Chapter 4

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

In the hallways of the high school building, Jeon Jihwan, a teacher in the academy with the Alice of Healing, walked silently as every student passing by take notice of him. Who wouldn't notice him? He was once a brilliant Special Star student with looks that can kill. He had already graduated from the Academy and became a teacher. He may have a cold personality, but he was actually a caring person. His dream was actually to become a doctor in the future.

He was heading towards the teacher's lounge to meet up with his good friend, Yong Jun Hyung, the previous student council president who possessed three Alice. He also became a teacher upon graduating. Upon reaching the door, he encountered an unsuspecting person.

"What brings you here?" he asked in his usual cold voice.

"I want you to answers some questions," Jiyoon replied in a flat tone.

"This is about Bang Min Ah, am I right?"

"It's a very serious case. Min Ah has lost her memories."

Jihwan's eyes widened. "What did you say? Her memories?" He cupped his chin with his hand. "How can that be? There wasn't anything wrong with her."

"Physically, yes, but mentally—it's a different story."

"Now that you mention it, my co-worker did say something strange when we were checking on her."

"And what is that?"

"He said that someone used an Alice on her," Jihwan said, putting a lot of thought into the situation. He was one of the people who vowed to protect Min Ah. In the past, he was very fond of Min Ah's mother, Lee Aeri, and he looked up to her. "This Alice must be a Memory-Erasing Alice."

"Memory-Erasing Alice?" Jiyoon muttered, realizing that her best friend was in serious trouble than she thought.

Meanwhile, the other students were all gathered in the classroom with some of the teachers, which included Heechul, Seung Gi, Yong Joon, Tae Hee, and Leeteuk. After hearing the news about Min Ah, all of them got upset and worried. Even the demonic proctor, Yong Joon-soensaengnim, got worried for the young brunette as well.

"This could be the work of a Memory-Erasing Alice," Yong Joon said after the explaining he gave about such kind of Alice.

"This is really bad. I feel sorry for Min Ah-sshi," Heechul-soensaengnim muttered, pulling a sad face.

"Min Ah-sshi can't remember us at all, soensaengnim," Woohyun spoke, clasping his hands together. "What can we do?"

The other students were beginning to panic. Some started to whisper, some stayed quiet namely Woohyun, Jihyun, and Hyuna, while others were starting to argue. It was getting chaotic in the classroom.

Yong Joon-soensaengnim sent out a few bolts of lightning from his stick into the air to alert the students to be quiet. He hated noises, especially noises made by students. "Calm down and be quiet!"

Despite Yong Joon's instructions, Taeyeon stepped out to ask, "Soensaengnim, isn't there a student here with a Memory-Erasing Alice?" But she asked Heechul-soensaengnim instead.

Heechul shook his head. "There's no student with that kind of Alice. The Memory-Erasing Alice is actually rare. It's as rare as Min Ah-sshi's Nullifying Alice."

"This was done by an Alice. There should be an Alice that can fix this, right?" Taeyeon insisted, looking so concerned. She did consider Min Ah as a friend—even though they were rivals.

"I'm sorry. The only one who can bring back Min Ah-sshi's memories is the same person who erased them," Heechul sadly said.

Silence enveloped the room as everyone fell into deep sadness. The feeling of not being able to anything clouded their hearts and minds. Everyone there cared for Min Ah and they want Min Ah to be back to normal.

Jae Hyo and Youngmin were shocked to hear Jiyoon's explanation about Min Ah's condition. They were standing beside Min Ah's bed where the brunette had fallen asleep. They couldn't even give a response to what she said. This wasn't just a normal case of amnesia. This was a case regarding about an Alice. Min Ah will not be able to recover unless the person who erased her memories restores them to her.

"I wonder who would do such a thing," Youngmin mumbled, clenching his fists.

"Min Ah has the Nullifying Alice," Jiyoon said, brushing some of hair away from the sleeping Min Ah's face. "But her Alice didn't work against this mind-erasing person."

"It means that the person has a high-level Alice," Jae Hyo added, feeling aggravated but he kept his emotions well-hidden.

"Here's another question." Jiyoon faced the boys seriously. "Why Min Ah?"

"This might be the work of the Anti-Hallyu Organization."

"That organization again?" said Youngmin, his face showing fear and anxiety, as he remembered his encounters with them two years ago.

"The AHO is interested in Min Ah because of her two special Alice," Jae Hyo explained calmly. It was getting hard for him to stay placid and emotionless, but he had to stay and look strong in front of Youngmin and Jiyoon. Also, it wasn't his style to panic.

"If that's really the case, then Min Ah is in real danger." Jiyoon glanced over her shoulder to look at brunette who was still sleeping soundly like an angel.

"But if they wanted Min Ah, why did they have to erase her memories?" Youngmin asked, his face clouded with sadness and worries.

Jae Hyo shrugged as he leaned on the wall. "It's probably because it's much easier to manipulate her this way."

"The old Min Ah would surely resist the AHO." Jiyoon pulled out a chair and sat down near the bed. "This must be the only possible option they could think of. How cowardly…" She clenched her fists as she stared at them.

Before the sun had set, the news about Min Ah's memory lost has spread out in the entire school, leaving no student or teacher unannounced. Those students who were very close to Min Ah became very depressed and they wanted to help her somehow. But the teachers advised them not to do anything drastic until further investigation.

To be continued…

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N ~  Min Ah has lost her memories. She can't remember a single thing, which is sad for her friends. You guys are probably wondering how she lost her memories, huh? I'm not going to reveal it yet. Sorry… Please review, okay? I don't accept flames. I'll update real soon.

                                                        wink