Your guardian angel

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where are you, Wookie?”

Kyuhyun whispered cursing as he got rejected again. It had been three days since Ryeowook had gone back to Korea and they heard nothing from him since then. He rejected all the phone calls from everyone even Kyuhyun. Everyone was starting to get worried for their eternal magnae and Ryden. Had something bad happened? Did Ryeowook made it safely back? Why was Ryeowook rejecting all of their calls?

“Still no answer?” Sungmin asked worriedly.

Kyuhyun shook his head. “Aish, I’m really worried, hyung. Why is he avoiding us like this?”

Donghae rubbed Kyuhyun’s back. “We’re going back tonight, Kyu. Don’t worry. We’ll find him.”

______________________________________________________

“Ryden is having anemia caused by unusual problems by his stem cells in his body. There are many types of anemia and this anemia tends to be more persistent and difficult to treat. The treatments for hereditary anemias, such as thalassemia or sickle cell disease, vary widely and depend on the specific condition and the severity of symptoms. Some anemias will not require any treatment, while others may require repeated transfusions and other aggressive measures as people with this disorder generally require bone marrow transplantation. In Ryden’s case, his red blood cell had an increased number of destruction and we need a family member who is willing to continue doing repeated blood transfusions for him. If Ryden still does not recover, like I said, aggressive measures would have to done like very severe operation which cannot guarantee that Ryden can make it a hundred percent.”

Kiara gasped and Ryeowook pulled her in for a tight hug. Why was this happening to Ryden of all people? Ryeowook closed his eyes as he felt Kiara’s body vibrate through her sobs. Ryeowook wanted to cry too but his emotions were too frozen, his heart was too shocked. The doctor’s words went around his heard and kicked straight into his gut. Ryeowook had to decide what to do. He would never let his baby suffer and he wanted Ryden to recover as fast as possible but… What if that meant letting Ryden go through a risky operation? Could Ryeowook do that? Ryeowook’s hands traced Ryden’s cold sleeping pale lips. Ryden was sleeping peacefully but those wires around him, his pale skin, those dark circles under his pale, Ryeowook couldn’t stand watching how lifeless his baby boy looked like.

“We’ll do whatever it takes, doctor.” Ryeowook nodded firmly.”Whatever it will take us to save Ryden.”

The doctor nodded and gave them a file. “We’ll start with the blood transfusion first seeing as Ryden does need blood at this stage. Here is a bunch of requirements of the family member chosen, if there is none willing to suitable for Ryden, there’s no choice but to wait for a donor. Waiting for a donor can take up to a week to a month so it’s better if there is someone who is willing to donate blood. Please return this back to me as soon as you’ve found a suitable blood donor for Ryden and we can immediately do the checks-up.”

Ryeowook nodded and bowed to the doctor, thanking him before he left Ryden’s room.Kiara sobbed as Ryeowook let go of her. Ryeowook gently Kiara’s hair and Kiara sat at the edge of Ryden’s bed, staring blankly at Ryden.

“It’s going to be, okay, K.” Ryeowook smiled. “We’ll get through this. I’ll do whatever it takes. Ryden’s going to recover and we’ll see his smile in no time.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter