Woo! It's official!

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

The next day, Zelo was lying on his bed and staring up at the ceiling with a thoughtful pout. Yesterday at the park, Jongup had pulled Zelo aside and properly confessed to him and the younger just stood there with big eyes without knowing what to say. Jongup didn't mind and just smiled at Zelo with one of those kind smiles of his.


Why am I reacting like this? I should be happy that Jongup feels the same way about me... I guess I never thought things would get this weird... thought Zelo, he sighed and sat up on his bed.


His phone started ringing and he immediately knew it was Jongup because of the specific ringtone he had for each of his friends. Zelo got up and went to get his phone from the desk and answered.


"Zelo, let's go get some ice cream," said a cheerful Jongup.


"Um, okay," replied Zelo somewhat shyly.


"I'll see you in a bit, then... cutie," Jongup said the last part with a chuckle and hung up.


Zelo felt his cheeks grow warm as he put his phone on his pocket and went to his closet to look for something to wear.


------------------------------------------


Jongup was now sitting on the front steps of Zelo's house, waiting for the younger to come out. Even though he was coming off as confident and smooth, Jongup always felt really nervous around Zelo. He never wanted to risk his friendship with the younger due to his feelings, so Jongup made sure to never let his hugs or stares linger for too long. Jongup was also afraid that Zelo might have an interest in someone else, which was another reason he kept his feelings to himself; he felt like it would only burden Zelo.


I'm glad it's a mutual feeling thought Jongup with a small smile.


He heard the door open behind him and turned his head, he saw Zelo walking out and locking the front door. When Zelo turned to face Jongup, the latter stood up and got a smirk on his face when he saw Zelo blush.


I'm even more glad that I'm the one who makes him shy like this thought Jongup in triumph.


"S-Should we get going?" asked Zelo with a stutter.


Jongup smiled brightly and nodded, they started walking for a bit and Jongup suddenly took Zelo's hand. The younger looked down at their hands and then looked up at Jongup with big eyes.


"I always wanted to walk like this," said Jongup with a content sigh.


Zelo smiled a little and looked away, not protesting at all and just enjoyed the warm feeling of Jongup's hand in his.


I always wanted to walk like this too... he thought happily.


They made it to the ice cream parlor and sat down at a booth by the window. They decided what they were going to get and Jongup said he'd go get the ice cream and got up, leaving Zelo sitting at the booth.


The younger didn't feel so nervous anymore and just let out a relaxed sigh as he looked out the window. A few minutes later, he heard someone walking up to him and thought it was Jongup, so he looked up with a smile... but his smile faded when he saw that it wasn't Jongup.


"Hi there, I just came over to say that you're really cute," said a guy with gelled up red hair, he was wearing sunglasses and had a smirk on his face.


"Um, thanks... I guess," said Zelo uncomfortably then looked down at his hands, hoping he would go away.


"You're welcome," said the redhead, he took off his sunglasses and sat beside Zelo on the booth.


"I-I'm here with someone," said Zelo as he scooted away a little.


"I don't mind, I can keep you company until they get back," said the guy, he tilted his head to the side and rested his arm on the booth's backrest.


"What's your name?" he asked.


Zelo didn't reply and shifted uncomfortably in his seat, he looked around to try and spot Jongup, but had no luck.


"Shy, huh?" said the redhead with a chuckle, he then started playing with Zelo's hair, who jumped a little in surprise.


"That's okay, shy guys are definitely my type," he said in a low voice, then chuckled when Zelo smacked his hand away.


"What part of I'm here with someone don't you understand?" asked Zelo in annoyance, the redhead raised an eyebrow in amusement and let out a laugh.


"Feisty too? Now I'm really interested," he said with a grin.


"Jihoon, leave that boy alone!" called a male voice.


Zelo looked up and saw a blue haired guy walking towards them, the red head known as Jihoon rolled his eyes and looked at his blue haired friend in annoyance.


"Stay out of this, Zico," he said.


Zico reached their table and crossed his arms, then gave Zelo an apologetic look before turning back to the redhead.


"He's the guy Jongup likes, so you better leave him alone," warned Zico.


Jihoon got a look of surprise on his face as he looked back at Zelo, who also had a surprised look on his face.


"You're Zelo?" asked Jihoon with a big smile.


"Y-Yes," replied Zelo with a stutter, not sure if he should

Please log in to read the full chapter