What Is In The Past, Stays In The Past

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

Jong Kook once said in an interview that he was no longer interested in his own love lines. He had been linked to Yoon Eun Hye for almost 10 years now. It's not that he disliked her or anything, but he thought it was time for the public to move on. Jong Kook wanted to get married soon and have as many kids as possible before he turned 40. The only thing missing in his foolproof plan was a woman with whom he could share the same goals. Unfortunately, Jong Kook was a shy man, he didn't how to talk to ladies. He had plenty of opportunities to get the women he liked; they were pratically begging him to ask them on a date, using body language.

He missed his chance with Park Ye Jin, his ex-castmate from Family Outing; the two of them had a very awkward relationship. She was herself around him whereas he was uncomfortable around her. When she was talking to him, she directly looked into his eyes. He, on the other hand, always glanced quickly everywhere, avoiding her eyes. He liked her but couldn't fathom spending the rest of his life with her. She was way too strong and fearless, it hurt his pride.

As for Hyori, they dated for a few months but they ended up drifting apart. They were still good friends though. He even sang at her wedding, even though she kind of forced him to do it by pulling his hair.

As Jong Kook narrated his side of the story, Ji Hyo's face grew gloomier by the second. Gary discerned the change in Ji Hyo's demeanour. She wasn't snuggling with Jong Kook anymore or holding his hand.

"Is something wrong, Ji Hyo?" asked a concerned Gary.

Ji Hyo huffed in anger. She slapped Jong Kook's chest so hard, it made him yelp.

"What was that for?" said Jong Kook, as he rubbed the spot where Ji Hyo unleashed her fury.

"I don't think you should be talking about Ye Jin-ssi and Hyori-ssi like that. You make them look like crazy women." responded Ji Hyo, scooting away from Jong Kook.

"I think someone's jealous..." singsonged Suk Jin.

Ji Hyo rarely felt threatened. The only two girls who she felt could be considered her rivals were Ye Jin and Hyori. Since Jong Kook had a history with both of them, she didn't feel too confident about herself.

"Oppa! I'm not jealous at all. Pft, me, jealous? Yeah, right." denied Ji Hyo, while crossing her arms.

Everyone laughed. They were used to seeing an angry Ji Hyo but a jealous Mong Ji, that was a first. If they hadn't asked about the men she found attractive in the entertainment circle, they would have never guessed who she had a crush on. She was always very polite around the male guests on Running Man and seeing her fangirl in front of the cameras was a rare sight.  Of course, that doesn't mean that she doesn't fangirl.

When Lizzy was still a part of the RM family, they would find a corner somewhere far from their castmates and talk about their crush. They would get super excited over the fact that a certain guest touched their hands or asked their digits.

They were once discovered by Jae Suk, and he found it absolutely adorable.

Two grown women, crouching behind a pillar, sharing their interest for a guy.

When Lizzy left, Ji Hyo was sad she lost her accomplice. She couldn't talk about guys with her oppas, that'd be way too weird. So she ended up keeping it for herself.

"Ji Hyo, don't worry about Ye Jin and Hyori. They are both taken already. And I'm sure Kook Jong likes you the most." said Jae Suk, comforting Ji Hyo.

"You shouldn't doubt yourself, Ji Hyo. You're a wonderful person and I love you more than anything. The only thing I regret the most, is not having the guts to ask you out sooner. Who knows? By now, we could've been happily married, taking care of our two kids and expecting the third!" said Jong Kook, looking tenderly at Ji Hyo.

When Jong Kook spoke this way, Ji Hyo couldn't help but look at the ground. Mr. Capable wasn't very good with words but when it came to the women he truly cared about, they came out naturally and so beautifully phrased that it made Ji Hyo blush.

"Wow. Hyung, you have such a way with words! I feel so inferior compared to you..." sniffed Haha, wiping his tears away.

"That was really cute, Jong Kook-ah. But we've had enough of the past. We want to know how your relationship blossomed on Running Man." Suk Jin said, blowing his nose in a tissue.

"Okay then, that is how it took place." began Jong Kook, focused on the real story.