Chapter 2

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

Listen to this song while reading :] 

[click on the picture]

2PM ~ HeartBeat

_____________________________________________________________________________

And the search went on. All of the students were trying hard to find the loving twin-tailed girl. Respectively, some were using their Alice in the search. To no avail, they were not able to find her. Jiyoon, Jae Hyo, and Youngmin were getting more worried than usual. Even though Heechul sought help from the teachers, they too have failed to locate her.

"Found her yet?" Heechul asked his fellow teacher, Kim Tae Hee who possessed the Clairvoyance Alice.

The brown woman gazed upon her crystal ball, trying to see where Min Ah was. But all the crystal ball was showing her were gray clouds. She sadly shook her head and faced Heechul. "With her Nullifying Alice, it's impossible to find her. Her Alice has been improving a lot."

Heechul held his temple and leaned against the wall. He was thinking of all sorts of things that might have happened to his idol's daughter. If something happens to her, Aeri-noona is not going to forgive me.

The weather wasn't looking fine. Rain started pouring heavily, disrupting the search even further. Some students have given up and went back to the classroom. Some still strived on, not caring about the rain or getting wet, just to look for Min Ah. It was becoming endless and tiring. An hour has passed and there was still no sign of her.

Jiyoon met up with Jae Hyo and Youngmin in front of the Middle School building. As she could clearly see, the two boys were panting and sweating despite the temperature. She handed them two umbrellas and said, "Keep looking for her."

"You don't have to tell us that, pabo." Jae Hyo shrugged and grabbed the umbrella. He opened it up and ran off.

"Jae Hyo…" Youngmin sighed and turned to Jiyoon. "He's really worried about her."

"He's not the only one," Jiyoon said, staring at Youngmin keenly.

"I know…" Youngmin took the umbrella from Jiyoon. "Thanks, Jiyoon-sshi…" He then rushed off into the rain as well.

Jiyoon was good at keeping her emotions. She was looking strong on the outside but she was actually afraid on the inside. She was afraid for her best friend, her most cherished one. "That pabo… She certainly knows how to make people worried."

In the Northern Woods, the Hallyu Security Group was spread out in teams as they searched every area carefully. The Academy Head had ordered them to find Min Ah no matter what, as he said that the school can't afford to lose a valuable student like her. It was so uncommon for a student to possess two Alice and a unique combination of Alice indeed. The Head felt that Min Ah was kidnapped by the Anti-Hallyu Organization. If that was the case, he wondered how they got into the Academy. Furthermore, those people with the Alice of Senses should be able to sense the presence of an intruder. It was really weird.

Jae Hyo was already in the Northern Words. He clenched the handle of his umbrella tight as he ran and ran through the muddy path of the woods. Mud was being splattered everywhere on his uniform, but he didn't care. All he wanted was to find Min Ah. He wanted to be at her side so badly. His heart was telling him that she was in trouble and she needed his protection. He hoped he could just make it in time for her.

"JAE HYO!" someone shouted his name from afar, startling him a bit. That voice, he knew it so well, it belonged to her.

Adrenaline pumping, he ran towards that voice and came across a small area with no trees. He scanned the grounds for any sign of her but he found nothing but rain and mud. However, for some reason, he felt like there was someone there. He was about to leave until a strange light appeared in the middle of the area. The light, it was blue and cold, he thought. He prepared himself for something to happen but he didn't expect a person appearing from the light. Getting a close look the person, he gasped as he saw that it was Min Ah.

Min Ah was on her knees, staring aimlessly at the ground. She was soaking wet and her flowing hair covered a part of her face. She was somewhat lifeless, even though she was breathing normally.

Jae Hyo couldn't believe his eyes. It was really her. Controlling the urge to hug her, he went closer to her and shielded her from the rain with his umbrella. "Where have you been all this time? Didn't you know that you made a lot of people worry?" His voice was cold as ever, but he was seriously happy to see her again. He just didn't know what to say at her at the moment.

The young brunette raised her head and looked up at Jae Hyo. Surprisingly, her eyes were full of tears and sorrow. Her eyes that were once filled with overwhelming happiness were now clouded with negative feelings.

"Hey, Polka-dots, what's wrong?" Jae Hyo asked a little softly this time.

"Jae Hyo!" Min Ah rose up and pushed herself upon him, causing him to drop his umbrella. She buried her face in his chest and continued sobbing.

"You're getting me wet," he said. Honestly, he could've said something comforting to her. Well, this was Ahn Jae Hyo we're talking about. He acts cool and unsympathetic in front of others and rarely shows his caring side.

"Jae Hyo," Min Ah spoke softly, as she gazed upon him with her teary eyes. "I'm glad that you're here." She smiled at him quite faintly.

Something wasn't right anymore, he thought. Min Ah's smile wasn't the usual one he sees every day. "Mind telling me what's going on with you?"

"I don't have much time left," she said, giving Jae Hyo more questions to think of than before. "Jae Hyo, please grant me one last favor."

He felt like she was going away, as in very far away. With her display of actions and words, he didn't know if he should comply with her or not. But he couldn't bear to see her sad face any longer. If it would make her happy, then he would grant her favor. "What is it?" He asked.

"Can you say my name?" she replied, clutching on his uniform tightly. "Can you say my name one more time?"

How come it sounded like a death wish for him? That request she made him feel uncomfortable. But since Min Ah asked for it, she was going to get it.

"All right," he said, wearing a smile on his face, as he held her shoulders. "After this, we're going back to the Academy right away, understand?"

Min Ah gave him a simple nod as she still held that sad smile. Tears were flowing out of her eyes endlessly.

"Min Ah…" he finally said her name, bringing relief to the young girl's heart.

"Gumawo, Jae Hyo," she said, leaning her head on his chest.

He couldn't control his urge any longer. He s his arms around her and hugged her so securely. "Min Ah…" he said it again.

She was so happy to hear her name coming from him. She would only hear it on rare occasions, since Jae Hyo always with nicknames. She was so grateful to him for granting her last favor. She looked up at him, giving him a wider smile. "Jae Hyo, gumawo, and…" she hesitated a bit. "Goodbye…" With those last words, she fell unconscious in his arms.

"Eh? What?" Jae Hyo's crimson eyes grew wide in shock. He clutched the brunette tightly, preventing her from falling towards the wet ground. He shook her viciously to wake her up, but it seemed she was knocked out cold. "Min Ah! Hey! Min Ah! BANG MIN AH!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A/N ~ That's all for now. I can't shed some light of the first two chapter you know. I'll have you know that Min Ah did not die. She just fell unconscious. You will know the reason in the next chapter. But before I update, I must have some reviews and comments. Please do review. I hate flames, so don't bother. laugh