Chapter 23

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

The rain finally came and it poured hard. It was a good thing that it was only rain. No strong winds were blowing, only heavy downpour of water falling and making everything wet. The Sakura trees that once give off the sweet essence and appealing color were now soaked in water. The rain made the surroundings so melancholic.

Inside a certain lab, the famous and genius inventor was working on another invention. It was an invention to further increase her profit. Others have told her to make an invention that would help Min Ah with her memories, but she simply told them no and walked away. She was still cold and emotionless, and to others, she may seem nothing but a money-hungry girl. There was no doubt that Jiyoon valued money and she loved making inventions to gain merits. Sure, she was keeping herself busy with her invention that would surely make her rich, but that was because she wanted to occupy her mind with something else than Min Ah. All in a while, she was pretending not to care in front of anyone. She pretended to be fine after learning on what happened to her best friend. It was all pretend.

She busied herself with work, so she wouldn't think of Min Ah all the time, but it was hard not to. Min Ah was her best friend after all. She cared for the brunette very much. For once, she wished she could be like Min Ah who can be honest with her feelings. She was the exact opposite of Min Ah and she knew that fact too well. She always has this mask on her face to hide away all her negative emotions, and because of the mask, her heart suffered a great deal.

Tinkering with her invention, Jiyoon tried to come up ways to make it better and to make sure it wouldn't be defective. She didn't want her invention to backfire on her when she goes out to hunt for money. Her face remained stoic, as she tried to keep her mind from thinking about Min Ah. She was going to tighten some screws on her invention when she suddenly dropped the screwdriver on the floor.

Thud!

The tool rolled under the table, away from her reach. Strangely, she didn't bother to get it. Instead, she just sat there with her raven bangs covering her amethyst orbs. Her right hand that was holding the invention started to shake. It couldn't be seen on her face, but Jiyoon was actually suffering badly inside.

All she wanted was to keep being busy. She never wanted to be distracted. She wanted to make more money and blackmail anyone she desired. But all her wants were futile and it was because of her best friend. Her mind can't seem to forget Min Ah—even for just one minute. And why? The reason was because she was too damned worried for her.

Her poker face was still hard, no matter how her hand shook or how chaotic her insides were. As stated before, she wasn't good at showing any emotions. She had her stupid mask on too tight.

"You must be Min Ah-sshi's best friend!" a girly voice boomed from behind the inventor.

The voice surely surprised Jiyoon, but she was still able to remain calm. Peering over her shoulders, she saw a girl with auburn hair and jet-black eyes. "Who are you and what are you doing here?" she questioned in a serious and deadly tone.

"Geez, you sound like that Ahn Jae Hyo brat," the girl squirmed, crossing her hands.

"That's not the answer I'm looking for," Jiyoon said, rising up from her chair. She faced the girl, revealing her amethyst eyes more, and pointed the Pabo Gun at her.

"Isn't that the Pabo Gun?" she asked. "I've heard about that before. It's a gun that automatically fires when pointed at an idiot. Too bad, though, I'm no idiot. That gun will definitely not work on me." She was so confident about this.

The girl seemed to know a lot, making Jiyoon more suspicious. "Just who the hell are you?" She narrowed her gaze.

"Dark Witch of the Anti-Hallyu Organzation…

"What?" Jiyoon was shocked to learn that the girl was an AHO member.

"I can't give you my real name, okay?" the girl said. Ham Eunjung! That's my beautiful name! Sorry, I can't reveal it to you.

"An Alias? Figures…" She still remained calm in front of the AHO member.

Eunjung raised an eyebrow. "You really sound like Jae Hyo! I can't stand it!" She stomped her foot on the ground. "I so can't believe that you're the best friend of Bang Min Ah-sshi!"

"How do you know Min Ah?"

"Why should I tell you?"

"You know, Dark Witch fits you perfectly." Jiyoon looked calm on the outside, but she was actually pissed off. "Because you look like an old hag."

That did it. If there was one thing Eunjung hated, it was being called OLD! She was just fifteen for crying out loud and she had a beauty to match any princesses out there. She was so furious at Jiyoon for insulting her. She wasn't going to let her get away with that. "Who are you calling an old hag? I'm so going to—"

The so-called Dark Witch suddenly got hit on the head by the famous Pabo Gun. "It seems you're an idiot after all," Jiyoon remarked.

"Oww! That hurt!" scowled Eunjung. She regained her composure and prepared for battle. "You are so dead, Jeon Jiyoon."

