Chapter 29

Hallyu Academy ~ Forgotten Memories [hiatus until 19/1/2012]

 

 

Walking along the cherry blossoms path towards the Elementary School, Jung Jessica, the Ice Princess of the Dangerous Ability Class, had her head low and her hands clasped against her chest. She was clad in a plain blue sweater and dark green pleated mini-skirt. She wore a pair of light-green sneakers with white loose socks. Anxiety was written all over her pale and delicate face. Her mind was occupied by the one and only brunette who was the first person to ever warm up to her in the Academy. She was supposed to be happy since she was going to graduate from Middle School already. But she can't bring herself to put a smile on her face while Min Ah was going through a lot. She brushed some hair away from her face and heaved a sigh. She has arrived at the entrance of the Elementary School.

"Min Ah-sshi, will you ever remember me?" she asked in a low tone, so nobody else could hear.

She wanted to see Min Ah. She had already been to the Elementary School dorm, but Min Ah wasn't there. So, she decided to check the Elementary School Building. Hopefully, she would find Min Ah there. She was about to go inside when she heard somebody running. She turned around only to see an auburn-haired girl running while holding a midnight-blue Alice stone in her hand.

Eunjung, also known as the Dark Witch, spotted Jessica and stopped running. "If I'm not mistaken, you're that girl with the Ice Alice," said Eunjung.

Jessica gasped at what she said. "How did you know that?"

"I have my sources," Eunjung replied knowingly, as she placed a hand on her waist. "Anyway, you're classified as a Dangerous Ability Type, right? So, you're in the same class as that Jae Hyo guy."

"You also know Jae Hyo-sshi?"

"Black Cat…" Eunjung narrowed her gaze at Jessica. "I know him and I despise him."

"Eh?" Jessica was getting a bad feeling from the black-eyed girl. "Who are you anyway?"

Before Eunjung spoke, two high school students arrived and saw Jessica. One student, who was a boy, was wearing a grey hat, a plain blue shirt, loose jeans, and dark-blue rubber shoes. The other one was a girl clad in red turtle-neck blouse with long sleeves, a black pleated mini-skirt, and brown knee-high boots. The two of them approached her casually, greeting her with a warm good morning and smiles. But Jessica replied them with silence. She just looked at them with a scared look in her eyes.

"What's the matter?" Choi Sooyoung asked, placing a hand on Jessica's shoulder. The moment she touched her, Sooyoung quickly withdrew her hand and rubbed in gently. "So cold! Why are you using your Alice?"

The other high school student was L.Joe, also known as the Shadow Manipulator. He turned his head to look at Eunjung who seemed to be smirking at him. Her smirk gave him the Goosebumps, but he tried his best not to look nervous in front of the girl. "Who is this? A friend of yours?" he asked Jessica.

The Ice Princess simply shook her head. "I haven't seen her before in my entire life," she answered. "But she seems to know my identity as a Dangerous Ability student. She also knows Jae Hyo-sshi."

That's when it hit him. L.Joe shot Eunjung a glare with his midnight-blue orbs and clenched his fists. He remembered Jiyoon's descriptions about the Dark Witch of the Anti-Alice Organization. There was no doubt about it, what he was glaring at was obviously her. "The Dark Witch, I didn't expect you to be so young."

"Lee Byunghun-sunbaenim I presume?" Eunjung said, as she slid the stone inside her pocket. "You're Min Ah-sshi's very first sunbae, so that means you're very important to her."

"What is it to you?" L.Joe retorted.

"She's the Dark Witch who attacked Jiyoon-sshi and Jae Hyo-sshi?" Sooyoung muttered, her eyes growing.

"Oh, I'm getting pretty popular around here!" Eunjung uttered, flailing her arms up high. She then clasped her hands together and sighed dreamily. "This is so cool!"

"You, give us back Min Ah's memories!" L.Joe demanded.

"No can do, sunbaenim." Eunjung crossed her arms behind her. "I can't disobey the organization, you know."

L.Joe had no choice but to use force on her. He quickly eyed on her shadow and attempted to step on it. Unfortunately for him, Eunjung anticipated his move and she managed to jump away in a second. "Damn it!" he growled, clenching his fists harder this time.

Chuckling, Eunjung flipped her wavy hair and looked back at the Shadow Prince. She then pointed a finger at her own cheek. "L.Joe-sunbaenim, that mark on your cheek is a curse mark, right?"

L.Joe replied her with an even deadly glare.

"A person with a Curse Alice gave that Mark of Obedience to you, right?" she continued.

"That's right," Sooyoung was the one who replied. "What's the deal with these questions?"

"I'm just curious that's all," Eunjung replied with a malicious grin. "Because that person's Curse Alice is quite similar yet different from the Curse Alice I know."

For some reason, Sooyoung thought, Eunjung was beginning to make sense. She took a few steps forward and stared hard at the auburn-haired girl. She saw the grin on her face, and it was annoying the hell out of her. Still, Sooyoung remained calm and composed. "Do you, by any chance, possess the Curse Alice?" she questioned.

Jessica and L.Joe were quite surprised with Sooyoung's actions.

Eunjung lowered her head until her bangs covered her eyes from sight. She began laughing softly, but as every second passed, her laughter became louder and louder. She laid her hand on her temple, trying to control her laugh so she could speak. She gazed upon the older students. "Bingo!" she said cheerfully.

At this point, Sooyoung used her Doppelganger Alice and multiplied herself into five. Two clones charged towards Eunjung with perfect movement since Sooyoung was also skilled in fighting. The clones jumped into the air and performed a high-jump kick attack.

With a smirk, she simply back flipped twice and stood confidently. "You're way too slow…" she mocked.

Sooyoung clenched her fists tight. The other 3 went in for the attack as well but all of them failed to even land one punch on Eunjung. Sooyoung didn't want to admit it, but Eunjung was way good. However, she was not going to give up. Min Ah's Alice Stone was on the line, and she had to get it no matter what. Sooyoung attacked Eunjung again, but the Dark Witch easily dodged her punches and kicks.

"Time for us to help out," said L.Joe, taking a few steps forward.

Jessica nodded her head. "I'll do my best…" She activated her Alice, causing the atmosphere to get chilly.

"Take this!" Sooyoung attacked again with a side kick this time, but Eunjung evaded and jumped side wards.

"Geez, you're so weak!" the Dark Witch said, pointing a finger at the Doppelganger. "It seems like I don't need to waste my Alice on you." She laughed hard and held her stomach. She was underestimating Sooyoung so much.

But Sooyoung wasn't upset or irritated with Eunjung's behavior. In fact, she was smiling for some reason. "Laugh all you want…" Sooyoung called her clones back and became one again. She formed a defensive stance and concentrated her eyes on Eunjung.

"Are you going to attack me again? Come on then!"

"You move way too much," Sooyoung blurted out. "It's time for you to stay put."

"What rubbish are you—" Eunjung suddenly felt the cold wind blowing on her skin. Adrenaline pumping, she turned her head to look at the one and only Jessica using her Alice. Well, she wasn't worried at all. She knew Jessica would make a move sooner or later. "Your Ice Alice doesn't scare me at all."