Mystery Solved by the Wise Giraffe

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

As soon as Kwang Soo left the restaurant, he hailed a cab and gave the directions to Haha's house to the driver.

It would take at least 30 minutes to get to his hyung since it was rush hour. He asked for the driver's cellphone and texted Haha he would arrive a bit later than he had hoped.

Hyung, it's Kwang Soo. Just wanted to tell you that I'd be there in 30 minutes instead of 15 because of traffic.

A reply came a few minutes after.

Hurry! Hurry! If you're already in the neighborhood, get out of your car and run!

Kwang Soo was startled. Running outside in this weather? The skies were getting even darker and he could see a flash of lightning far away. 

"Should I? Or should I not? I could be struck by lightning if I go outside, since I'm so unlucky...But If I don't...Dong Hoon hyung needs me..." Kwang Soo didn't know what to do.

After 3 long minutes, he finally made up his mind.

"Thank you for the ride, ajusshi." he handed the money to the driver and ran out of the cab.

Kwang Soo has always been a loyal dongsaeng, even though he was known as a betrayer on Running Man. It didn't matter if he was busy or not, if one of his close hyungs or noonas needed him, he wouldn't think twice about it...well, except if his life could be in danger. "Every man for himself!", he would give as an excuse.

By the time he reached Haha's appartment complex, the rain was pouring heavily. Water had seeped through his clothing; even his underwear was wet!

The elevator was out of order, he had to use the stairs.

"Aish! 14 flights of stairs?! This is such a bad day!" Kwang Soo cursed under his breath.

Alas, he finally arrived to his destination. Wet and tired, but he still made it.

"Dong Hoon hyung! Dong Hoon hyung! Are you okay?" Kwang Soo rang the doorbell repeatedly and banged on his door.

The door opened, and out of it emerged a dapper Haha, all cleaned up, wearing a suit and a a bow tie.

Kwang Soo was speechless. 

"Hyung! I thought something happened to you...?" Kwang Soo tried to understand the situation.

Haha ignored him and yelled at someone in his appartment.

"He's here, hyung. Can I leave now?"

"Yeah, have a nice evening!" an easily recognizable voice shouted back.

Jong Kook hyung?

Kwang Soo was lost.

What on earth is happening here?!?

"Uh...hyung, where are you going?" Kwang Soo asked.

"Tonight, I'm going to propose to Go Eun! I'm so nervous!" Haha said, gulping thrice in the same sentence.

"...Why did you ask me to come then? You said it was an emergency!" Kwang Soo exploded, he wanted an answer.

"Well, I was supposed to help Jong Kook create a twitter account with his brand new laptop. Since he's a computer illiterate person, I had my day all booked up to teach him how to do that but I forgot it was today! So the first person whom I thought of and trusted completely to teach Jong Kook hyung was you!" Haha tried to gain the framer's sympathy.

"...Okay, hyung. I'm going to do you this favor, but you owe me! I left Ji Hyo noona all alone because I thought it was a matter of life or death!" Kwang Soo exclaimed, still feeling bad about ditching Ji Hyo earlier.

"Ah really? I'll make up for it another time, I'm already running late! See you later Kwang Soo...or not!" Haha grinned, feeling excited but nervous about asking Byul to marry him.

As Haha left, Kwang Soo looked around his living room. There were many pictures of Haha and Byul. 

Dong Hoon hyung is going to get married, Gary hyung and Ji Hyo noona are together, Jae Suk hyung and Suk Jin hyung have been blissfully married for a few years... Maybe it's time I settle down too...Where's my future girlfriend at? Should I ask out that pretty girl from the salon?

Kwang Soo was still thinking about whether or not to call the hair dresser girl when his thoughts got interrupted by Jong Kook's voice.

"What's that about Ji Hyo?" Jong Kook asked trying to turn on the computer.

"I asked noona to meet me at hyung's restaurant to talk about Maritime Police Marco, but then I got a call from Dong Hoon hyung, so I rushed over here." Kwang Soo quickly summed up the situation.

Jong Kook nodded and went back to figuring out how his laptop worked.

"But hyung, I think Ji Hyo noona is hiding something. She has been acting weird for a few weeks, like, she's always tired and lost in her own thoughts. And when I ask her what's going on, she says she just hasn't been sleeping well. That is such a lie since Ji Hyo noona can pratically fall asleep anywhere, anytime!" Kwang Soo reasoned.

"After seeing her today, I think I know why she hasn't been herself these days..." Kwang Soo started, giving Jong Kook a "I-have-solved-the-mystery" look.

Jong Kook thought there was no point in hiding the fact that Monday couple was not a couple anymore since everyone would find out sooner or later.

"She's pregnant with Gary hyung's baby."

"Gary broke up with her."

Kwang Soo and Jong Kook said at the same time.

"WHAT?!? Since when?" shouted a very shocked Kwang Soo.

"The day Gary left Korea." Jong Kook answered as a matter of fact.

"Is she okay now?" the giraffe was worried for his noona. He cared for her a lot, he treated her as his blood related sister.

"Well, she seems fine now, even though she had a breakdown two weeks ago..." Jong Kook answered. Thinking back to that day made his heart flutter.

"Are we the only ones who know?" Kwang Soo was a bit disappointed that Ji Hyo didn't tell him first, but he was understanding, she was closer to Jong Kook afterall.

