Chapter 26

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

A group of people were gathered in the room of a Special Star student who happened to have a Fire Alice. Yes, it was Ahn Jae Hyo's room. He didn't like the idea of using his room to hold a meeting, but since it was about Min Ah, he just gave in with a grunt. He was currently laying on his king sized bed reading one of his shounen mangas. The other people in his room were Youngmin, Heechul-soensaengnim, and L.Joe. All of them were quiet, too quiet for their own good. Jae Hyo knew that they were deep in thought.

The door opened up and in went two middle-school girls who were none other than Min Ah and Jiyoon.

"You're finally here." Heechul-soensaengnim was the first one to speak after the dreaded silence.

"What are we doing here anyway, Jiyoon?" Min Ah asked, hoping to get an answer this time.

"We have something important to discuss," the blackmailer replied in a cold tone. She took of her rain coat and hanged it on the rack.

"What's this all about?" Youngmin said, rising from the chair. "I was eating my dinner when you suddenly showed up and pulled me away, Jiyoon." He was obviously pissed but only a little.

Jiyoon glared at Youngmin, startling him a bit, before she started explaining. "I was attacked by a girl who calls herself the Dark Witch."

Jae Hyo's crimson eyes grew wide as he heard that name. Nonchalantly, he put his manga down and sat up on the bed. "Hey, does she have black eyes?" he questioned with a bored face.

"Yes, why? Did she attack you too? She did mention your name before."

"I fought with her."

"You fought with whom?" Youngmin said, growing worried. "Jae Hyo, did you get hurt?"

"Youngmin, I'm fine."

"Well, I'm not," Jiyoon said, her face darkening with frustration. "That idiot gave me a hard time."

"What did she do to you?" Min Ah asked, throwing a concerned face at her best friend. Like Youngmin, she wanted to know if Jiyoon got hurt or anything.

Jiyoon was pleased to see how concerned Min Ah was, but her face remained stoic as ever. "She did manage to pull a fast one on me." She unleashed her Pabo Bazooka and the thin metal pole for everyone to see. "But I used these inventions against her."

"Wow!" Min Ah's eyes sparkled at the sight of the inventions. "Jiyoon, you're great!" she beamed, as she threw herself at the inventor.

"Do you want me to use the Pabo Bazooka on you?" Jiyoon threatened with a distrustful twinkle in her eyes.

Instantly, Min Ah pulled away and chuckled. "Uh—I'll pass…"

"Jiyoon-sshi is still scary as usual," Heechul-soensaengnim whispered to himself.

Going back to business, Jiyoon turned to the Special Star student. "When you fought with her, did she use her Alice on you?" she questioned.

"I kept attacking her, but all she does is evading," Jae Hyo grumbled, as he thought of the auburn-haired girl who totally pissed him off.

"So, you have no idea what her Alice is…" The inventor crossed her arms and heaved a sigh. "Unfortunately, she didn't show her Alice to me either. For a girl, she surely can fight without the help of her Alice."

"This Dark Witch sounds really skilled," L.Joe said.

All of the sudden, Jiyoon and Jae Hyo gave the shadow manipulator a deadly glare, sending chills down his spine. Both of them were obviously furious about the Dark Witch since they have encountered her. L.Joe couldn't help but give a small laugh to ease his nervousness.

"Oh, before I forget," Jiyoon said, averting her eyes away from L.Joe. "The Dark Witch is a member of the Anti-Alice Organization."

"WHAT?" Everyone in the room shouted, except for Jiyoon and of course, Jae Hyo, since Dark Witch already told him.

"So, they are behind this after all." Whenever the AHO was involved, Heechul always thought of his junior, L, and his senior, Lee Aeri. Believe it or not, those two were special to him, but they left the Academy and joined the AAO. Of course, he was shocked about this, but he eventually accepted the fact.

L.Joe fiddled with his hat a bit as he felt uneasy. "Do you think the Dark Witch is the one with the Memory-erasing Alice? Based on Jiyoon's and Jae Hyo's experience, this girl did not use any Alice to fight. It could only mean that her Alice is not an offensive-type."

"If that's true, then that girl must probably have the rest of Min Ah's Alice Stones," Heechul said.

"Do you think she has companions with her?"

"Knowing the AHO, she probably has some backup with her. Lee Minhyuk, perhaps?"

"There's another member besides them…" Min Ah spoke up.

"How do you know?" Youngmin asked her.

"A member of the organization actually visited me in my room a while ago," she started explaining only to get shocked face from everyone.

"One of them actually went to your room?" Youngmin approached the brunette, carrying his bunny rabbit with him. "Why didn't you tell us right away?"

"I'm sorry…" Min Ah sighed, lowering her head, as she thought about the brown girl with emerald-blue eyes. "It's just that…"

"What?"

She had a heavy feeling in her heart—one she couldn't explain. She tried convincing herself not to trust the words of an AAO member, but Hyo Rin's solemn face seemed to haunt her mind. She was totally confused. Despite this, she explained everything to everyone in the room. She told them how Hyo Rin entered her room and introduced herself. She described how Hyo Rin looked and what kind of Alice she had. She also didn't leave the part about Hyo Rin's words to her. After everything was said, she sighed deeply and waited for someone to talk.

Unexpectedly, the raven-haired boy was the first one to speak. "Don't trust her." He shrugged. "She's up to no good."

"But Jae Hyo…" Min Ah's eyes grew soft. "She doesn't seem to be a bad person."

"Tch. You're too soft," he replied.

On the other hand, Heechul was in his own world thinking about what Min Ah said earlier. You're her daughter… Those words kept repeating in his mind like some broken recorder. He knew very well what those words meant, what Hyo Rin was trying to say. So Hyo Rin actually knows Aeri-sunbaenim…