Chapter 22

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

Classes were already over. Majority of the students immediately retired to their dorms seeing that it was going to rain heavily soon. The gray clouds over their heads were no joke, and they have no intention of getting wet. Though some may like playing under the rain, the others just didn't watch to catch a cold.

Patiently, Jiyoon escorted her brunette best friend to her Double Star room, despite the never-ending questions Min Ah asked. She did answer some of them and there were some questions that she found hard to answer. Even so, it was good that the old Min Ah was returning again. She may be cold and rational, as others say, but she still loved Min Ah very much.

As Min Ah went into the room, she spun around to face her poker-faced friend and smiled. "Jiyoon, thank you!" she said, bowing her head slightly.

"I'm not doing this for free," said Jiyoon, her voice as cold as ever. "Once you'll regain your memories, I'll make sure you'll pay me with a heavy amount of cash." Jiyoon was Jiyoon after all, no matter what you do.

"I don't get what you're saying…" Min Ah scratched the back of head. "It sounds like I owe you a lot."

"Just rest up for a bit," Jiyoon said, spinning on her heels. "Don't forget about dinner. I'll send someone to pick you up later." And she knew the perfect guy to do it. Of course, some blackmailing would be in order too.

"Okay!" Min Ah beamed.

When Jiyoon walked off, Min Ah closed the door and hopped onto her soft bed. She laid her head on one of her pillows and stared at the ceiling. Harabeoji, I'm sorry for running away from you. I'm sorry for making you worry. Her memories of her grandfather were crystal clear to her now. Her hometown, where she and grandfather had lived together for ten years, including her old friends back at her old school, was all there in her head. She was happy to remember them all. I wonder how they're doing right now…

She sat up on her bed and hugged one of her pillows like a teddy bear. She glanced around the room, nostalgic to all the things present. Her amber eyes caught sight of the papers, envelopes, and a couple of stationeries on her study table. Those things were still there, she thought. She buried her face into her pillow, heaving a deep sigh. She never got the chance to arrange those stuffs and she knew why. After writing another letter to her grandfather, she immediately gave the letter to her homeroom teacher, Heechul-soensaengnim.

"Heechul-soensaengnim…" She lifted her head after mumbling the blonde teacher's name. She got off the bed and walked towards the desk to look at the mess she made. "I still can't remember him."

Her memories of her homeroom teacher were still at lost. Heck, she doesn't even remember any of the teachers in school. It wasn't her concern at the moment. She remembered giving a letter to Heechul-soensaengnim before the day she lost of her memories. "I wonder if he sent it already…"

She arranged the stuff on her desk and placed them back in their proper places. Afterwards, she approached the window and stared at the beautiful Sakura trees as they danced with the cool wind. She settled her arms on the window pane, bringing her mind once again to think about what was happening around her.

"Alice Stones…" she mumbled the first thing that pop into her mind. "The Blue Alice Stone was the memories of my classmates and the Brown Alice Stone was the memories of my Harabeoji and my hometown." It was still a wonder how the latter Alice Stone winded up at her feet. It seemed that somebody purposely dropped it for her. The question was who?

Well, Minhyuk did give her the first piece of her memories, so it wasn't surprising if he would give the next piece. Her heart started thumping quickly, as she thought of the red-haired boy with topaz eyes. He remembered him telling that he wanted her, but she actually didn't know what he meant by that. Love? She was oblivious to the feeling of love and she didn't know why.

"Lee Minhyuk," she muttered his name unconsciously. She wondered if all her memories were with him. She wondered if he'll ever give it all back to her. He was a ert when she first met him. He was a guy who was not afraid to show his feelings. When he hugged her, she felt how warm and tender he was. But his mere presence frightened her so much.