The Pabo Gun fired again, but Eunjung managed to evade it this time. Jiyoon attempted to shoot her again and again. The lab wasn't that big, but Eunjung was still able to move around to avoid everything shot at her. The witch is too fast.

"You're not so great after all, Jiyoon," Eunjung said, smirking. "I'm so disappointed."

Jiyoon put away her Pabo Gun and pulled out her Pabo Bazooka. "Maybe this will knock you out," she said, looking calm.

"Not if I can help it," Eunjung said, as she ran towards the inventor. When the Pabo Bazooka fired, Eunjung simply dodged the bullet by jumping so high. She flipped through the air so easily and landed on Jiyoon's shoulder on her hands. "This is for calling me a hag, Jiyoon!" She bent her body forward, grasping Jiyoon by the collar. As she landed her feet on the floor, she threw Jiyoon towards the table where her other pile of inventions got scattered.

Despite the pain on her back, Jiyoon tried to stand up, but Eunjung stopped her by pinning her head down on the table. She struggled against Eunjung's strength, but Eunjung was far stronger than her.

"This is too easy," Eunjung mocked, laughing like an evil witch. "I didn't even need to use my Alice on you. I never knew you were this pathetic, Jiyoon."

Even though she was in a real pinch, Jiyoon neither showed any fear or worries. Her eyes still remained calm and cold. While Eunjung laughed at her, she was thinking of a way to fight back. She had no inventions on her, which was bad, and all her useful inventions were on the other side of the room. She didn't want to lose hope.

"What should I do to you?" Eunjung pulled Jiyoon up by her hair and pinned her face on the table again, making sure it would hurt. "Should I use my Alice or not? Hmmm…"

Jiyoon wasn't going to take this torture any longer. Her free hand scanned for anything on the table, hoping it would help her out of the situation. Her hand found something and it was long and hard. She didn't know what it was, but it would surely help her.

"I know!" Eunjung giggled. She finally thought of a way to finish Jiyoon off and it would be slow and painful. But before she could carry out her torture plan, she saw a long thin pole heading towards her. With the right timing, Eunjung grabbed hold of the pole before it hit her head. "Nice try, weirdo…" She pulled the pole from Jiyoon and threw it away.

However, Jiyoon wasn't disappointed by it. She actually had a smirk plastered right on her face.

"What are you smiling about?" Eunjung said, obviously irritated.

"You're in for it now," Jiyoon said, knowing what the pole was.

"Huh? What the hell are you talking about?"

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

"What is that sound?" Eunjung glanced around the room in search for the source of the sound. Her eyes led her to the floor where she saw the long thin pole she threw a while ago. For some reason, the pole had decreased its length. It was now at the size of her foot and two red lights were flashing at both tips. "What is wrong with that thing?" As she looked back at Jiyoon for answers, she was surprised to see her wearing sunglasses already.

BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!

The sound was getting faster and faster.

Before Eunjung got the chance to speak, a bright light was emitted from the pole. She unwillingly released the inventor and shielded her eyes from the light with her own pair of arms.

Jiyoon finally had the chance. She sneaked away from the Dark Witch and grabbed her Pabo Bazooka. "Payback time," she muttered, aiming the weapon at the enemy girl. The bazooka fired its shot and hit Eunjung on the stomach. "I got you."

By this time, the blinding light vanished and the pole went back to its original length.

Eunjung dropped on her knees as she held her stomach in pain. "Darn you, Jiyoon!" she uttered, throwing one vicious look at Jiyoon.

Jiyoon wasn't the least bit scared of Eunjung. Dark Witch or whatever, she was still a flirty and idiotic girl to Jiyoon.

"This isn't over yet!" Eunjung said. She jumped out the window, completely shattering the glass, and landed on one of the wet-branches of a Sakura tree. It was still raining hard outside, but Eunjung didn't care about it. She glanced back at Jiyoon one more time and cringed at the sight of her dim poker face. I'll kill you the next time we meet. With that thought, she vanished into the woods.

Jiyoon heaved sigh of relief. She had never faced such a strong and ruthless enemy before. The Dark Witch was really serious in killing her off, but that didn't scare Jiyoon. It just made her curious since the witch was somehow connected to Min Ah's memory loss and a member of the Anti-Alice Organization. She was also curious about the witch's Alice. Considering how strong she was, Jiyoon felt that her Alice was far stronger and deadlier.

I need to tell the teachers and the others about this. I have to warn Min Ah as well.

Without a second thought, Jiyoon put on her rain coat, rode her duck scooter, and dashed off in the rain. Her destination was the Middle School Dorm. Her purpose was to warn everyone about the Dark Witch.