Chapter 13

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

As he said, Jae Hyo never left Min Ah's side. Class was already over and they were already heading towards the elementary school dormitory. He never failed to sneak glances at the brunette whenever her eyes trailed off to some other place. He admired at the way she reacted to her surroundings, as if they were all so new to her. She was like a mere child seeing the world for the first time, he thought silently.

"Jae Hyo, where's Jiyoon?" the brunette asked, tugging Jae Hyo's uniform.

"In her lab," he replied without looking at her.

"Lab? What does she do there?"

"She's an inventor. She invents." Gosh, he hated talking or answering in a casual manner. Whenever Min Ah asked him questions, he would either tell her to shut it or just walk away. But this time was different since Min Ah had no memories. It was best to answer all her questions.

"Invents? Hmmm…" She focused her eyes on the path. "That's why she has a lot of inventions."

"Her Alice is Invention," he muttered.

"Alice? Oh yeah, I've been hearing that one a lot. The name of this school is also Alice."

When they have arrived at the dorm, Jae Hyo brought Min Ah to her Double Star room. The young girl was very pleased to see her room. She went inside and hopped onto the bed. "This room is pretty nice." She sat up and looked at Jae Hyo. "Where's your room?"

"A bit farther away." He leaned his back against the doorway.

"Oh… Can I go visit your room?" She presented a smile on her face.

"No," he simply answered.

She grimaced. "Eh? Why?"

"Because I said so," he replied, turning his back at her. "Now change your clothes. Dinner is at six. Don't be late." After saying that, he stepped out and closed the door behind him.

"Ah-Jae Hyo!" she yelled, but it was too late. The door was already closed and Jae Hyo didn't hear her shout. She pouted and lied back on the bed. She stared at the ceiling for a while and sighed. "Jae Hyo has a big attitude problem. He's so unpredictable. He can be nice and mean sometimes."

She got up from the bed and walked towards the closet. She opened the door and saw all her dresses in there. "Wow! Cute! I never knew I wore these kinds of clothes." She picked out a pink off-shouldered long-sleeved blouse and a white pleated mini-skirt. She dressed in the said clothes and looked at herself in the mirror. She twirled around, whipping her elegant brown hair back, and faced the mirror again. "I'm all set." She let out a big smile.

After putting on her shoes, she went outside the hallways. "Hmm… I wonder where I should go…" She glanced from left to right several times. She had no clue where the dining room was. "This is trouble." She started walking to her left and turned at one corner. She kept walking and walking until she reached a dead end. She tilted her head and sighed in frustration. The dormitory was like a maze to her.

"Min Ah?"

"Eh?" She quickly turned around to see who called her. To her surprise, it was the animal-lover, Jo Youngmin. "Youngmin-sshi…" She was about to say how lost she was when she noticed a little 5-year old standing beside Youngmin. She eyed the little black-haired boy in awe, thinking how cute he was.

"Min Ah, what are you doing here?" Youngmin asked.

"I'm kinda…" She poked her cheek with her finger as she nervously laughed. "Lost…"

Youngmin was a little glad to see Min Ah bearing emotions again unlike before. Still, he also felt concerned. He had just heard from Jiyoon about what happened to Min Ah in the clinic. "Min Ah, it's a good thing Jae Hyo and Jiyoon came in the nick of time to save you from that guy."

"Oh that? Yeah, I'm pretty thankful." She then eyed the little boy again. "Um… Youngmin-sshi, who is this?" She knelt down to the boy's level and smiled.

"Since you don't remember, he's Jung Yoogeun," Youngmin introduced, gently pushing the little boy forward to Min Ah.

"I know we met before," she said," but I'm sorry if I can't remember you. By the way, it's nice to meet a cute boy like you." She patted his head softly.

"Min-nuna…" Yoogeun muttered.

"Min Ah, you always call him Geunnie-sshi," Youngmin informed, and Min Ah nodded.

"Geunnie-sshi, you're so kyeopta!" she beamed with a smile.

The young boy showed no emotions. He had the same stoic expression as Jae Hyo and Jiyoon.

