Chapter 24

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

She wished the rain would stop, so the children could go out and play. She had been staring aimlessly at the rain, sighing and thinking about her lost memories. One of her classmates had told her that she lost her memories during a rainy day such as the one she was witnessing at the moment. She asked them a lot of questions about her identity, and most of them were answered by her good friends, Hyuna, Woohyun, Jihyun, and Chunji. She was able to find out more about Jae Hyo, Youngmin, and of course, Jiyoon. Among all her classmates, those three were a blur to her. She wondered why they weren't included in the Blue Alice Stone. Jae Hyo, Youngmin, and Jiyoon were her classmates too. She was extremely bothered by this.

"Jiyoon is my best friend," she muttered, heaving a sigh once again. She placed her hand against the glass of the window and felt her hands turning cold due to the weather outside. "But I can't remember her." She lowered her head, grimacing at what she just said.

There were also the two boys, Jae Hyo and Youngmin. She can't remember them no matter what. She could see how they cared for her but she was oblivious to the boys' feeling of love for her. She prayed hard, hoping she would find the Alice Stones containing her memories of them.

Checking at the time, she saw it was nearing 6 PM. "It's almost time for dinner," she said, taking her hand off the glass. She picked out a yellow turtle-neck blouse and white mini-skirt. She put on the clothes and looked at her reflection in the mirror. She let out a small smile seeing that she looked fine. "I wonder what's for dinner today."

As she reached for the door knob, she felt a slight breeze crawling on her skin. She instantly turned around to see the window wide open. "I don't remember opening the window…" she said, feeling a bit nervous. She motioned herself over to the window and closed it right away. "So weird."

"Bang Min Ah-sshi," a voice spoke all of the sudden.

Min Ah got so startled by the voice that she let out a loud "EEEKKKK!" She spun on her heels to look at the person who spoke. She gasped at the sight of a girl wearing casual clothes. "W-Who…Who are you?" she managed to asked in a stuttering voice.

The girl raised her head, revealing her sparkling emerald-blue eyes. Her black hair reaching up to her shoulders was silky and smooth. "I'm sorry for scaring you, Min Ah-sshi," she said in a monotonous voice.

"Umm… It's all right," Min Ah replied. "But who are you and why are you here in my room? Wait, how did you get in here in the first place?" She spoke normally this time.

Obviously shocked to be bombarded with three questions right away, the brunette's eyes widened a bit. She let out a small giggle and smiled. She looked so pretty with a smile. "You were wondering how the window got opened a while ago, right?"

"You're the one who opened it?" Min Ah said, shifting her eyes on the window. "And you came in here through the window?" Her voice rose.

"Yes."

"How is that possible?" Min Ah turned to the girl once more. "I mean, my room is on the second floor."

"Oh that…" The blonde scratched the back of her head and chuckled. "It's all because of my Alice."

"Your Alice?"

The blonde nodded. "I have the Alice of Wind. I can manipulate the elemental wind according to my will. I also use the wind to fly." She explained her Alice in clear words.

"Oh, I get it!" Min Ah approached the blonde until she was only a few inches away from her. "So, what's your name?"

"Hyo Rin," the wind manipulator said, "Min Hyo Rin ."

"It's a nice name!" Min Ah beamed with a smile.

"Your name is nice too, Min Ah-sshi," Hyo Rin replied with a smile as well.

Min Ah was surprised as Hyo Rin called her by her name. She thought if she knew Hyo Rin before she lost her memories. "Umm… Hyo Rin-sshi, are you my friend here in the Academy? Are you also a student?"

"I'm not your friend and I'm definitely not a student here." Hyo Rin's voice sounded serious this time.

"Then why are you here?" Min Ah had a bad feeling about the blonde. If Hyo Rin was not her friend or classmate, then who was Hyo Rin to her? She was afraid to think of her as an enemy, since Hyo Rin seemed to be a nice girl, at least she felt like she was nice.

"Min Ah-sshi, I'm a member of the Anti-Hallyu Organization," Hyo Rin said, narrowing her eyes.

"Anti-Hallyu?" the brunette gasped, as she backed away. She knew what the Anti-Hallyu Organization was. She knew it because she remembered encountering some of its members before. There was this time where she and Kim Taeyeon chased after Kim Myungsoo / L, a popular singer who was once a Special Star student of the Academy. She also remembered the time she encountered a strange woman who stole Nam Woohyun's Alice before. With all that in her mind, she knew how dangerous the Anti-Alice Organization was.

Hyo Rin crossed her arms behind her and leaned back against the window. She felt the droplets of rain on her back and the cool breeze passing by. Her emerald-blue eyes never left Min Ah. "Min Ah-sshi, my senior is responsible for your memory loss," she said with no emotions at all. "If you want your memories back, all you have to do is to find him."

Min Ah's amber orbs widened. "What? Why are you telling me this?"

"It's because…" The young wind manipulator lowered her head, allowing her blonde hair to cover a part of her face. She let out a quiet sigh as she clenched her hands behind her back. "You're her daughter…" she said softly but enough for Min Ah to hear.

"Huh? Daugther?" Min Ah had absolutely no idea what Hyo Rin was talking about. "Hyo Rin-sshi…" She was about to ask her more, but Hyo Rin suddenly gazed at her with sadness in her emerald-blue eyes. Min Ah was surprised at this.

"Min Ah-sshi, I'm not your friend," Hyo Rin said, her voice almost stuttering. "But I don't want to be your enemy either."

Something was wrong; Min Ah felt it in Hyo Rin. But she can't trust her just yet. After all, Hyo Rin was an AHO member. "A-are you t-trying… to…deceive me?" she asked nervously.

Hyo Rin only shook her head and spun on her heels. "Min Ah-sshi, the organization wants you." She gritted her teeth. "They want you because of your two Alice."

"Hyo Rin-sshi…"

The rain was pulling to a halt, but the sky was already dark. It was already night time. Hyo Rin realized she needed to leave before anyone finds out about her. "I'm sorry. I can't do anything to stop the organization." She climbed up the window and knelt on it. "Please be careful, Min Ah-sshi." With those final words, she jumped off the window.

"Hyo Rin-sshi!" uttered Min Ah, almost forgetting about the blonde's Wind Alice. She ran to the window to see if Hyo Rin was all right, but as she looked down, nobody was there. "She's gone…"

The clouds were clearing up, revealing a bright moon. The ray of moonlight shone upon her face, as she wondered about the brunette who revealed herself neither as a friend nor an enemy.

KNOCK! KNOCK! KNOCK!

The loud knock came banging on her door, surprising the poor brunette. She quickly opened the door, revealing her raven-haired best friend, Jiyoon. Before she could speak, she noticed the wet raincoat Jiyoon was wearing. "You better dry yourself up, Jiyoon, or you might catch a cold," Min Ah said, worrying for the inventor.

As usual, Jiyoon did not show any emotions in her face. "Min Ah, there's something you should know," she said flatly, as she grabbed the brunette's hand. "Come with me right now." She pulled Min Ah out of the room, closed the door, and dragged her across the hallways.

"Jiyoon, where are you taking me?" she asked, as she tried to keep up with Jiyoon's pace. The inventor could sure walk fast.

"Shut up," Jiyoon retorted. "You'll know once we get there."

Min Ah knew there was something bothering Jiyoon, but the raven-haired girl refused to tell her. Whatever it was, she was dying to know. Maybe it has something to do with her memories or maybe Jiyoon had found another Alice Stone of hers, she thought wildly.