Sehun : Home

EXO Drabbles

 

"S-sehunnie?"
 
"What's wrong?" he snapped to attention, noticing her unusually wobbly tone.
 
"A-are you home now?" she sniffled.
 
"I am, I am. What happened?" he nearly barked into the speaker, his voice unnaturally high.
 
All he got in response was a whole lot of sniffles and a couple of whimpers.
 
"Babe. Babe? Are you still there?"
 
"Y-yeah. I'll... be home soon."
 
With that, he was left hanging with a thousand and one questions flying in his head, and a dial tone echoing into his ear. He paced up and down the living room, nearly feeling like tearing his hair out. Just how soon was soon? What if something really bad had happened? What if she was hurt? What if someone had tried to kidnap her? What if someone did something to her! What if—
 
A familiar jangling of keys and turning of a lock saved him from coming up with even more ridiculous worries. He heaved a sigh of relief. So that was how soon.
 
"Are you o—" he paused at the sight before him. "kay?"
 
Her usually bright eyes were red-rimmed and puffy, her hair that was in a neat up-do just that morning was now flopping downwards in a tangled mess. The cheerful smile that always greeted him when she was at the doorstep was now gone, replaced with something that resembled a grimace. Her head shook slowly, a vast difference from her usual fast-paced way of doing things.
 
Her cold arms instinctively reached for him, wrapping them around his sides weakly. His hold on her tightened as his usually inexpressive face actually started to scrunch up with worry.
 
"M-my.. I..." she burst out between gasps of air, struggling to breathe.
 
"Shhh."
 
"I-I... don't know where," she hiccuped. "to s-start."
 
"Shh, we'll work something out together. Calm down, first."
 
Save for a few uncontainable sobs, silence ensued.
 
In his secure arms, she finally felt at home.
 
 
A/N : the main idea for this drabble was suggested by flyingfili~ Thank you so much for sharing it with me :) I hope I met your expectations!