Candy Alliance Day

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

A few months have gone by since Ji Hyo and Gary reconciled. They have maintained a close friendship and to the eyes of the Running Man members, they looked like lovebirds. Apart from the Commander and the Framer, no one was aware of the current status of the relationship between the Ace and her Monday Boyfriend. 

"Winter is coming." Jae Suk whispered as he took a sip of hot chocolate topped with marshmallows. He looked longingly outside the coffee shop and adjusted his glasses on his nose.

"Oppa. Winter is already here. It's snowing heaps out there!" Ji Hyo scoffed as she drank her coffee.

Jae Suk turned around and gazed at her deeply. Ji Hyo stared at him, almost choking on her drink.

"Oppa...You're so ugly!" She chuckled heartily. The Nation's MC face reminded her of that time they acted as a couple to play a 1 vs 10 game against Kim Min Jong (ep22). That was the first "christmas" the Running family celebrated together. Two years have passed and the 25th of december was once again around the corner.

"Song Ji Hyo!" Jae Suk feigned hurt and indignation.

The actress laughed even harder seeing how bad her oppa's acting was.

"Yah. I didn't ask you to meet me here so you can mock me, ungrateful woman!" Jae Suk joked as he took a bite out of his vanilla cupcake.

"What did you want to talk about?" Ji Hyo asked intensely eyeing his food.

"Well, I'm inviting you and the others over to my house for a christmas party!" Jae Suk explained as he gave her half of his cupcake.

"Oppa, won't that bother Kyeong Eun unnie? She must be tired from working and taking care of your son!" Ji Hyo exclaimed, worrying about Jae Suk's wife and their 2 year old son.

"She's the one who suggested that idea! Plus, Ji Ho loves you guys! He has been constantly asking me when he'll see Kwang Soo again. He has so many giraffe toys, it's unbelievable! He even creates his own stories and coincidentally, they all take place in the Serengeti!" Jae Suk informed his female dongsaeng, too busy eating her cupcake.

"Ji Ho is such an adorable kid, he must have watched a lot of Running Man episodes!" Ji Hyo chuckled, as she wiped clean.

"He takes his adorable personality after me and his looks after his mom." Jae Suk laughed along, missing his son even though he left home less than an hour ago.

"Thank God for that! If he looked like you, oppa...That'd be troublesome!" Ji Hyo teased the speechless Grasshopper.

"Yah, Song Ji Hyo! Why are you always making fun of my looks? You're such a child! You even eat like one!" Jae Suk snorted as he cleaned off the cupcake icing on the corner of with his thumb.

"Omo. Oppa. What you just did reminded me of Hyun Bin in Secret Garden. You know, in that scene where he kisses the foam on her lips?" Ji Hyo told him, squealing.

"You're still not over him? That drama ended a year ago! Isn't Gary jealous that your crush on Hyun Bin is still alive?" Jae Suk asked pitying Gary who has to put up with the Ace's intense Hyun Bin worshipping.

"Uhh..." Ji Hyo mumbled, fumbling with the napkin on the table.

Jae Suk could see that Ji Hyo was hiding something. He knew her like the back of his hand, she was one of his closest female dongsaeng, if not the closest, after all. He was the only one who could manage to calm her down when she was furious because of a betrayal on their show. She reminded him a lot of his wife; fiery but soft-hearted. No wonder they got along so well! When she hung out with Kyeong Eun at their house, it was as if two Ji Hyo/ Kyeong Eun were there, which caused a lot of stress to Jae Suk. He loved his wife but when she was in Ji Hyo's company, he was treated like a slave! He couldn't say anything because everytime he tried to defy their orders, they would give him murderous looks. 

"Oppa." Ji Hyo said softly.

"You can tell me. I know there's something." Jae Suk tried to make eye contact.

"Gary oppa and I... We decided to break up." Ji Hyo waited for his comments, expecting him to be shocked and bombard her with questions.

"Ahh. Really? Are you okay?" Yoomes Bond asked the Actress, concerned about her mental state. He was no stranger to breakups; he got dumped so many times when he was younger! He was afraid Ji Hyo might be depressed just like he was when his first love broke up with him.

"I'm alright. It's been awhile so it's almost completely healed." She smiled as she pointed to her heart.

"It's a good thing you told me or it would've been awkward at the party..." Jae Suk murmured.

"What would be awkward?" A curious Ji Hyo asked.

"Kyeong Eun planned to talk Gary into buying an engagement ring for you." He continued, ratting on his meddling wife.

"She was worried that if you marry late, you won't have a lot of...opportunities to have kids." Jae Suk grinned, looking for the right word.

"That unnie worries too much." Ji Hyo blushed, at the thought of her oppa and her unnie talking about her "baby-making factory".

"Back to the party now. You're coming right?" Jae Suk asked as he threw his scarf around his neck.

"Of course! I wouldn't miss it for anything!" Ji Hyo answered as she flashed him her pearly whites.

They both left the coffee shop and went into the toy store next door.

Jae Suk skipped through the aisles, his childhood memories flooding back to his mind. Ji Hyo frantically searched for something in her coat's pockets, she looked behind her, panic-stricken. She left the shop without Jae Suk noticing and went straight to the table she sat at in the coffee house. She asked the baristas if they had seen the item she lost and they gave her a negative answer. She returned to the toy store with a frown on her distraught face.

"Ji Hyo-ah, where were you? One minute you were right behind me, and the next one, you were gone! I really need to put a bell on you." Jae Suk nagged as he ruffled his worrisome dongsaeng's hair.

"I lost my phone!" Ji Hyo furrowed her eyebrows.

"Ji Hyo. Everytime we go out together, you always manage to lose something." Jae Suk shook his head disapprovingly.

"Oppa, now is not the time for you to lecture me! I'm waiting for an urgent phone call!" Ji Hyo stomped her feet and gestured wildly.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk. I knew you were going to forget something on the table so I took it with me." Jae Suk handed her her phone.

"You should thank me. Who knows what's in there? Imagine what would happen if someone disclosed your photos and personal information to the medias!" Jae Suk continued as he gave her a stern look.

"What does that mean? You think I take provocative pictures of myself with my cellphone?!" Ji Hyo shouted, outraged that the older man thought she was that kind of girl.

"...Whether you do that or not, it doesn't concern me. But if you do, please don't tell me, it's too much information!" Jae Suk whined as he playfully covered his eyes.

"Oppa! You know I wouldn't do that!" Ji Hyo cried out, embarrassed. 

"I know, I know, I'm just messing with you." Jae Suk laughed as Ji Hyo glared at him. 

"I'm telling unnie." Ji Hyo's tone was icy cold.

"Wh-Who's call are you waiting for?" He stuttered, avoiding her anger-filled eyes.  He choked on his saliva and abruptly changed subjects. Boy was he going to get yelled at as soon as he went home! Whose idea was it to introduce these two powerful women one to another? Oh yeah, it was his idea and he sometimes blamed his misery on himself.

"Jong Kook oppa." She answered, checking her messages.

"Ah..What's urgent about that phone call? Hm?" Jae Suk questionned, intrigued.

"Uh, nothing much." Ji Hyo answered back, trying to divert his attention by touching all sorts of noisy toys around her.

"Oppa, what does Ji Ho want for christmas?" She quickly said as she went up the stairs in front of him.

"Anything related to giraffes!" Yooruce Willis yelled.

As Ji Hyo reached the second floor of the shop, her phone vibrated in her pocket.

 

Let's give us a chance, Ji Hyo-ah. I'm taking you on a date tomorrow.

- Kookie Oppa.