Chanyeol : Aquarium Date

EXO Drabbles

 

"Hey, let's go see some fishies today."
 
"What?"
 
"Let's go to the new aquarium!"
 
A bemused expression spread on my face as I nodded slowly, taking up his offer.
 
"Hurry up and get ready. Fishies here we come!" he exclaimed, practically bouncing with excitement. 
 
His enthusiasm was infectious, I couldn't help quickening my pace to my room as I heard Chanyeol mutter something about forgetting a camera. I slammed the door shut, scrutinizing my closet to throw on some presentable clothes. Deciding that I hadn't much time to lose, I settled with a simple denim dress with long sleeves to eliminate the hassle of bringing a jacket.
 
Skipping down the stairs, I heard Chanyeol complain, "Hey! How come you never wore a dress the other times we went out?"
 
"Those didn't count as dates, it was just to the library."
 
"Those were study dates!"
 
"But all we went to was the library, it wasn't anywhere special. Should I have dolled myself up for the books to see?"
 
"I was there too, you know."
 
"I-we.. Well, I didn't like you yet." I twirled my hair, hoping he would believe the little white lie I had just concocted.
 
His eyes narrowed. "Don't lie."
 
"Okay, okay. I found you creepy at that time, alright? You smile like a e!"
 
"I do not smile like one!" his lower lip stuck out as his frown grew deeper.
 
"You do!" I argued back with a wide grin. "At least, when you're nervous."
 
"So, I don't smile like one!" he interjected cheerily.
 
"Don't grin like that. That's what I was talking about." I joked, grabbing my keys.
 
"Let's go, you giant!" I gave his shoulder a playful shove.
 
"You're just short." 
 
I shot a glare at him as I heard the familiar beep of his car unlocking. I turned to meet the slightly beat-up looking, zesty yellow sedan. Oddly, it reminded me of him. Bubbly and all smiles even though he had been through a lot.
 
 
"You seem to look at them more than you look at me." he complained aloud.
 
"No I don't, don't pout like that." I tugged on his arm, pulling him ahead. "There're jellyfish over there!"
 
"See!" he crossed his arms.
 
I mirrored his action, before looking pointedly him and holding up the tickets that had costed us twenty bucks.
 
"Well, we paid for the tickets to look at the sea creatures didn't we?"
 
"B-but!" he protested, still not quite satisfied that he hadn't won again.
 
"Okay, then we have to stay like this the whole time!" 
 
I felt him wrapping his arms around my waist, gently resting his chin on the crown of my head. He was pressing his warm stomach on my back, allowing me to feel every breath he took. My heart palpitated, but I could feel rapid tiny pressures on my back, which meant that his own heart was probably doing some involuntary acrobatic show as well.
 
"Stop it. People are looking!" my voice came out as a squeak as I whacked his arm.
 
Reluctantly, he let go, but settled with grabbing my hand and entwining out fingers together.
 
"Fine, but I won't let go for the whole day." he murmured, grazing my knuckles with his thumb as we continued our date.