Realization

Zelo's Dark Place
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

Zelo was sitting next to Jongup on the floor with a pout as he looked around his boyfriend's room; they were doing their homework, but Zelo was done with his.
 

"Jongup, are you done yet?" asked Zelo as he rested his head on his boyfriend's shoulder.
 

"No, not yet," replied Jongup without looking up as he scribbled away on his notebook.
 

"When do you think you'll be done?" asked Zelo.
 

"I don't know," said Jongup.
 

"You said that five minutes ago," said Zelo with a frown.
 

"Hm," said Jongup distractedly as he continued to write; Zelo raised his head and looked at Jongup with a cute angry pout, he then tugged on Jongup's sleeve.
 

"What is it, Zelo?" asked Jongup without looking up.
 

"Let's go to the arcade," said Zelo.
 

"When I'm done with this," said Jongup, motioning to his homework.
 

"But we've been sitting here for a whole hour~" whined Zelo, then frowned when Jongup didn't reply.
 

"Uppie," called Zelo... no response.
 

"Jonguppie~" he tried in a cute tone... still nothing.
 

"Jongup," said Zelo in a serious tone... in through one ear and out the other.
 

This is getting annoying thought Zelo as he ruffled his own hair in frustration, he turned towards Jongup and tried a new approach.
 

"Jongup, look at me," said Zelo as he tugged in his boyfriend's sleeve.
 

"Why?" asked Jongup, still absorbed in his books.
 

"I have to tell you something," said Zelo while still tugging.
 

"I'm listening," said Jongup.
 

"No, you have to look at me," insisted Zelo.
 

"Why?" repeated Jongup in a disinterested tone as he continued to write.
 

"Because I said so," said Zelo; Jongup didn't reply and flipped some pages of his book, making the younger puff out his cheeks in annoyance.
 

Nobody ignores me, Uppie... thought Zelo as he stopped tugging at Jongup's sleeve; instead, he started to poke his boyfriend's side.
 

"Jongup, look at me... Look at me, look at me, look at me, look at me. Look. At. Me." said Zelo, poking Jongup with every word he said.
 

Jongup's face twisted in discomfort as he was being poked, but kept his cool and continued to do his homework.
 

"Jonguppie~ Look at me~ Look at me, Jongup~" whined Zelo while still poking.
 

"Zelo, you have ten seconds to stop before I give you the silent treatment for a month," warned Jongup, making Zelo immediately stop his actions.
 

"O-Okay," said Zelo as he sat up straight with his hands folded on his lap; knowing Jongup will go through with the threat.
 

After ten more minutes or so, Jongup was finally done with his homework and he turned towards Zelo with a smile.
 

"Now, what did you want to tell me?" he asked.
 

"Um... nevermind," said Zelo as he played with his fingers.
 

"You said it was important," said Jongup with raised eyebrows, the younger looked up at him with a sheepish smile and shook his head.
 

"It wasn't, really, I... I was just trying to get your attention," admitted Zelo and he averted his gaze again.
 

"So... you just wanted a little attention?" asked Jongup in amusement as he turned to fully face Zelo, the latter nodded with an embarrassed look.
 

"Sorry for distracting you, Jongup," mumbled Zelo; he then looked up and blinked in confusion when he heard Jongup chuckling.
 

"You are too cute sometimes, Zelo," said Jongup with a grin.
 

"So, you're not mad?" asked Zelo with big eyes.
 

The older shook his head while still grinning then held out his hand, Zelo eyed it uncertainly before reaching out his own hand.
 

"Ah!" yelped Zelo at the sudden pain, he retracted his hand and cradled it to his chest while looking at a smirking Jongup in disbelief.
 

"Did you just hit me?!" asked Zelo, his eyes wide.
 

"Want me to do it again?" asked Jongup, his smirk growing wider.
 

"You're mean, Jongup~" whined Zelo with a pout as he rubbed his h

Please log in to read the full chapter