Gary, The Unlucky One

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

A few months have gone by since the first Running Man gathering. Every korean citizen was in love with the show and many celebrities have showed interest in being the guests. The RM members could now be called a family; Suk Jin was the petty mom, Jae Suk was the annoying dad, Jong Kook was the nagging uncle, Kwang Soo and Joong Ki were the overly-confident-in-their-looks cousins, Haha and Ji Hyo were the bickering siblings and Gary was the son-in-law.

That's right, Gary and Ji Hyo were in a relationship.

What started as unrequited love ended up as mutual feelings. Monday couple was not that fake afterall.

After many failed attempts at trying to woo Ji Hyo, Gary wanted to give up and acknowledge the fact they were not possible. While he was on camera, he would act cheerful and flirty around Ji Hyo, but off-camera, he barely talked to her. 

At first, Jong Kook thought it was only because Gary was feeling tired because of his upcoming concerts, but then even after the concerts were long finished, he would still be quiet around Ji Hyo.

"It's time for an adult to step in!" Jong Kook thought as he devised a plan to match Gary and Ji Hyo.

Jong Kook was very thankful towards Ji Hyo for setting him up with Han Ji Min; they were so compatible together! He wanted to return the favor, since he knew, thanks to an acquaintance, that Ji Hyo liked Gary but was afraid that he might abandon her during her darkest days, as did an ex-boyfriend of hers.

If he wanted his plan to succeed, he had to ask for Haha's help. As soon as he finished telling Haha his "incredible" idea, they put their words in action.

"Gary-hyung! Can I talk to you?" Haha asked as he pulled Gary away from his conversation with Kwang Soo.

A few hours after talking with Haha, Gary was on a date with Ji Hyo. Let's say that jealousy usually brings the worst in people, but not in Gary's case. Competitiveness can make a man forget all his fears and make him do things he would've never done.

And so, thanks to Jong Kook's plan, Gary and Ji Hyo were having the time of their lives, eating, drinking and laughing.

One date turned into two, and two, into three.  They felt like their relationship could turn into something serious but they still kept quiet about it, only their closest friends knew.

Monday Couple was very blissful but the same couldn't be said about Jong Kook and Han Ji Min. After a year, they were slowly drifting apart because of their schedule and the rare times they saw each other, they would argue about the silliest of things.

"Why do you keep on texting Yoo Chun?"

"Why can't I? We're not in a prison!"

"Prison would be better, I'm sure their cooking is more healthy!"

And it went on and on. 

They decided to call it quits and went their separate ways. 

Jong Kook was depressed for more than a month. He had considered calling Ji Min, apologizing to her and asking her to give themselves another chance. Everytime he was about to punch the last digit of her phone number, he thought back to the times where they would argue non-stop. 

Gary didn't want to show how happy he was with Ji Hyo in front of Jong Kook. As a good friend and a brother, he hated seeing Jong Kook in so much pain and despair. 

"Hyung looks like a strong man on the outside but he has such a fragile heart..." Gary said out loud, without realizing it.

Ji Hyo, who heard what he said, was overcome with pity and guilt for indirectly giving him a heartbreak. 

Jong Kook was the first to arrive in the lounge room for a Running Man recording, and as Monday couple walked his way, they saw he had a blank look on his face. He was staring at his cup of coffee without blinking. 

"Is Hyung drinking coffee?!? He must have been hurt really bad!" Haha's voice could be heard from far away but Jong Kook didn't even notice, he was drowning in his own sorrow.

Ji Hyo, who was tightly holding Gary's hand, let go and immediately ran in Jong Kook's direction.

The moment Ji Hyo let go of his hand, Gary had a bad feeling. He tried to reach out to try and grab her wrist, but she was already gone.