Chapter 5

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

The hours went by quickly. Before they knew it, the sky was already dark. Night time came without any warning for the two boys who sat beside the brunette all this time. The two of them did not dare to leave the room—even for dinner. They wanted to watch over Min Ah, to take care of her in any way they can.

The door creaked open as a certain inventor came in with a Robotic Butler trailing behind her. The robot was carrying three trays of food, which were obviously for Min Ah, Jae Hyo and Youngmin. Jiyoon walked up to them and looked at Min Ah. She touched Min Ah's head, rubbing it gently, as her face held no emotions. "How are you feeling?" she asked.

"I'm fine," replied Min Ah. She turned her head to look at the food the robot was carrying. Her stomach grumbled as she held it. "I'm pretty hungry."

Jiyoon smirked. "All right." She grabbed a tray of food from the butler and set it on Min Ah's lap. "Be sure to finish it."

Min Ah nodded quietly and started eating.

"You two…" Jiyoon's voice sounded bitter. She eyed on the two boys as she pointed a finger to the robot. "Those foods are for you. You're not planning on fasting, do you?"

After saying that, the boys' stomachs grumbled loudly, making the boys blush furiously. On that mark, Jiyoon pulled out her trusty camera and snapped a picture of them. It was rare to see Jae Hyo and Youngmin blush at the same time because of their stomachs. "This will sell well," Jiyoon said.

"JIYOON-SSHI!" yelled Youngmin, lunging forward towards the inventor.

But Jiyoon evaded him so easily and ran to the corner. Youngmin still pursued her, trying his best to snatch the camera away from her. He had been a victim of Jiyoon's blackmails for quite a long time. Because of this, he was forced to be a servant of Jiyoon, much to his dismay. No matter what he did, he can't seem to escape Jiyoon's clutches.

CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

Jiyoon was still at it and Youngmin was still chasing her around the room. The both of them were already causing a ruckus there. Min Ah had already stopped eating just to watch the two, as Jae Hyo lowered his head while his hand was on his temple.

"Those two seem to be having fun," Min Ah stated, catching Jae Hyo's attention. She looked up at him, impassively, and asked, "Are they always like that?" She pointed at the two who was already having a tug of war with the camera.

"Youngmin-sshi, if you don't let go this instant, you will surely pay," Jiyoon threatened, narrowing her gaze.

The blonde boy shrugged. "No way!" he uttered. "Give me the camera, Jiyoon!"

"Let go." Jiyoon said.

"No!"

"Let go."

"NO!"

Jae Hyo sweat dropped and sighed. "Well, most likely…" he answered the brunette in an awkward tone.

At long last, Youngmin finally snatched the camera away from the wicked inventor. He placed it behind his back as he smirked triumphantly. "There's no way you're going to blackmail us now, Jiyoon!" After that, his stomach growled loudly, alerting him once again that he was hungry. He rubbed his tummy and bent a little. "I better eat now."

Suddenly, Jiyoon took out her Pabo Gun and shot at Youngmin. He got hit right on the head, causing him to whip back and throw the camera into the air. As he fell to floor on his , the camera landed straight on Jiyoon's palm. "Gumawo for giving this back, Youngmin-sshi," she said.

"Eh? The camera!" Youngmin's face fell as his eyes twitched. How could he let his guard down for just one second? He should have known Jiyoon better.

"Stop wasting time and eat," Jiyoon demanded and glared at Jae Hyo as well.

Jae Hyo knew the consequences on picking a fight against the Inventor, so he quietly took his tray of food, sat down and ate.

Seeing that the raven-haired boy had no complaints, Youngmin decided to let Jiyoon off and to eat as well.

Min Ah didn't know what exactly was going on between Jiyoon and Youngmin but decided to stay quiet. She went on with her meal until she finished. "Thank you for the food," she said, handing the tray to the robotic butler.

"Are you full now?" Jiyoon asked.

"Yes, thank you," she answered straightly.

Jiyoon felt slightly strange as she observed Min Ah's eyes. She had never seen her best friend with lifeless eyes before. The Min Ah she once knew had eyes filled with cheerfulness. It was very sad for her to think of how Min Ah changed because of her lost of memories.

"Jiyoon, we're finished as well," Youngmin said, as he and Jae Hyo handed their trays to the butler. "Thanks for bringing us food."

Jiyoon looked at them for a second before extending her right hand. "That food comes with a price," she announced. "Pay me now."

Jae Hyo stared at her in disbelief as the blonde boy fell down. Well, Jiyoon bringing them food was suspicious to begin with. They should have known she would ask for payment. Money was always the primary definition for Jeon Jiyoon a.k.a. 'The Queen of Blackmails'.

"So, you're not going to pay me?" she said, sounding pissed off. "You have to pay me in some other way then."

"What are you saying, Jiyoon?" Youngmin questioned.

