The Date Part 1

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

Ji Hyo immediately dialled the Capable One's number, her heart beating like crazy and excitement coursing through her veins.

After a few rings, he picked up.

"Jong Kook hyungnim. Are we really going on a date?" She asked, ecstatic.

"Is that okay now?" Jong Kook replied. He had been waiting for this moment for so long, he crossed his fingers praying to God Ji Hyo would accept. He already had a place in mind that would suit her peculiar interests. 

"Everything has cooled down between you, Gary oppa and me, so I guess it's alright for us to go on a date." Ji Hyo smiled widely despite her nonchalant tone. 

"Play hard to get" The voice in her mind said. 

"...Seriously? You're not kidding, right?" Jong Kook asked, finding it too good to be true.

"No, I'm for real, oppa!" Ji Hyo exclaimed, cheerfully. Playing hard to get was too difficult for someone as simple-minded as Ji Hyo, she prefered being her real-self in front of the man she harbored feelings for.

Jong Kook mouthed "yes!" and pumped his fists in the air. Their first date was going to be perfect!

"Then, I'll pick you up tomorrow at 3!" Jong Kook said, hoping she hadn't heard him show his happiness.

"Neh, oppa. See you tomorrow!" Ji Hyo was about to end the call when Jong Kook stopped her in her tracks.

"Wait! You're not even going to ask me where I'm taking you?" 

"Oppa, I trust you. It's not like you don't know me so I don't have to worry about you taking me somewhere weird! Right?" Ji Hyo said softly, pondering about where their date would take place.

"True. Okay then, keep on anticipating our long awaited date, Ji Hyo!" Jong Kook said cutely.

"Ew, oppa don't do that. You acting cute makes me want to puke." Ji Hyo pretended to gag. Before Jong Kook got the time to retort, Ji Hyo heard footsteps and a certain Grasshopper calling her name.

"I gotta go, oppa. See you tomorrow! I-" She hesitated whether to say I love you or not, like couples do, before ending their call. The question was: could they be called a couple yet?

"I-I...Bye!" She blubbered quickly.

"Ji Hyo-ah, which one is better?" Jae Suk asked as he showed her a big giraffe with goggly eyes and another smaller one just as cute.

"They're both so adorable! I can't choose!" Ji Hyo cooed as she hugged the two plush toys.

"By the way, oppa, why are you shopping for christmas gifts with me and not your wife? She'd know what Ji Ho likes better than me." Ji Hyo questionned the dance-obsessed man.

"We had a teeny tiny argument over what would be the perfect gift for Ji Ho so we decided to buy his present separately and see whose he prefers. And I know I'll win!" Jae Suk sniggered at his too-early-to-be-said victory.

Ji Hyo shook her head slowly and gave him an exasperated look.

"Men and their overly confident attitude..."

"What? You think Kyeong Eun is going to win? No way, I've been babysitting Ji Ho so often lately that I'm sure I know what he likes better than her!" Jae Suk said, with burning competitiveness growing inside of his heart.

Ji Hyo shook her head again and sighed.

"Men and their competitiveness...I'm sure unnie is going to win. She's the mother of your child, afterall."

"Yah, you! If I win, you babysit Ji Hyo for an evening." Jae Suk struck out his hand to make a deal.

"Fine. If unnie wins, you buy coffee for everyone for the next three recordings of Running Man." Ji Hyo shook his hand.

"Fine." Jae Suk stared at her, defiantly. Even when she was making a bet with him, she still managed to think about the cast and staff of the show. "Such a thoughtful girl." He thought as he chuckled lightly and walked to the cash register to pay for the toys.

"It's getting late Ji Hyo, you should go home. It's not safe for a woman to walk outside when it's dark." Jae Suk lectured her, treating her as if she were his daughter.

"Neh, oppa. I'll get going now. See you on monday!" Ji Hyo said, as she hugged him.

They bid each other goodbye and left in opposite directions to where they parked their car. 

Ji Hyo was in a good mood after Jong Kook's call, she turned up the volume of the radio in her car and danced to CNBLUE's I'm Sorry. There was finally some progress between the both of them after such a long time. As soon as she arrived home, she took a shower, brushed her teeth and went to bed. Miss Mong needed her beauty sleep, she had to look her best tomorrow!

The next day came faster than she had thought. She couldn't fall asleep no matter how many times she tossed and turned in her bed. She was worried about the silliest of things.

"What if he doesn't like what I wear? What if we get caught by people? What if Jong Kook oppa finds me boring and realises that he doesn't like me?!?" Ji Hyo walked in circles in her room for what seemed like an hour. She didn't know how to dress: casual or fashionable? Where exactly were they going? To an outdoor place or to an indoor place? She had so many questions she wanted to ask Jong Kook! But it would ruin the surprise, so, no, she wasn't going to ask him. 

She finally made up her mind and threw on some dark jeans, a plain t-shirt and a bright blue dress coat. 

"Casual but still girly! You've outdone yourself, Song Ji Hyo!" She praised herself as she checked her reflection in the mirror.

She went on to put on some light makeup, she didn't want to look like she put too much effort. As she applied some lipstick and smacked her pink lips together, her doorbell rang.

"Just in time." She whispered to herself, as she did some final touchups to her hair. She skipped happily to the door and opened it slowly. 

There he was. Mr. Capable One in all his splendor. Wearing a baseball cap.

 

...And a bright blue jacket.