One shot

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Yongguk was waiting outside the video game store where Himchan works so he could walk his friend home. He was also thinking about how to finally confess to Himchan.


Why do confessions have to be so difficult? I mean, why can't I just say it straightforwardly... Something like... Channie, I like you as more than a friend. Will you be my boyfriend? ...Yeah, that sounds about right Yongguk got a silly grin on his face, but then thought of a set back.


What if Channie doesn't feel the same way? I mean, sure, he hugs me a lot and likes to randomly hold my hand... but he does that with the other guys too, how can I be sure of his feelings towards me?


"Argh, this is difficult!" said Yongguk out loud as he ruffled his own hair in exasperation.


"What's difficult?"


Yongguk jumped a mile high at the sound of Himchan's voice and turned to see said guy looking at him curiously.


"Um, nothing," replied Yongguk.


"Liar, I've been standing here for a good five minutes and you suddenly got that expression on your face before you shouted out." said Himchan with a frown.


"What expression?" asked Yongguk.


"It's hard to describe... it's like a mixture of fear and uncertainty," replied Himchan.


Yongguk looked away from Himchan and cleared his throat as he stuffed his hands in his pockets.


"Why would I be feeling those things?" he asked with a forced laugh.


Himchan didn't reply and just stared at his friend suspiciously for a few seconds before smiling and grabbing Yongguk's hand.


"Come on, we can talk about how our days went," he said and Yongguk only nodded as he and Himchan started walking.


I only have one chance to tell him... I better not mess it up thought Yongguk as Himchan whined talked about how his day at work went.


Yongguk was still highly aware of Himchan's hand holding his.


"And then this kid walks in all high and mighty demanding a refund for a game he ruined. Tch, if my manager wasn't there, I would have shown him who the real high and mighty one was," said Himchan with an indignant look, making Yongguk smile.


"What did you do instead?" asked Yongguk.


"I just smiled politely and told him to get out of my store before I sent a pack of angry boars at him," replied Himchan with an evil grin.


"Where would you get the angry boars from if the kid didn't leave?" asked Yongguk in amusement.


"I didn't have to think about that because he left running without looking back," said a cheerful Himchan.


Yongguk shook his head and started laughing, making Himchan smile and laugh too.


"Now, can you tell me what you were thinking about earlier?" asked Himchan with a cute smile.


"Really, Channie, it was nothing," said Yongguk with a shake of his head.


Himchan pouted and let go of Yongguk's hand so he could cross his arms and pretended to look angry.


"Come on, Channie, don't be that way," said Yongguk with a grin as they stopped walking.


"Being what way?" asked Himchan while raising an eyebrow, he then pouted again and clung onto Yongguk's arm.


"Just tell me what you were thinking about," he half whined, making Yongguk laugh.


"It wasn't important," insisted Yongguk.


Himchan then wrapped his arms around Yongguk's waist and buried his face in the crook of Yongguk's neck, making the older freeze.


"Please, Gukkie? Can you tell me what you were thinking about?" asked Himchan in a cute voice as he snuggled closer.


"Don't do this to me, Channie," said Yongguk as he looked around while his cheeks turned red.


"I want to help if you're feeling down," said Himchan, his breath feeling hot against Yongguk's neck.


I could always lie... no, he'll see right through it.

Please log in to read the full chapter