D.O : Breakfast

EXO Drabbles

 

Sunlight streamed through the windows, showing no mercy to the girl who was still sleeping. The birds outside her window chirped and cawed loudly, as if in an attempt to wake her. After five minutes of the continuous ruckus, she finally stirred.
 
She tried to open her eyes, squinting under the glare of the sun. Turning to glance at the clock by her bedside, she let out a groan. It was only eight in the morning, however it didn't seem like she would be getting anymore sleep.
 
She sat up, "It's Saturday, for Pete's sake! Don't you guys ever rest?" grumbling as if they could hear and understand her.
 
Plopping back onto her bed, she took hold of her pillow, pressing the soft object against her ears in a lousy attempt to block out the sounds. Just then, a familiar scent wafted into the room, causing a smile to spread on her face.
 
This could only mean one thing, "Kyungsoo's here," she smiled as she mumbled to herself.
 
This time she nearly jumped up from the covers, hurrying to brush her teeth and wash her face before going into the kitchen.
 
She headed into the kitchen, where a diligent Do Kyungsoo was. Looking as squishy as ever, she thought, fighting the urge to pinch his cheeks.
 
"Kyungsoo oppa,"
 
"Morning, glad to see that you're awake."
 
"Uh huh."
 
She reached over, wrapping her arms around his neck loosely and gazing up at him.
 
"I missed you, Do Kyungsoo."
 
"Yah, it's oppa to you."
 
"I don't care. I missed you."
 
She squeezed him into a tight hug, resting her head in the crook of his neck.
 
"You saw me two days ago."
 
"Really? It feels like it's been a week."
 
"Pabo."
 
He smoothed the top of her head, patting it in that slightly motherly way he did things.
 
"When are you gonna let go of me?" He asked teasingly.
 
"Not even in a million years." She replied in an equally teasing tone.
 
He flicked her forehead lightly, "Our breakfast is getting cold, do you know how much effort I put in it?" He answered in mock anger.
 
She shook her head mischievously, earning a sigh from him.
 
"I would've killed you by now if you weren't so cute."
 
A triumphant smile spread on her face.
 
"What's for breakfast?"
 
"Bacon and eggs."
 
A knowing smile spread on her face, "Did Baek do something to anger you again?"
 
"Sort of."
 
She giggled, Kyungsoo only cooked bacon when he was upset with his friend, Baekhyun. Whatever it was he did to irritate him, it wouldn't be forgotten anytime soon.
 
She pressed her lips against his temple and rested her chin on his shoulder as she held onto him in a backhug, comforting him about whatever he was upset with.
 
I guess breakfast could wait.