All is good

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Later that night, Zelo and Jongup were still playing video games upstairs while the others were sitting in the living room.


"How come we've never noticed that Zelo only listened to Jongup?" asked Himchan with a thoughtful look.


The others shrugged in reply then looked up when they heard footsteps, Zelo walked past them and into the kitchen. A few seconds later, he walked past them again with two soda cans and went back upstairs.


"When has he ever gotten any of us a soda?" asked Youngjae with a pout.


"You know what? I'm more than certain that Zelo has a crush on Jongup," said Yongguk with a grin.


"That would explain a lot," said Himchan with a laugh.


"Should we go spy on them?" asked Daehyun with a mischievous look.


The others scrambled to their feet and went upstairs, getting more quiet as they reached Zelo's bedroom door. Himchan pressed his ear against the closed door with a concentrated frown while the others watched with curious eyes.


"I can't really hear them," whispered Himchan, he then grabbed the doorknob and turned it as quietly as possible.


The others unconsciously held their breaths as Himchan opened the door a little bit and peered inside. After a few seconds, Yongguk went to stand behind Himchan and looked over his shoulder into the room while Youngjae and Daehyun crouched down to also get a look.


They saw Zelo and Jongup sitting on the floor with their backs facing the door, each with a video game control in their hands.


"What should we do after this, Zelo?" asked Jongup.


"Hm... I don't know, what do you want to do?" Zelo asked back.


"Let's go see what the others are doing," suggested Jongup, making the guys at the door freeze.


"No!" Zelo quickly refused, making Jongup look at him with a startled blink while the guys breathed out in relief.


"Why not?" asked Jongup.


"Because they're mean to me," replied Zelo with a pout.


"How are they mean?" asked Jongup with a frown, setting his controller down.


"I ask them for things and they don't want to give them to me," said Zelo, then looked at the older while still pouting.


"Well, Zelo, they probably have good reasons for not getting you everything you ask for," said Jongup as he ruffled Zelo's hair.


"What reasons could they have?" asked the younger with furrowed brows.


"Remember when Himchan didn't let you go skateboarding until you finished your homework?" asked Jongup, Zelo nodded.


"Well, he wanted to teach you responsibility; to do the important things first before you have fun," said Jongup, then grinned.


"And when Yongguk refused to buy you candy... He was teaching you to be conscious of your health because sometimes too much of a good thing is bad for you,"


Zelo's eyes lit up in understanding as he slowly nodded.


"Youngjae was trying to teach you self control, it's like I just said about having too much of a good thing,"


"And Daehyun was trying to teach you patience... Like that saying goes, 'Good things come to those who wait.'" said Jongup with a smile.


"Ohhh, I get it now," said Zelo with big eyes, the guys looked at each other with surprised blinks.


"Let's go back downstairs," whispered Yongguk, the others nodded and they quietly went back downstairs.


Jongup slightly turned his head and glanced at the door before picking up his controller again with a small smile as Zelo thought about everything.


So the guys weren't being mean... They were just looking out for me thought Zelo with a happy smile on his face.


"Let's play one more game and then go downstairs, okay?" said Jongup with a grin, Zelo nodded cheerfully and they started another game.


------------------------------------------


"Should we just let Jongup handle Zelo when he gets out of control?" asked Daehyun as he played with Youngjae's hair, the latter had his head resting on Daehyun's lap.


"That wouldn't be fair to Jongup," said Himchan.


"Then what should we do?" asked Youngjae, his eyes occasionally closing from sleepiness.

Please log in to read the full chapter