"If not in cash, then I guess manual labor would do," she said coldly. "Like say, be Min Ah's servants for the night…"

"Like that's—" Youngmin stopped and recalled what Jiyoon just said. "Wait a minute… You want us to watch over Min Ah?" He looked back at Min Ah, who stared at him, and quickly turned away to hide his blush.

"Not watch but be servants for the night," she repeated, crossing her arms.

"In other words, you want us to be with her for security reasons," Jae Hyo spoke out, sliding his hands into his pockets.

"What part of being servants don't you understand?" Jiyoon was sounding more eerie than before, as she narrowed her amethyst eyes at them.

"Um… Jiyoon… Please stop threatening them. I don't think I need servants. Besides, they seemed tired. They were with me the whole day, I think…" Min Ah explained, innocence flashed on her face. She looked at the two boys and bowed her head. "Thank you and I'm sorry for troubling you."

"Min Ah, you don't have to thank us." Youngmin's lips curved into a smile. "We're always happy to help you."

Jae Hyo nodded without saying anything.

Min Ah was pleased to see such good people, even though she can't remember them. Unfortunately, no matter how hard she tried, she can't seem to smile for them. The only thing she could feel in her heart was the pain of not remembering who she was. But her heart kept telling her something about them—Jiyoon, Jae Hyo, and Youngmin. She could clearly see how they valued her as a friend. She wanted to remember them.

"Hold it! When I make up my mind, I don't change it. You two will be her servants whether you like it or not." Jiyoon said, sending bad vibes towards the two best friends.

"Shut your trap," Jae Hyo retorted, turning his back from her. "Even if you didn't threaten us, we're still going to watch her."

"Jae Hyo…" Youngmin sighed, knowing how his best friend felt for the brunette. "Jae Hyo's right, Jiyoon." As he faced Jiyoon, sheets and clothes went flying to his face and some landed on Jae Hyo's head.

"My butler got those from your rooms," Jiyoon said before they asked. "Those are your change of clothes and blankets."

Youngmin and Jae Hyo removed the blankets and clothes from them and settled them on the couch. Although they wanted to be grateful for Jiyoon's help, they didn't feel like it since she also brought them their underwear. How embarrassing! Knowing Jiyoon, she must've taken pictures of them before taking them out of their rooms. It was just their luck to have blackmails coming up courtesy of the genius and freaky inventor.

"Min Ah, here's your clothes and your toothbrush." Jiyoon handed Min Ah the said items before walking up to her butler. She pushed a button on the robot to open its compartment in its chest. She took out two toothbrushes and gave them to Youngmin and Jae Hyo. "Here you go. I think that's all you need for tonight."

Jiyoon spun on her heels, walked towards the door with her butler trailing her, and turned the knob. She took one last look Min Ah and said, "You can order these two pabo around as much as you want. They're you servants, got that?"

"Umm… I don't know about servants but okay…" Min Ah replied gently.

"We're not servants," Youngmin said, and received a death glare from Jiyoon. He backed away and smiled awkwardly at her.

"It looks like everything is settled here. I better be on my way." She took one step and outside and turned around again. "If you do anything to Min Ah, I'll make sure you two will pay," she threatened in her most serious of tones. She shut the door close and walked off with her butler.

"That Jiyoon…" Youngmin hissed, sitting on the couch.

"Jiyoon seems cold, but I think she's very nice." Min Ah hopped out of the bed while carrying the things Jiyoon gave her. "I'm going to go change in the bathroom." She walked pass the boys and went inside the toilet.

Youngmin sighed deeply. "Min Ah got that part right. Jiyoon may be like that but she's actually a caring person. She may not show it most of the times." He leaned forward, placed his elbow on his lap, and rested his chin on his hand.

The raven-haired boy sat by the window and gazed into the black night sky.

"Jae Hyo, do you think Min Ah will ever remember?" Youngmin asked out of concern.

"I can't answer that." Jae Hyo shrugged. "Besides, the only possible way to get her memories back is to get the guy who erased her memories in the first place."

Youngmin grimaced and sighed. "You're right."

The boys ceased their conversation as they saw Min Ah stepping out of the bathroom. She had changed into her sleeping attire, which was a cute pink night gown that was 1-inch above knee level. Her hair flowed gracefully behind her back. The boys couldn't help but stare at her, because she looked so adorable in that outfit. Youngmin, especially, was already blushing madly.

"Is there something wrong?" Min Ah asked, noticing their expressions.

Jae Hyo just turned his head away while Youngmin shook his head vigorously.

"Is that so? Then I'm going to sleep." Min Ah hopped onto the bed and tucked herself in. "Good night, Jae Hyo, Youngmin …" she said.

"Good night, Min Ah," the blonde boy replied, "sweet dreams…"

The brunette slowly closed her eyes. It didn't take long until she was fast asleep. At that time, the boys changed into their night attire and brushed their teeth. Youngmin lied down on the couch near the door and spread the blanket around him. On the other hand, Jae Hyo was on the couch near the window and he was already covered in his own blanket. After telling each other good night, the two of them zoomed into the twilight zone where their minds were finally at peace.