Baekhyun : Empty

EXO Drabbles

 

I just hope he's alright.
 
Taking a deep breath, I pushed the door open gently, bracing myself for whatever that might happen. My eyes took in the unusual sight faster than my mind could process it.
 
There was a lone figure sitting on the couch. His head was tilted at an angle, facing the ground. He was my boyfriend, however, he didn't look like that charming boy I knew.
 
I stepped into the room silently, eyes already starting to frown in worry. He remained unmoving, his stare locked onto the ground. His shoulders were drooping and he didn't look quite like himself. It was as if something or someone had out all the life from that sweet, cheerful boy.
 
"Baekhyunnie," I started cautiously, voice barely above a whisper.
 
He glanced up at the sound that had disturbed the silence, fixing his gaze on me, but his eyes were dull and grey, not to mention red-rimmed too. As if they seemed to be filled with only sadness. But yet, they were empty, at the same time. The one thing I had thought he would never be.
 
My heart practically fell, shattering at the sight of him looking so down, it wasn't like Byun Baekhyun at all.
 
I pushed back the lump forming in my throat. "Baekhyunnie ah..." I continued painfully, almost certain I wouldn't get anymore words out.
 
His gaze remained fixated on me, and I could see a hint of desperation cross his eyes, as if I were the only thing he could cling onto for dear life when lost out at sea. His lips forced themselves into a small curve, but the smile didn't even come close to meeting his eyes.
 
"I-I... I'm sorry about your grandma, Baek," I finally forced out of my mouth, barely even daring to breathe when he was this upset. Scrap that, he was looking practically soulless, upset was probably no where near how he was feeling.
 
Surprisingly, he stretched an arm out and pulled me close, instead of pushing me away like I was worried he would. He stood up, burying his face into the crook of my neck and wrapping his warm arms around me.
 
A moist warmth spread on my neck as his tears started to fall, undoubtedly. I squeezed his hand tight, trying to comfort him, trying to show that I cared, that I was sorry and sad as well. He squeezed my hand back, and I could swear that he understood what I was trying to tell him when words failed me.
 
After what seemed like a long while, he pulled away. The sudden movement made the air around me feel cold and unwelcoming, sending a cold tingle down my spine as he shivered probably thinking the same thing.
 
"Thanks," he said after what felt like an eternity. my head, he finally let out a smile. It was small, but nonetheless it was a genuine, warm smile that I returned. This was the Baekhyun that I missed.
 
 
A/N: T_T thinking about Baek crying makes me feel like crying too. This was - I would say inspired but it's nothing to be inspired about -  by what I heard the sasaeng fans did to him. Poor baekkie.