Chapter 8

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

        

After Min Ah got dressed, the two best friends set off for school. As they walked towards the Middle School Division Building, Min Ah was amazed to see so many Sakura Trees blooming and swaying with the gentle breeze. The lovely petals danced with the dance with her long flowing hair as it passed by her, leaving a sweet scent up her nose. She felt at peace around the Sakura Trees, even though her face remained the same.

"Jiyoon, you're my best friend, right?" she asked the inventor who was busy munching some potato chips. "Um… You're eating that so early in the morning?"

"Yes," Jiyoon replied right away. "Got a problem with that?"

Min Ah shook her head. "No, not at all…"

"So, what were you saying a while ago?" Jiyoon gobbled some more chips, as they continued to walk down the path.

"Bang—that's my name, right?" Min Ah gazed up at the trees, admiring the pink flowers.

"That's your surname. It's a nice name if you ask me."

"And who gave me the name, Min Ah?"

Jiyoon stopped walking and found herself in deep thought. Now that she mentions it… Min Ah never told me who gave me her name. As far as I can remember, Min Ah has always been an orphan. The only person who was always around her before we met was her grandfather. She put another chip into and turned to Min Ah. "I have no idea."

"I see…" The brunette sounded disappointed.

They continued to walk until they reached the middle building where three high school students stood by the entrance. Jiyoon immediately recognized them. They were their upperclassmen or seniors.

"Those uniforms are a bit different from ours," Min Ah pointed out.

"That's because they're in the upper years. In other words, they're older than us," Jiyoon plainly said, munching on the last chip of her junk food.

One of the upperclassmen saw Min Ah and he immediately ran towards her to give her a hug. "Min Ah, I've heard what happened!" he said, his voice trembling. He cuddled the little girl tightly yet gently, as if he has not seen her in a long time. This senior had unruly blonde hair covered with a hat and Prussian-blue eyes. He had a black star mark on his left cheek and he was wearing a high school uniform.

"Um…ahh…" Min Ah was speechless at the moment. She was trying to figure out who this guy was and why was he hugging her like there was no tomorrow.

The others followed after and surrounded Min Ah with eyes of concern.

The guy hugging her gently pulled away to face her amber eyes. "Min Ah, it's me L.Joe, Lee Byung Hun. Do you remember?"

Min Ah slowly shook her head.

L.Joe's eyes softened and his expression fell to sadness. He hugged the young girl again to show how much her cared and loved her.

"I've never seen L.Joe like this before," a brown-haired high school student whispered to Jiyoon. She put her hands on her hips and sighed deeply. Her name was Choi Sooyoung and she was currently L.Joe's girlfriend. "I can't believe this. How did this happen?"

Jiyoon stayed silent because she didn't know what to explain as well.

The other high school student, with hair so soft with curls and blonde, had tears forming in her once calm eyes. She was deeply stricken about what happened to her cute little junior and friend. As she sobbed, the temperature around seemed to decrease.

Sooyoung felt the sudden chill in the air and knew it was coming from the one person. "Hey, Sica-sshi, don't use your Alice," she said, cuddling herself.

"I'm sorry I can't help it," she said, tears streaming down in heavy droplets. Jung Jessica, also known as the Ice Princess, was a student from the Dangerous Ability Club. She and Min Ah first met during the Preparation Stage for the Christmas Party. She was awfully teased by her fellow classmates and no one wanted to become friends with her, because of her Alice. But Min Ah was the first one to warm up to her and befriended her. Jessica considered Min Ah as important person to her.

The shadow manipulator was still holding onto to Min Ah. Never has he felt so worried and troubled in his whole life. Min Ah was like a little sister to him and now she couldn't even remember him. "Min Ah, you must have gone through a lot. I'm sorry if I wasn't able to help," L.Joe muttered softly.

"Me too, Min Ah-sshi," Jessica added, kneeling down to hug Min Ah as well.

Sooyoung clamped and looked away, trying to be strong. She couldn't bear seeing L.Joe or Min Ah like that.

Jiyoon remained emotionless but her insides were getting the best of her. Her eyes eventually softened, but she was strong enough to hold back the tears. She was, after all, Jeon Jiyoon, a girl who doesn't cry easily.

Min Ah was speechless to even react to what was happening. Two upperclassmen were hugging her and one of them was already crying. Judging from their feelings, Min Ah knew that they were also important people to her. But nothing seemed to come out of her head about them. She felt so miserable and guilty to make these people so sad. She wanted to know how she cherished these people. She wanted to remember again.

At that moment, two young boys arrived and witnessed the scene of tears and hugs. Jae Hyo was particularly annoyed at the fact that the shadow manipulator had his hands all over the brunette. Not only that, he was also not okay with the ice princess crying since she was unconsciously using her Alice. That explained the reason why the ground suddenly turned ice. Youngmin, on the other hand, felt like hugging Min Ah as well, but he had better control of himself.

L.Joe and Jessica finally released Min Ah and stared at the little one for a while.

"What is it?" Min Ah asked innocently.

"You don't remember us at all…" L.Joe sadly said, placing a hand over her left face. He gritted his teeth and shifted his gaze at a random Sakura tree.

"Min Ah-sshi, since you don't remember, I might as well introduce myself again." Jessica wiped the icy cold tears off her face and tried to smile. "I'm Jung Jessica…"

Sooyoung had to agree with Jessica and spoke up as well. "I'm Choi Sooyoung." She then used her Doppelganger Alice and split into two. She put on her best smile and stood beside Min Ah. "Which one of us is real? Can you tell?" she said.

