Xiumin : Mint

EXO Drabbles

 

 
I trudged into the house warily, sighing. Looking up from the doorstep, I saw a familiar face.
 
"You're back?" he asked, his round eyes fixing onto me.
 
I stared blankly at him. "No, Minseok-oppa. I'm still in school. Pfft."
 
"Okay, I'm sorry. That was a stupid question."
 
I shot him a look before tossing my bag onto the sofa.
 
"What happened today?" he asked, eyes widening in concern and fear at whatever snappy comeback I might make.
 
I heaved a sigh. "I-I think I did pretty badly for my test today." I finally replied, in a gentler tone this time.
 
I took a quick look at his face before apologizing, "S-sorry for taking my anger out on you, Seokkie."
 
Seeming to heave a sigh of relief he pulled me into a hug, "It's okay."
 
After he released me from his arms, he looked at me intently. "I know what you need."
 
My eyes widened questioningly, seeming to speak on my behalf.
 
"Ice cream! Let's go!" he replied with a bright smile, pulling me out the house against my will.
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 
"But Seokkie, I don't even like it."
 
"You will over time! Trust me,"
 
"A chocolate chip and a mint, please!" he told the stall owner, grinning widely like a child.
 
This little kid. I thought to myself, unable to resist chuckling quietly despite feeling down.
 
He held out a cone with a green blob of ice cream on it. "This is yours,"
 
I frowned, puzzled. "Why mint?"
 
"Because you're just like it," he replied with his usual warm yet cheerful smile.
 
"Huh?"
 
"You seem cold and your words tend to bite at others most of the time, but when someone digs deeper and gets to know you, you're rather sweet. Your comebacks may be a tad hurtful, but you mean no harm. Like the sharp, cooling tang mint has." he spoke in between bites of ice cream, expression thoughtful but warm.
 
He added with another cheery grin, "Your fresh comebacks are somewhat like the refreshing aftertaste of mint too."
 
Stunned, I avoided his gaze, feeling the heat rushing to my cheeks.
 
"Thanks, Seok." I mumbled, barely audible. 
 
"You're the best." I added quietly, pecking him on the cheek.