Uh-oh

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Zelo was walking home from school when he heard a familiar voice, making him look up. He smiled broadly when he saw Jongup walking on the other side of the street, but then frowned when he saw a pretty girl walking beside him.


Who's that girl? he asked himself while unconsciously glaring at her as she laughed at something Jongup said.


Zelo looked both ways before running across the street towards Jongup and the girl.


"Hi, Jongup!" said Zelo with one of his cute smiles.


The other two looked up and saw him, Jongup smiled and greeted back while the girl just gave a polite smile.


"I got a lot of homework today, can you help me with it?" asked Zelo and looked at Jongup with puppy eyes.


"Sure, Zelo, I'll just drop off Hyosung at her house and then meet you at yours," replied Jongup, making the younger frown.


"She can walk home by herself," said Zelo somewhat coldly.


Jongup was taken aback by his words and tone while Hyosung looked surprised and a little amused.


"That's true, but I want to make sure she gets there safely," said Jongup.


"We're in broad daylight, Jongup, nothing will happen to her," said Zelo stubbornly.


"You never know," said Jongup with a patient smile.


"Tch, fine... I don't need your help anymore," said Zelo and he crossed the street again.


"Zelo, wait!" called Jongup, but the younger kept walking.


Jongup let out a sigh and turned to Hyosung, who still hasn't said a word.


"Sorry about that, Hyosung, Zelo's usually very friendly," he said with a sheepish look.


"It's okay, Jongup, I see now that Himchan wasn't exaggerating when he said that Zelo's an extremely cute boy," she said with a smile.


"Yeah, he is," agreed Jongup with a grin.


-------------------------------------


When Zelo got home, he went straight to his room and put his book bag on the desk chair before plopping face down on his bed.


Why would Jongup choose that girl over me? he thought with a pout, he then heard a buzzing sound and lifted his head curiously.


"What's that sound?" Zelo asked himself as he looked around his room.


He then remembered that he left his phone on vibrate in his book bag and he got off the bed. Zelo went over to the chair and pulled out his phone from the front pocket of his book bag, a light frown appeared on his face when he saw a message from Jongup.


"Tch," he said, then put his phone on the desk and went back to sulking on his bed.


I just won't answer him... thought Zelo as he heard his phone buzz again.


Zelo's phone kept buzzing every three or so minutes for about ten minutes and it eventually got on his nerves.


"Okay already!" exclaimed an irritated Zelo as he got up from his bed again and grabbed his phone.


He saw that it was now buzzing because Jongup was calling him, so he pressed the answer button and held the phone up to his ear.


"What do you want, Jongup?" asked Zelo in annoyance, not caring at the moment if he sounded rude.


"I thought something bad happened to you! Why aren't you answering my texts?!" shouted Jongup, startling Zelo.


"I -"


"Don't you ever scare me like that

Please log in to read the full chapter