"Yeah, don't tell the others, they'll find out on their own when Gary comes back." Jong Kook asked of Kwang Soo to keep it a secret.

"How did you manage to cheer up noona?" Kwang Soo was very curious.

"I didn't do anything, I just let her borrow my shoulder and she cried without holding back. And...we hugged...for a long time." Jong Kook replied, his ears turning red.

Ahhh...So that's what happened...I knew something was going on between hyung and noona...Looks like I'll have to keep an eye on them..

"Hyung, what I'm about to ask you might be a bit personal but I just really have to make sure of something..." Kwang Soo started, hesitantly.

 
"Sure, ask away." said Jong Kook, already aware of the question Kwang Soo was going to ask.
 
"Do you have feelings for Ji Hyo noona?"
 
"Yes. Yes I do." Jong answered, not wanting to hide the truth anymore. 
 
"Is it love...or lust?" Kwang Soo whispered the last part.
 
"Yah! Kwang Soo, how could you say that? Of course it's love!" answered Jong Kook, realizing too late what he just said.
 
"I mean...I guess it's love..." Jong Kook said, confused.
 
"What does that mean?" Kwang Soo asked, trying to make Jong Kook acknowledge his feelings for Ji Hyo.
 
A long silence ensued.
 
"Seeing her happy makes me happy. When she smiles, the whole room lights up and I can't stop looking at her. When she's upset, I just want to cheer her up and make her dorky smile crawl back on her face. When she cries, I can't help it; I want to hold her and comfort her." Jong Kook said, looking at Kwang Soo.
 
Ahhhh, that hyung really fell hard for her...
 
"I don't understand why I have feelings for her. I mean, she's Gary's girlfriend!" Jong Kook was frustrated with himself.
 
"Was. She was Gary hyung's girlfriend. It's not your fault, hyung, you can't control it. Sometimes, it happens when you least expect it and with a person you would've never thought of." Kwang Soo said, sharing his vast love experiences.
 
"You don't find love, love finds you, hyung. And I think that you should tell Ji Hyo noona what you feel for her when you're ready. For now, you might think that it's only an innocent crush and that a confession is unecessary but, trust me, you will regret it later. When you love a woman, you should hold onto her. Love is rare and when it finds you, well...you're a really lucky person." Kwang Soo continued, sincerely hoping that Jong Kook might get his happy ending.
 
Jong Kook was speechless. Since when had Kwang Soo been so wise? His dumb and foolish dongsaeng's words touched him.
 
"Kwang Soo-ah...I know it's kind of off topic but...have you ever written love columns in newspapers?" Jong Kook asked, wondering how his dongsaeng had so much knowledge about love.
 
"No, hyung. It comes from personal experience." Kwang Soo answered back, with a nostalgic smile on his face.
 
The Commander might have lived longer but all his past relationships don't even amount to half of Kwang Soo's experience with ladies. He might give off a "forever alone" image on Running Man, but Kwang Soo was pretty popular amongst women, thanks to his quietly caring personality. Unfortunately, he was often friendzoned; in other words, he had a lot of one-sided love. He had never confessed to anyone before and regretted it. When he met his female friends at their high school reunion, they told him that if he had mustered up enough courage to ask them on a date when he was younger, they would've said yes. From then on, Kwang Soo learned his lesson and would confess as soon as he made sure of his feelings.
 
"Sometimes, before falling asleep, I ask myself what if I had done that, how would my life be different? Living with regrets is something very unpleasant, hyung." Kwang Soo continued.
 
"What if she doesn't like me back? Our relationship won't ever be the same...I'd rather keep Ji Hyo as a friend than a complete stranger." Jong Kook told Kwang Soo.
 
Jong Kook was never a man who would talk about his worries so openly. He always kept everything to himself, until he met his bestfriends: Cha Tae Hyun and Jang Hyuk. He thought of them as brothers, brothers who often bicker but always forgave each other in the end. He wanted to talk to them about his problems but Cha Tae Hyun was busy promoting his newest movie while Jang Hyuk was in another country filming his drama. He didn't want to bother them so he kept silent. He used his new laptop as an excuse to tell Haha about his dilemma, but his trustworthy dongsaeng bailed on him. Instead, Kwang Soo became his therapist. He wasn't sure he wanted to tell Kwang Soo since he was much younger and he might give immature advice, but he knew his dongsaeng could be very attentive and resourceful.
 
"You won't know unless you ask, hyung." Kwang Soo persisted, firmly standing his ground.
 
"I..." Jong Kook wanted to talk back but he knew it was no use.
 
"Okay, you win. I will ask Ji Hyo. Not now but sometime soon." Jong Kook finally gave in.
 
"Don't think about it too long." Kwang Soo said, patting Jong Kook's shoulder.
 
"At time like this, I feel like I'm your hyung." Kwang Soo chortled.
 
"I'm really thankful for your advice, Kwang Soo-ah." Jong Kook said, as he hugged Kwang Soo.
 
"I'd do anything for you, hyung." Kwang Soo hugged him back, sniffing his scent.
 
"Okay...It's starting to get slightly awkward Kwang Soo." Jong Kook laughed, letting go of the giraffe.
 
"Aeee hyung! That's what we, youngsters, call bromance!" Kwang Soo grinned, holding onto Jong Kook's bicep.