Chen : Troll-of-a-jerk

EXO Drabbles

I shrieked as the hem of my skirt suddenly flew up, "Crap!" I hurried to yank it back down and hold it firmly around my legs. I glared at the skies, for sending that sudden gust of wind towards me, then at Jongdae who was the one who had dragged me to the rooftop to "enjoy the scenery". Pfft.

 
"Haha-"
 
I shot him another icy glare, "It's not funny, Kim Jongdae."
 
"You should've seen your face," he struggled to mutter as he chortled even harder, clutching at his stomach. "Hahahhahaa."
 
I heaved a sigh, "Why are you even my best friend?"
 
Slowly, his obnoxious laughter began to cease as he glanced at me with sincerity in his eyes.
 
"Is that honestly the only way you see me?"
 
I let the word escape from my lips before I could even think it through, "Yes."
 
"I'm not kidding, I really like you."
 
"Uh-huh," I rolled my eyes. 
 
It was the umpteenth time he had told me that, no way was I going to believe that sarcastic jerk, who was supposed to be my best friend, this time.
 
"I'm serious," he continued, looking me straight in the eye. Deep down, I knew I felt my heart flutter at the intensity of that gaze, but I pushed aside the crazy, wonderful thought that came after it.
 
"You're getting better at acting Chen." I replied, using the nickname I came up with since we were kids, one that he hated.
 
"But I'm not. Not this time,"
 
I gave him a look. When was he ever serious about anything other than singing and his grades?
 
He shot another look back at me, one of exasperation.
 
He sighed, "You leave me with no choice, girl."
 
I frowned, not liking the sound of that. "What do you mean?"
 
He remained silent, staring out into space, as if considering what to do.
 
"Chen."
 
I shook his shoulder.
 
"Chen." I repeated.
 
Silence. 
 
I took a deep breath, "What the heck are you tal-"
 
My words were cut off. In one smooth and quick motion his lips were pressed against mine. My eyes widened in shock, then closed on reflex. Tension rose around us. I was starting to feel giddy and light headed. How could a... Jerk, like him make me feel like this?
 
He finally pulled away. I silently thanked god for that or I would've died from lack of oxygen.
 
Heat rose in my cheeks when I realised what had actually happened. On impulse, I turned away, refusing to meet his eye.
 
"Troll-of-a-jerk." I muttered.
 
"I heard that!"
 
"You were supposed to." I shot him a look.
 
As our eyes met, laughter started to bubble up and the tension cleared once again. Maybe that thought earlier on wasn't so crazy after all.
 
 
A/N: this one's not so fluffy, but I decided to put it up because it's Chen's birthday tmr :) Happy birthday Jongdae oppa~ 143, I hope you stay the troll you are XD