Of course, I will

One Fine Spring Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyuhyun and the members had the shock of their life when they entered their apartment. Furnitures were thrashed everywhere, everything was thrown on the floor, their whole apartment was upside down and in the middle of all the mess was a small Ryeowook hugging his knees to his chest, sobbing to himself. Kyuhyun was the first to react as he ran forward and pulled the petite boy onto his lap. Ryeowook hung onto Kyuhyun’s neck, crying on Kyuhyun’s chest wetting his shirt almost immediately.

“Shhh, Wookie baby.” Kyuhyun whispered. “Is everything okay? What happened?”

All the members exchanged glances not knowing what to do as they sat around Kyuhyun and Ryeowook, all of them offering strong words and squeezing Ryeowook’s shoulder as he cried onto Kyuhyun. No one knew what was happening and the worst that they could think of was that… Ryden had died… No, it couldn’t be.

“Wookie, is Ryden okay?” Donghae asked, unable to handle the suspense.

“I can’t save him, hyung.” Ryeowook shook his head, whispering. “I’m not his biological father.”

_________________________________________________________________

Please take care of Ryden for me. Ryeowook wiped his eyes as he stared down Ryden’s pale and fragile body. All this time… Ryeowook felt a connection to Ryden. He loved the boy so much that he was willing to put his like at stake just for Ryden.  He was so proud being able to call himself a father and being able to cal Ryden son. But look at how everything turned out.. Ryden wasn’t his son. Ryden was nowhere near related to him and it hurt him thinking how he had been fooled all this time. All those years he had blamed himself for being a terrible father and here he was finding out that Kiara had lied to him. Ryeowook gripped the sheets, feeling the tears wanting to escape his eyes again.

“Appa?” Ryden croaked as he blinked open his eyes.

Ryeowook couldn’t respond. How could he when his heart ached at that name. Ryden tried seating up but the wires around his body stopped him. Ryden let out a painful groan as he reached out his arm wanting Ryeowook to hold him. Ryeowook stared emptily at the baby boy, too painful and heartbroken to move.

“Appa, it hwurts.” Ryden whispered. “Pwease stop it.”

I’m not your appa, Ryden. I can’t save you. I’m sorry. Ryeowook didn’t take a step forward. He just watched as Ryden held out his hands, waiting for Ryeowook to hold him. He couldn’t do it. Ryeowook didn’t want to hold Ryden again, scared that if he did, he wouldn’t leave. Ryden wasn’t his and it only hurt his heart whenever he looked at Ryden… It reminded him of all those painful years, it reminded him of how stupid and foolish he had been thinking that Ryden was his, it reminded him of how the baby he had fell in love with wasn’t his. When Ryden realized that Ryeowook wasn’t going to hug him, his face fell and disappointment crossed his face. It was the first time Ryeowook ever saw Ryden looking so… Heartbroken. You’re not the only one, baby boy but I’m afraid this is goodbye.

________________________________________________________________________________

“Have you found out which hospital Ryden is at?”

Donghae asked Kyuhyun quietly in the living room. Kyuhyun shook his head and gave his hyung an apologetic look. It had been two days since they found Ryeowook in the living room in a mess. Two days since the eternal magnae had locked himself in the apartment and cried his eyes out. The members were all clueless about how was Ryden’s condition and all of them were dying to find out what was happening to Ryden. But Ryeowook had no intention o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter