Chapter 15

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

Meanwhile, back at the dorm, every student jarred their eyes open at the loud sound of the explosions. Some started to panic, others stayed calm in their own beds, while some tried to figure out what happened.

In the Triple Star room of the inventor, Jiyoon walked up to her window and saw smoke coming from the Cherry Blossom path. She was suddenly struck with a feeling she couldn't understand. It was like she could feel someone's fear at the very moment. It was weird for her to feel that way.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

Someone was knocking on her door. She opened it only to reveal a panting Youngmin by her doorway. "Youngmin-sshi, what's the matter?" she asked, her expression unchanged.

"Jiyoon, Jae Hyo and Min Ah aren't in their rooms anymore," Youngmin answered, a bit panicking.

"What?"

"After hearing that explosion, I went to Jae Hyo's room to inquire about it. But when I got there, he was gone," he explained, regaining his composure back. "So, I went to Sakura's, but she was gone too."

"Do you think those explosions got something to do with them?" Jiyoon was still calm like always.

Youngmin shook his head, unsure what to say to her.

"We better go check," she said.


"Hn. Troublesome bastard," Jae Hyo grumbled silently. He briefly glanced back at Min Ah and noticed her current the smoke cleared up, he pounced on Minhyuk and pinned him to the ground.

"Get off of me, Jae Hyo!" Minhyuk demanded.

Gritting his teeth, Jae Hyo punched Minhyuk's face twice. After that, he stood up and kicked him at the side, giving Minhyuk so much pain to last. "Who are you and why are you after her?" he questioned in a cold tone. He knelt down and pulled Minhyuk by the collar. "Answer me, bastard!"

Minhyuk was wincing in pain. His cheeks were all sore and his right side felt like it was broken. He looked up at Jae Hyo and narrowed his gaze.

Jae Hyo was getting impatient with him. He gave him another blow on the face, whipping Minhyuk backwards. When he dropped to ground, Jae Hyo unleashed his fire and surrounded him. "I'll really burn you if you don't answer."

"J-Jae Hyo…?" Min Ah saw the rage fuming in Jae Hyo's eyes. His anger was scaring her and his power rendered her stiffed.

"You're gonna pay for this," said Minhyuk, lifting his hand up. He formed another bomb and a rather big one to be precise. "If you'll burn me, this bomb will eliminate us both. This is no joke, Jae Hyo."

Seriously, Jae Hyo wanted to strangle him to death, but given the circumstances, he had to give in. He was also thinking of Min Ah and he couldn't afford getting her involve in the explosion. He put out his flame and went straight to Min Ah.

Minhyuk slowly stood up and plastered a smile on his face. "I would stay away from Min Ah-sshi if I were you, Jae Hyo." His eyes were showing nothing but cruelty, as he made his bomb larger.

"Unfortunately, you're not me, so there," Jae Hyo said plainly, giving Minhyuk more reasons to hate him.

"You're such a pain."

"Like you're not?"

All right, Minhyuk was seriously annoyed. He was trying his best to stay calm, but his temper was rising. Furthermore, he was annoyed at the fact that Jae Hyo's face was still cold and emotionless after all the words he had thrown at him. Before he could make his move, he noticed something wrong with Min Ah. Being in love with her, he became concerned.

Jae Hyo noticed the change of expression his Minhyuk's face and wondered why he wasn't attacking. He peered over his shoulders and saw Min Ah in a distressed state. "Hey, what's wrong?" He knelt down beside her.

"AHHH!" she screamed in pain. Both her hands were on her head and her body was shaking tremendously. She was currently suffering from a headache, one which involved her memories.

Minhyuk gasped at the sight of her suffering. "She's regaining her memories in such a way…?" He lowered down his Alice and clenched his fists. "Stop it! Min Ah-sshi, you musn't remember or else you'll…" He stopped, as Jae Hyo shot him a glare.

"What do you mean by that?" he questioned after pulling Min Ah to a hug to calm her down.

"I have no choice…" he muttered, feeling guilt in his heart, as he saw Min Ah suffered more and more by the minute. It was an awful sight for him. He pulled something from his pocket and held it securely in his palm. "Jae Hyo, use this on her!" He threw the item towards Jae Hyo.

Jae Hyo caught the item and looked at it. "This is an Alice Stone…" The item was an a little blue Alice stone. "What should I do with this?"

"Give that to Min Ah-sshi and you'll know," Minhyuk said before making his leave.

"Hey, wait!" shouted Jae Hyo. He wanted to ask some more questions, but Minhyuk already disappeared from sight. "Tch. I don't even know what kind of Alice is in here." He held the Alice stone before his eyes, carefully examining it. He wasn't so sure whether or not to trust the stone that an enemy gave.

"Jae Hyo, it hurts so much…" Min Ah clutched onto his uniform as she let out more tears. She was still in pain. Her mind was starting to remember some things, but they were all blurry and confusing to her. Nothing seemed right in her head at the moment.

