Doubt Is The First Step Towards The Truth

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

Time might heal wounds but there will always be some scars left.

Jong Kook knew that very well. The first time he was heartbroken, he swore to himself that he would never ever fall in love again. However, the heart wants what the heart wants. He could control his thoughts but not his feelings, and so when he saw Yoon Eun Hye, he knew he was doomed. After her, came Hyori then Ye Jin, and the most recent heartache he got was from Ji Min. He was eventually able to stand up strong again after each and every one of his relationship ended, thanks to intense training sessions and harsh diets. He would do everything to keep his mind from wandering in the past. 

"Is it my fault that all my relationships end up in failure? Am I too demanding? Should I just stop dating and go to a dating agency?"

All these thoughts were roaming in Jong Kook's head causing him a headache. He was getting older and older, time was ticking. His mind started drifting off to all the times he could've spent meeting potential wives instead of going to the gym, sculpting his body.

If it hadn't been for Ji Hyo, Gary and Haha, Jong Kook would still be remniscing about his days with Ji Min and blaming himself for their breakup. During his post-breakup days, the three friends would invite Jong Kook to join them for breakfast, dinner and supper to make sure he wouldn't feel lonely. But as time passed, Haha got busier because of his new album which was coming out very soon. He could only join them once in awhile. And then, it was Gary's turn. He often had to stay late at his company to sort out some things with Gil. When Haha was available, Gary wasn't and vice-versa. The only one who had no schedule was Ji Hyo. She was alrealdy "booked" for a romantic comedy/ thriller-action movie but the search for the male lead was still happening, so she was on vacation.

The first time Ji Hyo and Jong Kook were left alone, Gary was a bit uneasy. The three of them were at Gary's restaurant having a meal and chatting when Gary got an urgent phone call from his company. He was reluctant about leaving. It's not that he didn't trust his girlfriend with his best friend, it's just that they looked so comfortable and natural around each other, more than he was with Ji Hyo. He didn't want to admit it, but they made a pretty good-looking couple.

Ever since the day Ji Hyo ran to Jong Kook in the lounge room, Gary couldn't shake off that weird feeling taking over him.

A few weeks earlier

"Are you okay Gary-Hyung?" Haha asked for the third time as he shook Gary's shoulder.

There, a few meters in front, Ji Hyo was sitting across Jong Kook, holding his hand. She was looking deep into his eyes, her forehead wrinkled with worry and guilt. Jong Kook was also staring at her, like a lost puppy.

He couldn't hear what they were saying and he didn't really care. Actions speak louder than words. And so when he saw Jong Kook hugging Ji Hyo, his heart sank a little more. Gary was ashamed of himself for wanting Ji Hyo to let go of Jong Kook, even though he really needed a hug from someone. He had to stop himself from sprinting over there and pulling them apart.

"It's just a friendly hug, Ji Hyo is comforting Jong Kook hyung. Nothing more, nothing less." Gary reassured himself.

Haha was looking at Gary's line of vision and saw Ji Hyo and Jong Kook hugging. 

"That must be why Gary hyung is not answering me..." Haha thought as he stared in the distance.

"Let's go, hyung." Haha said as he put his arm around Gary's shoulders and squeezed his arm.

"It's fine, hyung. Jong Kook hyung would never steal Ji Hyo away from you, he knows how much she means to you." Haha told Gary, in a doubtful tone, which he tried to mask.

Gary was worried now. He thought that he was only seeing things because he was jealous, but if Haha noticed too, that meant that maybe something was forming between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. 

As they sat down next to the pair, Ji Hyo reached out to grab Gary's hand. From her touch only, all of Gary's previous thoughts about her and his hyung disappeared. He felt like they were the only ones in the world. He saw move but he heard nothing but their song in his head: the girl who can't break up, the boy who can't leave.

"...Okay, oppa? Did you hear what I just said?" Ji Hyo questionned Gary, while pinching his hand.

"Uh, yeah, of course." Gary snapped back to reality.

"Good then, we'll all meet tomorrow at 10 at your house!" Ji Hyo concluded, with a smile on her face.

"Uh, sure.." Gary replied, hesitantly, as he gave Haha a what's-that-about look.

Haha understood and texted him with the explanation he needed.

We're going to your house to have breakfast and to cheer up Jong Kook hyung.