Jong Kook & Ji Hyo's First Meeting

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

Ji Hyo felt like she was reading a story to a bunch of kids. As she began recalling her first encounter with the commander, all her castmates were sitting around her, listening attentively to her fairytale. 

Ji Hyo and Jong Kook first met on august 2nd 2009 on the set of Family Outing.

It was a very hot and humid day. The whole Family was used to filming from dusk to dawn, so they weren't surprised when the PD told them that shooting that day's episode would take longer than usual.

At that time, Ji Hyo had a boyfriend and Jong Kook was interested in Hyori. He liked girls with strong personalities who weren't afraid to get their hands dirty. Hyori fit that description perfectly. However, when he saw that Ji Hyo was that week's guest, he couldn't deny the fact the he was quite happy. Ji Hyo was also very pleased to see Jong Kook; she had a humongous crush on him during his Turbo days. Even though they didn't interact much during that episode, Ji Hyo did have an effect on Jong Kook, thanks to her "Hot Issue" dance.

"Now that I think about it, Ji Hyo's dancing is definitely one of the reasons that got me thinking about her." said Jong Kook, cutting off Ji Hyo's storytelling.

"Noona, don't you think it's time you learn a new dance? You should take classes with an experienced teacher." suggested Kwang Soo, implying she should ask for his help.

"For your information, Kwang Soo, I know how to dance, okay?" retorted Ji Hyo, slightly ticked off by Kwang Soo's comment.

Kwang Soo and Haha laughed at Ji Hyo's annoyed expression. 

"Anyways, where was I? Ah, yes." Ji Hyo continued telling how exactly she met Jong Kook.

After showing off the choreography she learned in 30 minutes to everyone and cooking dinner, it was finally time to visit the abandoned factory for the "horror special". There was nothing better than goosebumps and fear to lower the body's temperature on such a warm summer night. At least, that was the PD's point of view.

Ji Hyo, Jong Kook and Jong Shin got their makeup done since they were chosen to be on the "ghost" team. While waiting for the Family's arrival, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo got to know each other better. They shared a few laughs and exchanged numbers. After the show ended, they met up numerous times for coffee; in Jong Kook's case, water. 

Ji Hyo never mentionned it, but she thought it was odd how much Jong Kook cared about his health and body. It really looked like he wanted to live for a thousand years! He was so concerned for his well-being that everytime they went out for dinner, he would order the weirdest things on the menu. His excuse was often "It's very good for your liver and your heart! It also lowers blood pressure." . Ji Hyo eventually got used to his peculiar taste and started appreciating new kinds of food. She got to try milk porridge, eel soup and ginseng stuffed-chicken soup. She noticed that her body started feeling young again and she was in much better shape than before.

Unfortunately, as time passed, the two of them became more and more busy. Their schedule was so full that they couldn't hang out much anymore. Their blooming friendship started withering. And soon, they lost contact. For almost a year, they didn't see each other.

That was until Ji Hyo was cast for Running Man.