It was too much to bear, he thought. He placed the Alice stone on Min Ah's forehead, hoping it would do something. After a while, the stone started to glow on its own, unleashing a bright blue light. What's happening?

The light slowly enveloped Min Ah. Slowly, she felt less and less pain. The light acted up as a cure for her and it was healing her. After the whole process, the Alice stone seemed to have vanished and Min Ah was back to normal. She opened her eyes and looked at Jae Hyo. "W-what just happened?" she asked.

"You were in pain a minute ago," he said.

"Oh, I remember. My head felt like it wanted to explode." After saying that, she realized that she was in Jae Hyo's arms. "Jae Hyo!" Her face flushed up like a tomato, as she pushed herself away from him.

Jae Hyo let out a grunt. "I see that you're okay now." He narrowed his eyes and stood up.

"Um…yeah…" She also stood up but kept her head low. "Um… Jae Hyo, what was that stone? What did it do to me?" she asked innocently.

"No clue," he answered. "All I know is that it calmed you down somehow."

"That was strange," she said, raising her head. "By the way, thanks for saving me from that guy!" She was back to her cheerful self again with a beautiful smile on her face.

And you think Jae Hyo would be happy to see her smile? Well, that's wrong. Instead of smiling back, he smacked her right on the head with his fist but not so hard.

"Ouch! That hurts!" she wailed, giving Jae Hyo a stare. "What was that for?"

"For being a stubborn idiot!" he shouted back at her.

Min Ah was taken back at his answer. "What?"

"Didn't your so-called best friend tell you not to wander around alone?" He lowered his head, letting his bangs cover his crimson eyes. "You never do listen to people. That's why you're a complete idiot."

"Well, sorry for being an idiot!" she yelled, puffing her cheeks. She looked extremely cute with that expression, but she wasn't exactly trying to look cute. She was angry at Jae Hyo for hitting her and screaming at her.

"You better be," he growled, turning his back at her.

At this time, Jiyoon and Youngmin arrived at the scene riding a duck scooter, one of Jiyoon's inventions.

"Jae Hyo, Min Ah!" Youngmin uttered, getting off the scooter. "Are you guys all right?" He ran towards them and noticed an irritated expression of Min Ah's face.

"Yeah, just fine," Jae Hyo replied plainly.

Jiyoon got off the scooter and went to Min Ah. "Hey, did something happen? We heard explosions a while ago."

"Jiyoon, the guy from yesterday came back!" Min Ah said, flinging her arms around the inventor.

Normally, Jiyoon would be bashing Min Ah now with her Pabo Gun or some of her inventions. But since Min Ah had amnesia, she decided to let her hug her. "What did he do to you?" she asked.

"He said he wanted me. He even hugged me. I don't understand him," Min Ah answered, burying her face on Jiyoon's shoulder.

"What were those explosions, Jae Hyo?" Youngmin asked his best friend.

"His Alice gives him the ability to make bombs," Jae Hyo answered. His back was still facing them.

"That's one dangerous Alice," added Jiyoon, patting Min Ah's back. "Let me guess, you fought with him."

"Yeah, I beat the crap out of him," he replied, anger hinted in his voice. Just by picturing the guy's face was making him furious. He couldn't believe such a guy was molesting Min Ah. He will never forgive him.

"I'm glad you and Min Ah are all right," Youngmin said, sighing in relief. He glanced at Min Ah briefly, thinking that he failed to protect her again. He shrugged at the thought and put it aside. He shouldn't be thinking ill of himself right now. "Jae Hyo, where did that guy go?"

"He ran away after giving me an Alice Stone."

"An Alice Stone? What was that for?"

"Oh yeah, I almost forgot…" Min Ah raised her head and released Jiyoon from her arms. She faced the two boys with a concerned look. "I felt so much pain in my head a while ago. It was like I was remembering and forgetting at the same time. Then Jae Hyo used the Alice Stone and it kinda healed me." She explained her experience.

"What kind of Alice do you think that stone had?" questioned Youngmin.

Min Ah shook her head. "I'm not sure. But thanks to that, I was saved." Her lips curved into a frail smile.

"Are you sure you're all right?" Youngmin was asking her like he was her father or something. He couldn't help worrying about the brunette girl.

Giggling, Min Ah hugged the blonde boy and rested her chin on his shoulders. "Youngmin-sshi, don't worry, okay? I'm all right now." She didn't know why she hugged him but she felt it was necessary.

Youngmin blushed so madly that his whole face looked like a tomato. He always blushed whenever Min Ah does something sweet to him, but not as much as this. His heart pumped twice as fast and his body seemed to turn into a statue. Yet, he was happy to have Min Ah with him.

Jae Hyo caught a glimpse of Min Ah and Youngmin and simply turned away. He felt jealous. He wanted to separate the two of them but he couldn't. He couldn't do that to his best friend, even though he was his rival.