Chapter 28

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

Saturday morning was bright and cheery. Birds were flying and chirping around, lightening up the atmosphere. The trees were full of light and colors, as flowers spread its heavenly scent around. The students, young and old, were already up doing their usual business whenever it was Saturday. Some couples were already going out. It was yet another beautiful day in spring.

"Youngmin-sshi, what is Central Town like?" Min Ah asked cheerfully, while she held hands with a blonde boy. She was wearing a white shirt with pink sleeves, over-coated with a light pink jacket, and a white mini-skirt with pink linings around the bottom and a lacey belt. She also wore white sneakers with a star symbol on each one.

Blushing madly, Youngmin tried to avoid her eyes as much as possible. He was already feeling nervous due to the fact that they were holding hands. "Umm… Central Town has everything you want to buy. It has a lot of shops and restaurants," he explained, looking down at the ground. The guy was wearing a green shirt with blue sleeves, blue jeans, and dark blue rubber shoes.

"Is that so?" Min Ah replied, still holding her beautiful smile. She released his hand and ran in front of him. As the slightly turned her head to look at him, her hair swayed elegantly with her movement making her look like an angel to Youngmin's eyes. She was simply breathtaking.

This time, his whole head was red and he felt quite embarrassed.She's so c-cute… he thought silently. If only he could say it properly to her, he would feel relief.

"Youngmin sshi, let's eat Fluff Puffs when we get there!" she said, snapping Youngmin back to reality. She took hold of his hands and squeezed them gently.

A drop of sweat trickled down his face the moment he felt her soft hands. He looked at her, completely stunned at her eyes, as she watched him with pure innocence. Youngmin's heart pumped harder, making it harder for him to breathe or even move. He was happy yet he didn't show it. His face was completely covered in red.

"You don't look so good, Youngmin-sshi," Min Ah said with concern. She placed a hand against his temple to check his temperature. She was relieved to know that he had no fever, but she wondered why Youngmin's face was all red. There has to be something wrong, she thought.

Youngmin instantly shook his head, wiping the blush off his face. "I'm all right, Min Ah!" he chuckled, thinking It's a good thing she doesn't know. He grabbed one of her hands and walked ahead. "Come on, let's go. The bus will leave without us."

"Okay!" she beamed, following Youngmin closely, as her fingers intertwined with his.

It only took them minutes to reach the bus stop. Upon their arrival, they were so shocked to see the bus shattered in pieces by the street. There were a lot of injured people, raging from children to adult. The bus driver was the most injured one of all and he lay unconscious on the concrete road. The spectators all stared in horror and wondered what happened to the bus.

"This is terrible," Min Ah said, clamping with her hand.

Youngmin had to agree as he watched the injured victims trying to crawl up.

Some of the spectators went to help the victims. After a few minutes, a bunch of medics arrived riding in ambulances. Most of them possessed the Healing Alice and they started to heal those people with serious injuries. Three medics have placed the bus driver on a stretcher and then he was brought to the ambulance.

Min Ah wanted to help the injured as well, but the police was restricting her from doing so. She wrapped her arms around Youngmin's arm and leaned her temple against his shoulder. Softly, she muttered a prayer under a breath, wishing for those people to get well.

"Min Ah…" The animal-lover boy stared at the young brunette by his side. His cheeks were stained in red and his heart was driving him crazy. He was about to speak, to tell Min Ah to cancel their trip to Central Town, but a voice from behind called their attentions.

"This is such an unfortunate accident, don't you agree?" a voice belonging to a female spoke eerily. Min Ah raised her head, as Youngmin turned around to look at the owner of the voice.

Both of them saw a girl with wavy auburn hair and jet-black eyes. She had a smirk plastered on her face, as her eyes held nothing but vice. She had one hand on her hips and the other one was holding a midnight-blue colored stone. She swung the stone in front of her, obviously trying to show if off to the two. "Are you two dating? I thought Min Ah-sshi was Jae Hyo's girlfriend. It looks like I was wrong."

Those words shocked the two of them. They definitely haven't seen her before, and yet, she knew about Min Ah and Jae Hyo. Youngmin had a big hunch that she was more than just a pretty face. He held Min Ah's hand, pulling her behind him, as he glared at the girl intensely. "Tell me something, are you the Dark Witch?" he questioned.

"The Dark Witch?" Min Ah gasped, clutching onto Youngmin's shirt from behind. Based on what Jiyoon said, the Dark Witch was skilled in fighting and, more or less, in using her Alice, though she doesn't know of her Alice yet.

"Yup!" the auburn-haired girl said, bowing her head slightly. "I'm sure Jae Hyo and Jiyoon have told you about me already." She waved the stone in front of her eyes.

Youngmin's eyes widened. "That stone!" He stared at the midnight-blue stone carefully, so he wouldn't make a mistake about it. "That's an Alice Stone!" He pointed out.

"Could it be my memories?" Min Ah asked, peering over Youngmin's shoulder to look at the stone.

Eunjung let out a laugh. "Correct! This is Min Ah-san's Alice Stone. If you want to get it, then try to catch me!" She winked an eye at Youngmin and dashed off towards the direction of the Elementary School Building. For a girl, she could sure ran so fast and disappear from sight in a split second.

"Let's go, Min Ah!" Youngmin said, as he started hauling Min Ah away with him. He ran with all his might, careful not to trip or let Min Ah trip over something. He had still time to care for her—even though he was determined to get back her memories. Like Jiyoon and Jae Hyo, Youngmin wanted Min Ah to remember him. He just hoped that the midnight-blue Alice Stone has her memories of him inside.