Chapter 18

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

The door of the classroom flew wide open, revealing a familiar blonde teacher with amethyst eyes. He twirled around until he reached his table. He faced his students with a smile as he set his notebook on the table. "Good morning, my lovely students!" he beamed.

The students gave him a brief glance and went back to look at Min Ah. They were really happy that the young brunette was able to remember them. Jihyun and Hyuna were hugging Min Ah like there was no tomorrow. Woohyun held and shook Min Ah's hand, while Chunji spoke out Min Ah's happy thoughts about her classmates. They were all celebrating, except for a certain three.

Heechul noticed Jiyoon coming in and joining Jae Hyo and Youngmin at the back of the room. They surely feel left out, huh? He sighed. He walked towards the students and looked at Min Ah. "Min Ah-sshi…"

The brunette looked up as her name was called. "Yes, soensaengnim?"

The blonde pointed a finger at himself and said, "Do you, by any chance, remember me?" He hoped she would say yes.

"Soensaengnim…" She pulled a sad face and shook her head. "I'm sorry. I only remember my classmates."

Heechul felt a pang of pain in his heart. "Oh, I see… Well, there's no need to rush." He put on a smile, a fake one to be exact and it was enough to fool Min Ah. He didn't want Min Ah to see he was sad. In fact, he knew he should be happy for her since she recovered some of her memories. "Min Ah-sshi…" He approached the cute brunette and carried her. He positioned her in his arms like a stuffed toy and hugged her.

Of course, Min Ah, as well as the others, was surprised at this. "Soensaengnim…"

"I'll do whatever I can to bring your memories back," Heechul whispered.

Jae Hyo had the urge to kick Heechul in the shin. He can't stand seeing Min Ah getting comfy with other guys, especially with Heechul-soensaengnim and L.Joe. He gets jealous so easily and he'll do whatever means to get the guy away from Min Ah.

Before he could do anything, Youngmin held his shoulder, making him look at this best friend. "Youngmin?" he muttered, seeing Youngmin's concerned blue eyes. He saw him move his head from left to right and immediately got the message. "Tch! Whatever…"


It was lunchtime. Heechul invited some teachers and students at the teacher's lounge to talk about Min Ah's case. The teachers mainly there were Yong Joon-soensaengnim, Seung Gi-soensaengnim and Tae Hee-soensaengnim. The students that came along with Heechul were none other than Min Ah, Jiyoon, Jae Hyo, and Youngmin. L.Joe, Sooyoung and Jessica were present too. The teachers sat on one big couch across the students, while Heechul stood in front of them.

"You're saying that Min Ah has recovered her memories?" Yong Joon spoke in his ever strict tone. He took a brief glance at the brunette before turning back to Heechul. "How did this happen?"

"The same guy that attacked Min Ah-sshi in the clinic came for her again this morning," Heechul explained, cupping his chin with his hand. He looked over to the brunette with a slight concern in his face. "Min Ah-sshi, can you tell me more about this guy if you don't mind?"

Min Ah nodded. "He told me that his name was Lee Minhyuk. I don't know why but he seems to like touching me. He even hugged me this morning." Her cheeks turned slightly red, annoying the hell out of Jae Hyo.

"Don't tell me he likes you?" Heechul said, giggling. He can sense something romantic behind this.

"Eh? What do you mean?" Min Ah asked innocently.

"There must be a reason why this Minhyuk likes touching—" Heechul stopped talking when he saw the furious eyes of Jae Hyo. He sweat dropped and faked a cough. "Ahem… Well then, Min Ah-sshi, did he say something unusual to you?"

"He said he wanted me and me alone…" She shivered at the thought of Minhyuk's words. She knew he was serious when he said that.

"Ahh! Then it must be love!" Heechul beamed, causing everyone to give him death glares. "Ahah… Umm… Just kidding." The blonde teacher smiled nervously, hoping they wouldn't kill him. He was just actually trying to lighten the damped mood.

"Love? What is that, Jiyoon?" Min Ah asked her best friend.

"You'll find out soon," Jiyoon replied plainly.

Putting the topic of love aside, L.Joe asked Heechul for more information about the Alice stone Min Ah received from Minhyuk. He wanted to know why the stone has part of Min Ah's memories in it. "I've never heard such an Alice Stone before."

Heechul thought about it for a while. It was also his first time to encounter an Alice stone with someone's memories in it. The way it was played was familiar to him. Suddenly, it hit him. "It's not the work of a Memory-Erasing Alice," he said clearly. "It's a Memory-Stealing Alice."

Everyone in the room gasped at Heechul-soensaengnim's deduction.

"Now I see…" Yong Joon adjusted his glasses. "The Memory-Stealing Alice has the same process as the Alice of Stealing." He looked intensely at the brunette, knowing that she possessed such an Alice.

"Stealing?" Min Ah muttered, obviously confused by their words. When she regained her memories of her classmates, she also regained some memories of the Academy, including the part wherein Woohyun explained to her about Alice and the Star Rank. But she couldn't quite understand what they meant about the Alice of Stealing.

"Sakura, let me ask you this," Yong Joon said, his expression remained strict. "What is your Alice?"

"Umm… Let's see… It's Nullification," she replied. "I can nullify other's Alice. It's basically a defense-type of Alice."

"Min Ah-sshi, do you know about your second Alice?" Heechul-soensaengnim asked.

"I have a second Alice? I don't remember," Min Ah said.

"Yes and it's the Alice of Stealing." Heechul knew that Alice so well. The Alice of Stealing also belonged to his first love, Lee Aeri, also known as Min Ah's mother. He had come to understand Aeri's hardships before because of her Alice. He was there when she cried. He offered her his shoulder and comforted her. He knew Aeri was strong but she was still a fragile girl. Like Aeri, Min Ah was also like that. "It's an Alice that can steal other Alice and turn it into an Alice Stone."

"The same goes for the Memory-Stealing Alice," Seung Gi-soensaengnim added. "It steals people's memories and changes them into Alice Stones."

It was becoming very clear now. The only way for Min Ah to get her memories back was to attain all the necessary Alice stones. The question here was how will they get all of them?

"Jae Hyo-sshi, you fought with Minhyuk, right?" Heechul asked the silent raven-haired boy. "What is his Alice?"

Frankly, Jae Hyo really didn't want to answer the blonde teacher since he still considered him as an annoying e. However, Min Ah's memories were at stake and he'll do anything for her. "He has the ability to create bombs and control their power."

"Is he a member of the AHO?"

"Don't know and quit asking me," Jae Hyo grunted. He stood up from his seat and walked out of the room. He was in no mood to discuss about Lee Minhyuk. The mere mention of his name made his blood boil.

"Jae Hyo…" Min Ah muttered, feeling a little worried for him. She stood up and went after Jae Hyo.

"Ah! Min Ah!" Youngmin was about to go after her when Jiyoon pulled his sleeve. He looked at the inventor with a questionable look on his face. "Jiyoon?"

"Leave them," Jiyoon said flatly as she released his sleeve. "We have more important things to discuss here."

Youngmin wasn't so sure about it but he gave in. He sat down again and heaved a sigh. He couldn't help worrying about Min Ah whenever she was alone with Jae Hyo.