Chapter 21

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

At class, many students were chattering about the graduation day. There were only a few more days left and a lot of them were so excited. Heechul's graduating students were no exception. They were going to move up to High School where new trials were waiting for them. But the best part of it was because there would be no Yong Joon-soensaengnim! They were happy to say goodbye to the very strict Yong Joon-soensaengnim.

"Who's Yong Joon-soensaengnim?" Min Ah asked her raven-haired seatmate who had his face covered with his manga. "Jae Hyo, tell me." She removed the manga off his face and then she was greeted by a pair of glaring red eyes.

"You're so annoying, you know that," Jae Hyo grunted, snatching the manga away from her.

"I'm just asking a question, Jae Hyo," Min Ah retorted, puffing her cheeks. "Can't you at least answer me?"

Youngmin could see that they were going to argue again, so he decided to answer Min Ah instead. "He's the head teacher of the Middle School Division and he teaches Math. He's very strict and he doesn't tolerate unruly behavior." He explained clearly as he patted his cute rabbit friend.

"Is that so?"

"You got into a lot of trouble with him before," Youngmin said with a giggle.

But Min Ah sighed deeply. "I wish I could remember…"

"Don't worry, Min Ah," Youngmin said, presenting a gentle smile on his face. "I'm sure you'll remember everything. In the meantime, don't force yourself, okay?"

Min Ah smiled back at him and nodded her head. "Okay! Thanks, Youngmin-sshi!"

Seeing her cheerful smile made Youngmin blush a little. In any case, he was glad that the love of his life, Min Ah, was able to show her emotions again. Her smile—he vowed to protect it no matter what. He knew her smile meant a lot to everyone.

Jae Hyo shrugged and stood up. "I'm leaving," he said, shutting his manga close.

"Where are you going, Jae Hyo?" Youngmin asked.

"The usual place," Jae Hyo answered, averting his eyes away from his best friend.

Youngmin stood and made way for him. "I guess I'll see you later," he said.

The fire-user gave no reply as he walked pass Youngmin. He left the room silently and shut the door behind him. He didn't want to admit it but he was actually jealous seeing Youngmin and Min Ah talking so comfortably. He went outside and took notice of the gray clouds looming above him. It was going to rain soon. He disliked the rain for so many reasons and one of the reasons was because it reminded him of the scene back in the Northern Woods where he found Min Ah in a distressed state. The tears he saw on her face back then struck his heart with pain. If only he was there to protect her, then Min Ah would have been all right. He felt like a failure.

He gazed up at the sky, wishing it wouldn't rain. He started walking again. He didn't care if the rain would catch him. His mind was too busy thinking about Min Ah. Min Ah, the girl who had a great impact in his life, was the light of his world.

As he approached the dormitory, he spotted a girl with long wavy auburn hair and jet black eyes. By her outfit, Jae Hyo knew she wasn't a student of the Academy. He narrowed his gaze at her, feeling suspicious of her presence there.

The girl tucked some of her hair behind her ear as she presented a casual smile at the young fire-user. "You're the famous Black Cat, right?" she asked in a sweet voice.

Calling him by his Alias made him more suspicious. "Who are you?" he questioned.

"Me?" She pointed at herself with her right index finger, revealing a control device in a shape of a silver ring. "Are you interested in me?"

Jae Hyo raised an eyebrow, thinking absurdly of the girl. "Not in a million years," he answered coldly.

Somehow, she felt the urge to shoot him right on the spot. It was a good thing she had this so-called patience. "Well, I'm not interested in brats who are older than me," she cooed, flipping her hair.

"Tell me who you are if you don't want me to burn you," he threatened, his crimson eyes growing more vicious.

"What a rude guy!" The girl uttered, crossing her arms. "Your attitude reeks like hell. There's no way I'll ever tell you my name!"

"Then go to hell!" Jae Hyo formed a fireball and threw it at the girl.

She had anticipated this and easily dodged the flame by jumping sideways. She regained her composure and winked a playful eye at Jae Hyo. "You should try attacking a little faster, Black Cat," she said slyly.

All right, she was officially annoying Jae Hyo with her flirty actions. He swore he was going to burn her to death. He tried attacking with his flames again, but she dodged them so easily. Since fire balls weren't working, he decided to try a different form of attack. He fired two fire balls at her and when she jumped backwards, he immediately summoned a fire wall behind her.

"What the hell?" She was able to stop her movements before she hit the flames. "That was too close for comfort." As she turned her head, she saw two more fire balls coming right at her. Panicking, she rolled to her left and stood up right away.

"I'm not going to ask again," Jae Hyo said seriously. "Who are you?"

"Fine then," the girl wailed, brushing her fingers through her auburn locks. "I can't tell you my real name, but the organization calls me Dark Witch."

"Dark Witch? An Alias?"

"Yup, just likes yours, little brat."

"The organization… Is it the AHO?"

"You got that right!" she uttered merrily. She checked her cherry blossom-shaped watch and gasped at the time. "Oh no, I'm going to be late! I've gotta go!" She spun on her heels and started running.

"Hey, I'm not finish with you yet!" Jae Hyo boomed, forming a fire ball in his palm.

"Sorry, but my leader will get mad at me if I'm late!" She waved her hand at Jae Hyo, as she continued running. "Let's finish our fight some other time!"

"Hey!" He attempted to follow her when a strong gust of wind blew towards him, sending him flying over the tree trunk. He hit his back pretty hard on the trunk. "Damn… What just happened?" he grumbled under his breath, rubbing his sore back. He got back to his feet, but the girl with auburn hair was already gone. It was unfortunate for him that he wasn't able to get any major details about her. Not only that, he wondered about the strong wind that blew him a while ago. One thing he was sure of, the auburn-haired girl was connected to Min Ah's memory disappearance and to the AHO.