Jae Suk, Suk Jin, Haha & Gary

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

"BREAKING NEWS! Singer Kim Jong Kook and actress Song Ji Hyo, members of SBS' Running Man, are dating!"

Jae Suk and Suk Jin couldn't believe what they just heard. 

Kim Jong Kook and Song Ji hyo are dating.

Kookie and Mong Ji are dating.

Jong Kook. Ji Hyo. Dating?!?

The longtime friends were at Suk Jin's house, babysitting their sons while their wife were getting pampered at the spa. They were talking, laughing and drinking tea when suddenly they heard the news about Kook Jong and Ji Hyo. The tea came out of Suk Jin's mouth like a volcano that was erupting.

Did they hear right? Since when has this been going on? How come their fellow Running Man members never told them? Did they tell Haha, Gary and Kwang Soo?

They had so many questions, but so little answers. The only way to know was to call the main people involved: the "couple".

"Call Jong Kook, I'm going to call Ji Hyo." Suk Jin told Jae Suk.

The person you have called is unavailable right now. Please try --

"Kim Jong Kook, you!" groaned Jae Suk.

Since none of the 2 leading characters were answering their phone, the second way to know was to call the other Running Man family members.

"Yah, Ha Dong Hoon, are you watching Star News?" asked Jae Suk, while wiping the tea that Suk Jin spat on him.

"No, I just came home. Why, hyung?" wondered Haha.

"Turn on the TV right now!", said Jae Suk, quite loudly.

Nothing was heard from the other side of the line. Jae Suk waited a few seconds and, for a moment, thought his phone was broken.

"Dong Hoon? Hello? Ha Dong Hoon? Are you still there?" said Jae Suk, as Suk Jin was trying to snatch the phone away to try to listen to the conversation.

"Hyung. Jae Suk Hyung. Is this real?" asked Haha, dumbfounded.

"I have no idea, I thought you could clarify for me. Did any of them tell you anything?"

"No, today's the first time I've heard about them dating! Maybe they told Gary hyung? I'm going to call him right now." replied Haha, extremely curious.

"Okay, call me back as soon as you find out something. Bye." Jae Suk hung up.

"So, what did Dong Hoon say?" asked Suk Jin.

"He didn't know about them, he's calling Gary about that right now." answered Jae Suk, impatiently waiting for Haha's call.

As soon as he hung up, Haha immediately dialled Gary's number. 
 
"If Jong Kook hyung didn't tell me about Ji Hyo, he must have told Gary hyung. There's no way he wouldn't have asked for Gary's permission!" guessed Haha.
 
Even though Monday Couple was created only for the show, Gary really did like Ji Hyo. He thought he stood a chance until he heard about her dating her CEO. Since then, there were no news about them still being together. And because he didn't want to ask her directly, he searched "Song Ji Hyo boyfriend breakup" on the internet. When he found out on Daum Cafe that they didn't separate, he chose to accept that fact and stop trying to win her over. He did eventually kind of get over her, but it took some time.
 
Gary was at a tattoo studio getting inked, when his phone rang.
 
"Yeoboseyo?"
 
"Gary hyung! You won't believe what I'm going to tell you!" exclaimed Haha.
 
"Ah, Dong Hoon-ah, can it wait for later? I'm getting a tattoo right now. I'm going to call you back -" said Gary, about to end their call.
 
"It's about Ji Hyo." Haha knew Gary's weakness, the only woman that used to made his heart skip a beat: Song Ji Hyo.
 
"What about Ji Hyo?" asked a very curious Gary. Haha managed to catch Gary's attention.  
 
Haha laughed. He knew that Gary still had feelings for Ji Hyo even though he assured him that his heart was immuned to her. To be honest, Haha used to be attracted to Mong Ji and her tough but warm personality. He knew that there was no way someone could forget Ji Hyo so soon. Well, he didn't anyways. Despite the fact that he is married and is going to celebrate his son's first birthday in a few weeks, sometimes, he couldn't help but wonder about how life would be if he had been brave enough to ask Ji Hyo on a date.
 
"She's dating Jong Kook hyung." answered Haha.
 
"Ah, really. I see." replied Gary, very calmly.
 
Haha was surprised that he took the news so well. How can Gary be so calm and collected? There could only be one explanation; he knew about them.
 
"Hyung, you already knew about -" began Haha.
 
"THEY ARE DATING? As in together, hand in hand, drinking from the same cup, nibbling on the same spaghetti noodle, hugging in the streets, calling each other lovey dovey nicknames and going to the movies in disguise?!? SpartAce is REAL?!?" exploded Gary, out of breath.
 
"Gary Hyung! Calm down! Nothing is confirmed yet, they haven't told us anything! We're still waiting to hear from them." replied Haha, a bit taken aback by Gary's explosion.
 
"Oh. Uh, okay then." Gary cleared his throat.
 
"That was so uncharacteristically of me" thought Gary.
 
"You still like her, hyung! Stop denying it." teased Haha.
 
Gary sighed. There was no way he could continue on fooling Haha. When it comes to lying, Gary's the worst.
 
"Okay, you win. But don't tell anyone, especially Jong Kook. I told him I was over Ji Hyo. The last thing I want is our friendship to go south." he said, fearing the worst.
 
"You can trust me with your secret, hyung." answered Haha, even though, deep inside, he knew that everyone was aware of Gary's feeling for Ji Hyo.
 
"So, you didn't know about them..." concluded Haha.
 
"Have you tried asking Kwang Soo? He has been hanging out with Jong Kook a lot these days. He might know something." suggested Gary.
 
"I'm going to call him now. Talk to you later hyung." Haha agreed.
 
"Keep me updated!" said Gary, as he hung up.
 
On to Kwang Soo now.