"Hmmm… You're like a mini-Jae Hyo," she said.

"Nuna…" Yoogeun said once more. He brushed his little fingers through her brown locks and touched her face. He leaned forward and pecked Min Ah's cheek.

Youngmin simply smiled at this. He knew how much Yoogeun cared for Min Ah. He had a hard time explaining the whole-amnesia thing to Yoogeun. Thank goodness, Yoogeun was a smart boy and he immediately understood the situation. At the time he told him, he sensed great sadness in the boy, though he didn't show it. Yoogeun was a lot like Jae Hyo.

"Geunnie-sshi…" Min Ah held her cheek where Yoogeun kissed. "This is…" She sensed a familiar scene before. In her heart, she knew it wasn't the first time Yoogeun kissed her.

The little boy pulled out a wrapper from his pocket and handed it to Min Ah. "Take it," he plainly said.

She took it out of his hands and opened it. Inside was a piece of Fluff Puff candy like the one she dreamt of earlier. "Candy?" she muttered.

"It's your favorite, nuna."

Min Ah took a bite of the candy and felt the sweet sensation of it. "It's delicious," she said cheerfully. She ate up all the candy and hugged Yoogeun. "Thanks so much! It was so good!"

"Nuna, I hope you'll remember soon," he said in a low voice, as he activated his ability—the ability of turning 10-years older. Since he was already 5-years old, he can now become a 15-year old boy and a handsome one to be exact. He carried Min Ah bridal style, much to Min Ah's surprise, and gazed at her with his deep green eyes.

Youngmin didn't expect this to happen. He knew Yoogeun was still young at heart, but seeing his 15-year old form holding Min Ah was making him a little jealous.

"So this is your Alice? It's amazing!" She wrapped her arms around Yoogeun's neck.

"Ah…" Youngmin was getting uncomfortable with the scene. "Not really… His real Alice allows him to summon spirits.

Yoogeun continued playing with Min Ah and gave her a piggy-back ride. Despite his playfulness, his facial expression remained the same.

"You know what, Youngmin-sshi," Min Ah spoke, while she hugged Yoogeun by the neck. She looked at the blonde boy, presenting him a warm smile. "I had a dream about you and about Fluff Puffs."

"Eh? Me?" Youngmin replied, his cheeks turning red.

At this time, Yoogeun turned back to a cute little boy and held onto Min Ah's hand. He pulled her hand softly, making the brunette look at his jade-green eyes. True, Yoogeun was emotionless, but he still possessed the pure innocence in his eyes.

Min Ah simply smiled at the young boy and patted his head. "Youngmin-sshi, in my dream, you bought me a box of Fluff Puffs to show me what it was. You told me that it was my favorite candy. Is it true?" She shifted her amber orbs on Youngmin's sapphire ones.

"Yes, it's true," Youngmin answered, smiling back at his first love. "You love Fluff Puffs very much." He then took hold of her free hand and he squeezed it gently. He had the urge to hold her all of the sudden, as if his shyness never existed.

The brunette looked at the entwined hands before she looked at his sapphire orbs. It amazed her how deep and sincere his blue eyes were. Her bond with him, she wondered, was probably strong. She sensed a great feeling within him, something she couldn't explain or understand. Whatever it was, her heart felt differently.

"Youngmin-sshi," she managed to utter. She tightened her grip on Youngmin's hand and smiled widely. "Thank you!"

A blush was seen on his face, but he didn't mind this. Sure, he was beginning to feel nervous but he was smiling back at the brunette, as if he was cozy. He started walking ahead, pulling her gently behind him. Of course, he saw Yoogeun following her, with his hand entwined with her other hand. He lightly laughed in mind as he noticed all three of them looked like a family.

 

To be continued…

______________________________________________________________________________

A/N ~  That's the end of chapter 13. Yoogeun is just so cute. Yoogeun gained the ability of turning 10-years older after accidentally eating the Gulliver candy, which can turn your body older or younger depending on the years placed on the wrapper. If you're wondering who the new guy was, well, I'm not going to tell. Sorry, because I have to reserve it for the next chapter. Please review and I'll update soon. No flames!