Min Ah's face lightened up a bit, surprised to see Sooyoung and Sooyoung. She looked at one Sooyoung, then at the other, and then back at Sooyoung. She was confused. She didn't know which was real. "I'm sorry… I can't tell."

"It's okay! Maybe you'll get it next time, Min Ah-sshi!" Sooyoung said in a lively mood. She became one again and went beside L.Joe. She placed a soft hand on his shoulder, telling him that he should introduce himself to Min Ah.

"Oh…right…" L.Joe replied with no energy. "Min Ah-sshi…" He looked down at the brunette who eyed with that cute face and big round eyes.

Sooyoung immediately tugged his arm, urging him to do it properly. She even gave him a death glare to prove that she was serious.

"All right," he said, sighing. He knelt down before the little girl, placed both hands on her shoulders, and presented his usual smile. "Hey there! The name's Lee Byung Hun or L.Joe. Don't forget, okay? If you have problems, don't be afraid to approach me. I'm your senior after all."

Min Ah nodded her head without saying anything. After that, she was swept off from her feet by L.Joe who suddenly carried her. "Here we go! You look so adorable!" He carried her like a child.

"L.Joe-sunbaenim…" she muttered.

This annoyed the hell out of Jae Hyo. With one flicker of his finger, he burned a part of L.Joe's hair.

"What the—!" The shadow manipulator panicked, causing him to drop Min Ah. "Wah!" He patted his hair to put out the fire.

Everyone expected Min Ah to hit the cold hard ground, but she actually fell into the strong arms of Jae Hyo who seemed to anticipate her fall before even doing anything to the senior. Min Ah seemed quite surprise since her facial expression changed a bit and her eyes grew wide. His face was so close to hers that it made her heart beat faster.

With the help of Sooyoung, L.Joe put out the fire and sighed in relief. He glared back at the fire-user who only shot him back with his deadly crimson eyes. "Jae Hyo, what did you do that for?"

"None of your business," the boy retorted, putting Min Ah down. He walked passed Min Ah, approached L.Joe and stepped on his foot.

"OUCH!" L.Joe screamed, now hopping on one foot while he held his sore one. "That brat!" The shadow manipulator gritted his teeth.

"Calm down, L.Joe," Sooyoung said, patting his shoulders," you know Jae Hyo-sshi."

"Why did Jae Hyo do that?" Min Ah asked the blonde animal lover.

"Eh… Well, I wonder as well," Youngmin chuckled. He knew the real reason behind his best friend's actions but he wouldn't dare say it. If he was as rash as Jae Hyo, he would've done the same thing to L.Joe.


There was still 15 minutes left on the clock until class will start. The teachers in the faculty room were getting their things ready. Since final examinations had already ended, the teachers were relaxed and pleased that they don't have to do lessons until next month. Graduation was coming up soon and most of the teachers were excited about it. Well, not all were excited…

A teacher with wavy-blonde hair and luscious purple eyes stood by the window, staring at the Sakura Trees outside. He was the happy-go-lucky teacher of Class B, Kim Heechul. He has a weird hobby of wearing strange and feminine clothes. He has the Human Inclination Pheromone Alice and he was the moderator of the Somatic Class. His mind was baffled with wonders and questions about a certain student he loved like his own daughter. He was happy to learn that Min Ah was okay after she fainted in the Northern Woods, but his heart sank as he heard about her amnesia. Of all people, why did it have to be his little daughter? He thought silently as he continued to gaze at the lovely pink flowers.

"Hey, Heenim!" a voice shouted as a book hit Heechul's head.

Heechul's eyes were swirling and his vision was revolving.

"HEENIM!" The person approached the dizzy teacher and hit him with his fist this time. "Pull yourself together!"

"That hurts…" Heechul rubbed his sore head and looked at the person responsible for his headache now. "Seung Gi-sshi, you didn't have to be that rough."

"Your fault for daydreaming," Seung Gi-soensaengnim grunted, turning his back at the blonde. Seung Gi-soensaengnim was a close friend of Heechul and he was the moderator of the Technical Abilities Class. His Alice was Plant Manipulation. He brushed his fingers through his hair and stared down at the floor. "Bang Min Ah… Her memories were erased by an unknown person with the Memory-Erasing Alice. Do you think this person is working to the AHO? Maybe L knows something about this." He cupped his chin with his hand and turned his head back at Heechul.

"I'm not sure about that," Heechul muttered, heaving a sigh. "We don't even know if this could either be a prank or a serious threat." He walked up to his desk and pulled something from his drawer. It was a pink envelope with a cherry blossom stamp on it. The letter was addressed to Min Ah's grandfather.

"Is that one of her letters? You didn't mail that yet?"

"Min Ah-sshi handed me this before the day she lost her memories. This might hold some clues."

"Is it okay to read people's letters without their permission?"

Heechul fell into a deep silent. He lowered his head and stared at the letter in his hand. "That—" Suddenly, he lifted his chin and smiled widely, saying, "Is perfectly fine!" He was in his usual perky self again. There were even hearts floating around him.

"Eh?"Seung Gi slumped down, thinking how weird his colleague was.

To be continued…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N ~ Phew! That was kinda long for me. I got ideas flowing in and out of my head. I can't stop writing more about this. Update may take a while, but I will still update! Please review, review, and review! No flamings! 

                                          wink