Umma's song

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Omoooo, look at you!!”

Donghae practically yelled as he ran into the hospital room. Ryden squealed and opened his arms, excitedly bouncing when he saw all his SuJu appas bursting through the door. Donghae ran up to him and grabbed him from the bed, carrying him up to their air as they spun around, giggling.

“Hae appa!!” Ryden laughed.

“Omo, I miss you so much, Ryden ah!” Donghae cooed. “I’m so thankful you’re okay now. Ahh Ryden ah I’ve missed you so much!”

“Mwsii you too, Hae Appa.” Ryden smiled as he gave Donghae a loud smacking kiss on his lips.

“Ryden ah, come here baby!” Sungmin stole Ryden from Donghae’s arms and planted wet kisses on the little boy’s cheeks. “Minnie appa has been so lonely without you!! Oh, I’m just so glad you’re okay.”

One by one the members each took their turn with Ryden, spinning him around, corrupting the little kid with hugs and kisses. Ryeowook could feel Ryden’s happiness as if it was like his own. That was when he realized… It didn’t matter that Ryden wasn’t his son. The little boy was always going to be his, blood related or not.

“What did the doctor say about Ryden’s health, Kyu?” Kangin asked with Ryden in his arms.

“He still has anaemia but it wasn’t as bad as before. Hopefully with enough red blood cells, his body will be strong enough to fight off those unwanted white blood cells.” Kyuhyun explained. “He’ll still need blood transfusion every six months but the doctor said that I can be his donor.”

Kangin nodded and pinched Ryden’s cheeks. “Wow, look at that buddy, you’ve got Kyu Appa’s blood in your body now.”

Heechul frowned. “Oh god, having one Kyu is bad enough and now Ryden’s going to grow up to be just like Kyu.”

_________________________________________

“Thank you, Kyu.”

Ryeowook whispered, tracing Kyuhyun’s chest with his fingers. They were both sprawled on on Kyuhyun’s bed, cuddled up together closely. Donghae and Eunhyuk had volunteered to sleep with Ryden at the hospital so Ryeowook and Kyuhyun went home. Ryeowook kissed Kyuhyun’s bare pale white chest, feeling his slow and steady heartbeat. Kyuhyun lips pursed into a smile as he Ryeowook’s hair.

“Thank you for…?”

“You saved Ryden.” Ryeowook whispered. “You acted more like a father than I did.”

“If you could, you would have already done it, Wookie.”

 “Still… You were there for Ryden when I walked away.” Ryeowook sighed. “I hurt him.”

“But he forgave you didn’t he?” Kyuhyun rested his chin on Ryeowook’s hair. “Wookie, everyone deserves a second chance.”

“What about… Kiara?”

Kyuhyun kissed Ryeowook’s hair. “That’s up to you, baby. But whatever you do, I know you’ll do the right thing. You always do.”

Ryeowook shook his head, disagreeing. “You’ve helped me realize a lot of things, Kyu. You’re not only Ryden’s hero but mine as well.”

“Eh? What did I do?”

“When Kiara said that Ryden needed a blood doner and you volunteered straight away without hesitating… I saw the look of your face. You didn’t hesistate, you didn’t even think twice… Ryden wasn’t even related to you yet you were the first to volunteer. That was when I realized it didn’t matter that Ryden wasn’t my real son.  I’d still love Ryden otherwise.” Ryeowook pecked Kyuhyun’s lips as he rested his forehead against his. “Thank you, Kyuhyun. For everything.”

______________________________________________

“Appa, swing me a song.”

Ryden begged as he tugged on Eunhyuk’s shirt. Eunhyuk laughed as Ryden pouted cutely at him. Looking at the kid, Eunhyuk was thankful he was starting to get better. He still looked pale and sick but his smile… That smile made Eunhyuk’s heart feel light and wonderful. His smile was enough to bring warmth and happiness to the whole worl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter