting.


"We're missing someone," said Youngjae with a pout.


"Where's Zelo?" Daehyun asked Jongup.


Jongup looked around the park and pointed, the others looked around in that direction and saw Zelo rolling into the park on his skateboard. The younger was wearing a blue hoodie with the hood pulled over his head and he was looking around with a nervous expression.


"Zelo! Over here!" called Youngjae while H

Please log in to read the full chapter