Jong Kook, Victim Of Love

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

"Is it because you won't be able to see Gary for two months? Don't worry time wil go by quickly." Jong Kook gave a small sympathetic smile.

He knew it was a lie. When you're far away from the one person who makes your heart skip a beat, you feel like as if the world is crumbling down.

When Han Ji Min was filming her drama with Yoo Chun, Jong Kook was not jealous. He knew she was only acting and their relationship was only of mere friends. But when the drama ended and Yoo Chun treated everyone of Rooftop Prince to a week-long well-deserved vacation to Okinawa, in Japan, Jong Kook started getting worried. He knew he'd miss her like crazy since they wouldn't be able to see each other physically. He was afraid of that one sentence he had heard before: far from the eyes, far from the heart. 

"You can always give him a call or facetime with him! Sure, it's not the same as having Gary right next to you, but that will get you through those two months!" Jong Kook continued, trying to cheer her up.

Ji Hyo hesitated whether or not to tell Jong Kook about Gary breaking up with her. 

"We're over." Ji Hyo whispered, inaudibly. Her voice was trembling from sorrow and it took a lot of effort to stop the tears that were forming in her eyes.

She heard nothing from Jong Kook, so she looked up to meet his eyes and saw complete disbelief.

"What are you talking about? You guys were perfectly fine this afternoon!" Jong Kook stated, not understanding how they could have broken up.

Kwang Soo, having finally found a box of tissue, approached them and tried to eavesdrop subtly.

"I'm not ready to tell the others yet, Jong Kook-ah." Ji Hyo murmured as she eyed Kwang Soo and Haha.

Jong Kook nodded and told the guys that he could take care of Ji Hyo and that they could go home.

"That's kind of weird...What can noona tell Jong Kook hyung that she can't tell us...?" Kwang Soo wondered, as he left the building with Haha.

"Dong Hoon hyung, don't you think it's strange that Jong Kook hyung told us to leave and stayed with Ji Hyo...alone?"

Kwang Soo wanted to see if Haha had the same suspicions as him. Was Ji Hyo cheating on Gary with Jong Kook? Were they in a love triangle?

"Yah! What are you thinking, you dirty-minded giraffe?" Haha shouted as he hit Kwang Soo's head.

"Aeee hyung! That's not what I meant!" Kwang Soo huffed as he put his hands on his hips, his ears red from understanding what Haha implied.

Haha laughed heartily, he really enjoyed teasing his tall dongsaeng.

"I know, I know, I'm only messing with you! I can assure you that not a single particle in Jong Kook's body is attracted to Ji Hyo's boyish personality." Haha said as he hailed a cab.

"Don't worry about them, they're adults and know what they can and cannot do. Plus, Ji Hyo is going out with Gary." Haha said, as he hopped in the taxi and gestured at Kwang Soo to sit next to him.

"What if Kwang Soo was right and Jong Kook hyung really had feelings for Ji Hyo...?" Haha wondered as he texted Jae Suk.

Meanwhile, back in the karaoke room.

"...Let's break up! Oppa texted me that and some unintelligible nonsense after." Ji Hyo sobbed as she recalled the events that happened earlier this afternoon.

Jong Kook didn't know what to do. Take Gary's side because he is a dongsaeng whom he totally trusts? Or side with Ji Hyo, his...friend...? For whom he feels weird things sometimes?

"Kim Jong Kook! Get a hold of yourself. Ji Hyo likes Gary!" Jong Kook had to remind himself as he helped Ji Hyo stand up.

"What exactly is that unintelligible nonsense?" Jong Kook asked as Ji Hyo took out her cellphone and showed him the text message.

I love you, I really do. But I'm not the only one who does. And I know, I'm not the only one in your heart.

Jong Kook couldn't believe what he just read. Could it be that Gary knew about his feelings for Ji Hyo all along? What did the second part of the sentence mean? Ji Hyo liked someone other than Gary?

"Could it be...me...?" Jong Kook's heart pounded against his chest. His hands started to get clammy.

Jong Kook was aware that Ji Hyo was off-limits, he couldn't possibly even think about going out with her. For god's sake, she was and might still be his dongsaeng's girlfriend!

"Stop being delusional! You will never be together" Jong Kook yelled out loud, his outburst directed to himself.

"W-Why? You think that Gary will never come back for me?" Ji Hyo asked, teary-eyed, thinking that what Jong Kook just said was meant for her.

"Errrrr...No, I mean,you will never be together again unless you sort out your feelings for the other person you have in your heart." Jong Kook recovered his mistake.

Sparta Kook's voice was intoxicating. Ji Hyo was already way too drunk and was about to pass out. She could listen to him all day long, his voice was just so soothing. He continued talking and talking, Ji Hyo slowly lost focus, her eyelids droopy with fatigue and her mind drifting to slumberland. If it wasn't for Jong Kook's strong arms holding her up, she would have landed on the ground and hurt herself.

Jong Kook was surprised at first, but then he realized how she fit perfectly in his arms; her small body against his chest, her silky hair tickling his face and her sweet scent overpowering his nose. Her face was a mess though, her mascara wasn't waterproof and after rubbing her eyes so much, she looked like a dirty raccoon. He could hear her snores faintly.

"She looks so angelic when she's sleeping.", Jong Kook marveled at her beauty, despite her ruined makeup. He put a strand of hair behind her ears and ran his thumb over her soft cheeks.

He inched closer to her face to have a better look at her features. If he didn't do it now, when would he ever get the chance to do so?

Jong Kook wanted to do something that he knew was forbidden; kiss her.

His face was so close to hers that their lips were less than 6 cm apart.