Your smile, my light

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Youngjae noticed something different about Daehyun the last few days; it had started on Monday, when Youngjae was about to finish his shift. Daehyun had showed up without prior notice and surprised Youngjae with a red rose and a surprise dinner date; it was a really well thought of date and Youngjae was all smiles. On Tuesday, Daehyun actually waited for Youngjae to come out of work and serenaded him in front of his coworkers; Youngjae's red face could compete with the cherry tomatoes Zelo loved so much.

On Wednesday, Youngjae was woken up by his doorbell early in the morning and had the surprise of his life when he saw a big bouquet of roses in a decorative glass vase sitting in front of his door; he didn't think twice to know who they were from. On Thursday, Youngjae received multiple poems from Daehyun throughout the day at work via different messengers; Yongguk, Himchan, Jongup, and Zelo.


On Friday, Daehyun came over to Youngjae's apartment and they had an in-home movie date; Youngjae was being extra pampered and cuddled. On Saturday, Daehyun prepared a home made lunch for the two of them and they had a relaxing picnic at the park; Youngjae could hardly contain his smiles. On Sunday, Youngjae was washing the dishes after they had dinner and Daehyun had quietly gone to stand behind him and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend's waist; once again, those red cheeks could compete.


Monday afternoon rolled around and Youngjae was walking home from the grocery store; he had received a text earlier from Daehyun, saying he would be coming over for another one on one dinner date. He made it to his apartment and saw Daehyun already waiting by his door with a paper bag in his hands.


"Dae!" called a cheerful Youngjae, making his boyfriend look up.
 

"Hi," greeted Daehyun with that eye smile Youngjae adores.
 

"You're here extremely early," commented the younger with a laugh as he opened the door.
 

"I wanted to get here as fast as possible so I won't miss a second of your smile," said Daehyun as they stepped inside.
 

"Ugh, that was so cheesy!" exclaimed Youngjae with a playful cringe.
 

"Only for you," whispered Daehyun into his ear, making his boyfriend shiver for real.
 

"H-Help me with this!" stuttered Youngjae as he dumped the grocery bags onto Daehyun's arms, the latter chuckled at his cuteness.
 

They got to work preparing everything and Youngjae found himself close to a mental breakdown every few minutes because Daehyun was being extra touchy and cuddly; unexpectedly. Once everything was boiling or cooking, Youngjae turned towards Daehyun and asked what had been on his mind for the past week.
 

"Daehyunnie~" called Youngjae, making the older look up from the stove with a questioning look.
 

"You've been acting weird lately. Did you hit your head somewhere or were you replaced by an intergalactic being?" asked Youngjae, his tone along with expression dead serious.
 

Daehyun blinked at his boyfriend's question before he double over in laughter, the serious look on Youngjae's face making him laugh even more.
 

"I'm serious, Dae," said Youngjae with a slight pout as he poked at Daehyun's arm.
 

"Oh, my gosh! W-What kind of q-question is that?!" exclaimed Daehyun as he held onto his aching stomach while still laughing.
 

"Just answer," said Youngjae with a whining undertone.
 

Daehyun's laughter eased a bit, but his shoulders still shook with supressed laughter as he looked at a

Please log in to read the full chapter