Kris : His Drawings

EXO Drabbles

 

I smiled as I his head, a silver of pride swelling in me as I watched little Daniel create yet another of his masterpieces. His eyes were intent and his tongue stuck out to the side as he concentrated on his sketch of pikachu. He was the epitome of cute. He bore a striking resemblance to his father, Kris, but was, by far, sweeter.
 
"Wah! Daniel, you draw so well!"
 
I exclaimed, smiling warmly at the little bundle of energy.
 
"Really?"
 
His eyes widened and his cheeks started to puff up as a broad smile spread onto his face. I nodded, patting his head gently.
 
"He's my son, of course he draws well, it runs in the blood! But he still has lots to learn."
 
Kris announced, nodding, as he walked into the room. I stifled a laugh as I rolled my eyes, he was being an arrogant as usual. Shoving him with mock irritation, I remarked, "Quit boasting about being the next Da Vinci to your son when your drawing skills are worse than his."
 
He gasped.
 
"No, they aren't!"
 
Yeah right.
 
A tiny curious voice asked, "what's this?"
 
We looked up mid-argument to see 5 year old Daniel holding a piece of paper in his hands with a puzzled expression on his face.
 
God knows where he got it but I burst out laughing and Kris's face paled when we realised what it was, Kris's latest... Masterpiece.
 
"They're daddy's drawings, dear," I mustered while chuckling.
 
"What's this? A giraffe?"
 
Daniel pointed at the stick-like figure on the paper.
 
It actually did look quite like a giraffe. I laughed even harder, struggling to explain to my child what his terribly artistic father had drawn.
 
"No dear, it's an alpaca. It's... like a sheep, but it has a long neck."
 
"Ohh."
 
He tried again.
 
"Then is this an al..pa..ca too?"
 
He pointed to a drawing of a similar creature as his eyebrows crinkled, struggling to pronounce the newly learnt word.
 
"Nope. That's..."
 
I cocked my head to the side, trying to figure out what the figure was. Then I saw the triangle on its head.
 
"a unicorn."
 
He scratched his head, as he looked at both of the drawings with a scrutinizing gaze, trying to figure out how to differentiate the creatures. By now, I was laughing so hard that tears were starting to well up. I wiped them away and told Kris, "He can't tell them apart because they look the same."
 
"Oh, shush."
 
He glared at me and that put an end to our argument, he knew he had lost this time.
 
"They aren't the best, but your drawings are cute, okay?"
 
I tried consoling him, entwining my fingers with his as he finally gave a triumphant smile.
 
"Ha! So they are good!"
 
I could only roll my eyes as our never-ending debate started again.
 
 
A/N: Although I wrote this, the idea of Kris's son finding his drawings was actually my friend's, so I'm giving her credit. Thanks, Christy! ^^ go check out her first fic, her acc is InkedCreations!