Can't Remember

Bad Girl
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Stay there! I’ll come and get you!” I climbed up the tree, wanting to get Yun Hye.

“Stop! You’ll get hurt!” I looked down. There was a boy, but I couldn't see his face clearly. “Come down. I’ll get her for you.” He said. “Alright.” I replied.

“Watch out!” I fell off the tree, straight into his arms and landed on the ground.

I sat down on my bed. Chen played the piano. "I got my memory back, but it was all in bits and pieces. Chen, what’s wrong with me?" I whined, burying my head in the pillow.

"I'm listening." He continues playing. The beautiful melody echoes around the room. “You’re not helping.” I grunted. “I kept thinking of him these days, but I can’t remember who he is.” I continued. “Perhaps you know him?”   

“I don’t think so.’’ Chen denied. “My brother and I were recruited three years after your disappearance. I first knew about you from Tao. Why don’t you ask your childhood friends? Maybe they can help you.”

I gave a thought about what he said. Baekhyun won’t speak to me at all. I don’t want to mention Kris in front of Ah Young. Looks like Chanyeol was the best option. “Sounds like a plan.” 

 

I inhaled for the second time. The fresh air eased my mind a bit.

The ministers are rebelling at my return. They were not very pleased to know that their princess was the one who created chaos in the first place. They even assigned guards to watch over me in case I tried anything funny. I’d rather go back to the prison. At least I got my own privacy there. I huffed.

The guards followed me closely on each side. “Stay here. I’m going over there.” I said, pointing towards the patio. However, they ignored my words and remained by my side. “I need some air. You’re breathing on my neck.”

“But, we were told to..."

"Back. Off." They finally retreated after meeting my intense glare. I smiled triumphantly. That's better. I continued walking along the garden.

I spotted the same tree that I attempted to rescue Yun Hye from. The same tree that depicted my falling scene twice. I touched the tree with my bare fingers, hoping I could recall it again. 

"So, you know who he is?"

"I do, but I won't tell you directly." Chanyeol replied casually. “I’ll give you a hint.” I waited patiently for Chanyeol to speak. “He’s the person you had a crush on.”

“I had a crush on someone?” My eyes grew larger. "Really?" Chanyeol nodded. "And you still have feelings for him. That's why you kept thinking of him. The love never fades." 

"You're talking in riddles." I frowned. "Try to figure it out. I know you can."

I crossed my arms. “That’s not a hint! How come the boy I had a crush on rescued me from a tree…”       

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter