Lay : Mr Rabbit

EXO Drabbles

 

A soft exclamation of joy escaped from the little boy's lips, "Jie, it's a bunny!"
 
He pointed at the little white bundle of fur on the ground, eyes shining wide with excitement and happiness. I soon found myself grinning at the sight of seeing my little brother so.. Energetic. Not that he wasn't a cheerful boy, but he was rather quiet and wasn't very much like most of the other children he spent time with.  So far, the only things that seemed to excite the 5 year old were music and animals. At times, it was just rather frustrating and saddening to look at the quiet, no, unique, I'd rather use, boy.
 
I watched as he approached the tiny white creature cautiously, as if he was worried that he would scare it away. Taking a step closer to it, he looked up at me, the dark brown orbs of his eyes seemed as if they were asking me for permission to go closer to the creature.
 
The action made my heart strings pull and I nodded. Knowing that it was alright, he crouched down and reached over to the rabbit. His fingertips skimmed through the top of the tuff of fur on its head, not quite touching its head but rather its fur. 
 
I giggled at the sight, "It's okay to pet its head, Xing."
 
He was so sweet.
 
His eyes widened momentarily before they shrunk back into inverted crescents. Then he placed his small hand, gently, on top of the pile of white. A troubled expression crossed his face as he stayed frozen there, unsure of what to do next.
 
Deciding that he needed some help I reached down and patted his head gently.
 
"Pet it like this," I explained, his head.
 
I watched as his eyes lit up, ever so cutely, again. With a satisfied smile he the rabbit.
 
With that, he decided that he had taken a liking towards that white bunny and wanted to bring it home. He hesitated at first, but his love for the adorable fluffy creature overcame all hesitation and before he knew it, he was already trying to carry it. His arms were outstretched, one reaching towards the rabbit's ears and the other towards its middle.
 
My eyes rounded.
 
"No, Xing, you can't do that." I exclaimed, hurrying to stop him.
 
He paused, "B-but-"
 
"Yixing..."
 
"But I just wanted to..."
 
His features were painted in disappointment as he looked longingly towards the rabbit.
 
"You might hurt it,"
 
He finally stopped, drooping his head and pouting as he looked affectionately at the tiny bundle of fur before him.
 
"But I wanna bring the bunny home..."
 
His eyes that were smiling so happily just minutes ago were now gazing at the ground with disappointment. Crouching down, I met his gaze at eye-level and squared his shoulders to mine.
 
"I'm sorry, Xing, but... Mr Rabbit here has to return to his home, just like us."
 
He averted his gaze and stared down at the blades of grass at his feet once again, fiddling with his fingers.
 
"I'd be worried and miss you terribly if you were brought back by someone else, xingxing." I continued, using the pet name I was most fond of.
 
I continued. "You'd miss me too right?" Gingerly, he glanced up, nodding his head cutely.
 
I smiled. "We'll visit Mr Rabbit next time, okay?"
 
He nodded again, his eyes finally regaining their usual shine as his tiny lips curved upwards into a smile.
 
My heart squeezed at the sight of that rare smile and I couldn't help but pull him into a hug. My little brother was too cute for his own good.
 
 
A/N: the main image for this drabble is a fanart I found on the Internet, it does not belong to me. The fanart/image belongs to its rightful owner.