First Fight

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Zelo was in his room waiting for Jongup to call him like he usually does, he had his phone in his hands and was pacing back and forth. Jongup usually called around nine, Zelo looked at his digital clock and it read nine fifteen.
 

Could he still be busy with his homework? he asked himself with a thoughtful frown as he stopped pacing.
 

Another twenty minutes passed and Jongup still hadn't called, making Zelo start to worry. He sat on his bed and called his boyfriend, Jongup picked up after the third ring; which was odd because he usually picks up after the first or second ring.
 

"Jongup, are you alright?" asked Zelo, not waiting for Jongup to greet him.
 

"Zelo? Yeah, I'm okay. Why?" came Jongup's confused reply.
 

"It's just... you didn't call and I thought something must have happened," admitted Zelo in a worried tone.
 

"Hey, Jongup! It's your turn!" called a voice from the background on Jongup's side, it was then that Zelo heard some music blasting and wild cheering in the background.
 

"Where are you, Jongup?" asked Zelo in a suspicious tone.
 

"I'm just... hanging out with Zico and Jihoon at my place," replied Jongup in a hesitant tone.
 

Why is he lying to me? wondered Zelo with a frown; he knew perfectly well that Jongup's parents didn't allow those two in the house because of their trouble making reputation.
 

"I thought you had to study for an important test," said Zelo, not bothering to keep the accusatory tone out of his voice.
 

"I was studying. But then these two stopped by and I decided to take a short break," said Jongup with a nervous laugh.
 

"Or you lied to my face and went to your underground dance battles after you promised me you wouldn't do it anymore," said Zelo with a scowl.
 

"No, Zelo, listen -" said Jongup in a pleading tone.
 

"Goodnight, Jongup. Have fun," said Zelo in a cold tone and hung up, he then threw his phone at the wall and didn't care that it fell apart.
 

Stupid Jongup, making me worry over nothing thought Zelo angrily as he got off his bed to change into his pajamas.
 

When he was done, he looked at his broken phone and scoffed; he didn't feel like trying to piece it back together. Zelo climbed into his bed and tried to fall asleep, but it was impossible the more he thought about Jongup lying to him.
 

This is the first time he's lied to me... And the first time I hung up on him thought Zelo with a sad look.
 

----------------------------------------------------------------------
 

The next day, Zelo fixed his phone and went to school; only the battery had fallen off. As soon as he turned it on, the phone blew up with messages and missed calls from Jongup. Zelo rolled his eyes and deleted everything, just as he was going to put his phone in his pocket, it started to ring.
 

Zelo saw that it was Himchan and answered as he came to a stop at the intersection.
 

"Zelo, do you mind telling me why Jongup was calling me at six this morning asking me about you?" asked Himchan in a tired and confused tone.
 

"He lied to me about something, so I hung up on him," replied Zelo with a shrug, Himchan was silent on the other end as if letting the information process.
 

"No... Jongup would never lie to you about anything, Zelo. Are you sure you didn't misunderstand something?" said Himchan.
 

"He told me he was going to be studying last night and when he didn't call me, I called and it sounded like he was having a good time with his friends." said Zelo, feeling last night's anger rising again.
 

"Those guys probably dragged him out or something," said Himchan, but doubt was in his voice.
 

"Himchan, we both know Jongup doesn't let anyone distract him from something important," said Zelo with a roll of his eyes.
 

"Zelo!" the latter turned and saw Jongup running towards him, he quickly said goodbye to Himchan and hung up before crossing the street.
 

"Zelo, wait!"
 

Zelo continued to ignore Jongup, but the latter quickly caught up to him and grabbed his arm to stop him.
 

"Don't touch me." snapped Zelo with a scowl as he yanked his arm away and was about to walk off ag

Please log in to read the full chapter