Chapter 20

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

Jae Hyo shoved the brown Alice Stone towards Min Ah's temple, confident that it was her memories. The Alice Stone began glowing and enveloped Min Ah in a brown light. Min Ah was so surprised at this, as some of her memories were coming back to her.

At the same time, Heechul, Jiyoon, Youngmin, L.Joe, Sooyoung, and Jessica arrived at the scene. They were also in complete shocked at what was happening to Min Ah.

"Hey, Jae Hyo, what's going on here?" L.Joe uttered, getting all worried for his sweet little junior.

Jae Hyo didn't reply. He was too busy observing Min Ah who was still shrouded by the brown light caused by the Alice Stone.

The light was getting brighter and brighter every second until it blinded everyone. Everyone shielded their eyes with their arms, except for Jiyoon since she used her special sunglasses to block off the light. In the midst of the light, Min Ah stood there, dumbfounded and stiff, as her mind recalled something important to her. As the light dispersed, she dropped to her knees and breathed hard.

"Min Ah…" Jiyoon muttered, taking her sunglasses off. She motioned herself over to her best friend, checking if she was all right.

The brunette remained silent as she lowered her head. Her soft hair flowed down from her shoulders to her cheeks, covering most of her face. She stared blankly at the floor, making the people around her more worried.

"Min Ah-sshi, are you all right?" Jessica asked, clasping her hands together.

"Hey, say something," Sooyoung added.

Youngmin knelt down to Min Ah's level. "Min Ah, you okay?" he asked, placing a hand on her shoulder.

She didn't budge or made a little sound. Her eyes were still glued on the floor as her breathing became softer.

"Something's wrong," L.Joe said, as he turned his head at the raven-haired boy. "Jae Hyo, mind explaining what just happened?"

"Some of her memories have returned," Jae Hyo answered briefly, as he slipped his hands into his pockets.

"What?" The three seniors yelled out.

"The light a while ago was caused by an Alice Stone, correct?" Jiyoon said. She has keen observation skills as usual.

"Tch…" He averted his eyes away, looking pissed off.

"I'll take that as a yes," Jiyoon said knowingly. She went in front of Min Ah and patted her head gently. "How long are you planning to sit here like a deranged idiot?" Her voice was cold as usual.

Slowly, Min Ah raised her head and met Jiyoon's emotionless eyes. But nothing seemed to come in mind as she saw those chilly eyes. Her mind was on something else, something she just remembered. "Harabeoji…" she muttered in a low tone.

"What did she say?" Sooyoung asked, leaning closer.

"Harabeoji, I miss him. I want to see Harabeoji!" Min Ah suddenly shouted and stood up. Tears were streaming down her amber eyes. "I want to see Harabeoji! I left home without saying anything to him!"

The mere mention of Harabeoji reminded Youngmin of the time he tried to help Min Ah escaped from the Academy. Min Ah had missed her grandfather so much and she became hysterical when she learned that Heechul-soensaengnim wasn't delivering her letters. She was worried-sick for her grandfather. Youngmin, of course, felt sorry for Min Ah, which made him decide to help her. At that time, he was starting to have feelings for her.

"Min Ah," Youngmin started, "you can't see your harabeoji. The Academy will not allow it."

"But Youngmin-sshi," Min Ah sobbed, facing him with her teary eyes. "I want to see him. Please, Harabeoji needs me!"

"Min Ah…" Youngmin found it hard to explain things to her.

"Snap out of it, pabo," Jiyoon said, bashing the poor brunette's head with her Pabo Cannon.

Min Ah grew a large bump on her head. This time, she cried waterfall tears. "Jiyoon, you're so mean! Are you always this mean to me?" she pouted.

Jiyoon got pissed with her question and her crying, though her face remained stoic. She hit her again with her invention and turned away.

"Wah…" Min Ah was all swirly eyes now as she lay half-unconsciously on the floor.

Jae Hyo couldn't care less about the little loud-mouthed girl and stayed in place. On the other hand, the seniors surrounded Min Ah to see if she was all right, and Youngmin knelt down beside her, trying to help her. The blonde knew how painful Jiyoon's invention can be.

"I have to tell this to Heechul-soensaengnim," Jiyoon announced, taking one quick glance at Min Ah before walking away. She walked in her own smooth pace. When she turned at a corner, she stopped and looked down at her feet. Her eyes remained emotionless, but her heart seemed to be in pain. Truth to be known, Jiyoon wanted Min Ah to remember her. That was the reason why she felt pissed when Min Ah started calling for her grandfather. Jiyoon doesn't mean to be selfish or anything. She was a bit glad that Min Ah remembered her grandfather but only a bit.

She straightened her head and continued her journey towards the teacher's lounge.