Ji Hyo, Haha, Joong Ki, Jong Kook & Suk Jin

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

Jae Suk and Suk Jin were still at home, waiting for Haha's call. They couldn't focus on anything else except their two dongsaengs' relationship. Jae Suk was still so shocked by the news that he didn't even notice his son drawing on the white walls of Suk Jin's living room.

Now that Suk Jin thought about it, he wondered how he could have missed all the signs.

From the first day Ji Hyo joined Running Man, he knew some of his castmates would fall for her. No one can deny the fact that the longer they look at her, the prettier she becomes. Ji Hyo had something about her that attracted a lot of men. Suk Jin knew that the first one who would fall head over heels for her would either be Haha or Joong Ki. And he was right. A few weeks after the program aired its first episode, Suk Jin noticed that Haha would often tease the way she looked and steal glances at her while they were filming. He thought his eyes were deceiving him, so when he came home, he watched the broadcast attentively and ended up with the same conclusion; Haha was in love with Ji Hyo.

After Haha, came Joong Ki and Gary, both seeming to like her. They would often battle it out on screen, trying to make Ji Hyo choose one of them. Joong Ki is a very handsome guy, indeed, however Gary always seemed to win. Ji Hyo only thought of Joong Ki as a little brother and she made sure he understood that by her actions. She was very caring towards him despite her non-romantic feelings and that may be the reason Joong Ki misinterpreted. He would wipe food away from her lips, hold her hands and place a loose strand of hair behind her ears whenever he had the opportunity. Ji Hyo didn't think much of it and continued to do whatever she was doing but Haha and Gary noticed. Joong ki was slowly falling for her.

As for Gary, he was, and still is, as transparent as water. If he was the one who was dating Ji Hyo, no one would be surprised. Jae Suk and Suk Jin were expecting that to happen in the near future. When they heard that Ji Hyo was going out with her company's CEO, Baek Chang Joo, they were worried about Gary. They thought he would be devastated but they were wrong. He was pretty down and not his usual loud self for the first couple of days, but he got better and eventually returned to being the Gary everyone loves.

Suk Jin never imagined for one second that Jong Kook would be the one who'd end up with her. Sure, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo got along very well and were very touchy with each other but he thought that was just their personality. Ji Hyo did like touching other people's arm and hands, not to mention pulling their hair. 

As weeks turned into months, Suk Jin started feeling slightly uncomfortable whenever he was standing between Jong Kook and Ji Hyo. Whenever Myuk PD was giving them the instructions about the game they were about to play, the two of them would stand next to each other. If they were on the same team and she was playing against the others, he would give her a pat on the back to tell her she did good or try to help her by extending a hand. After he watched the episode with Suzy (Search for the fateful couple of five years) and saw Jong Kook giving Ji Hyo a back hug to prevent her for escaping, he was officially suspicious of the relationship between the two of them.

Suk Jin was still deep in thought, when Jae Suk slapped his thigh.

"Did you hear what I just said, hyung?" asked Jae Suk, for the umpteenth time.

"Uh, yeah, you said something about...adopting a dog..?" guessed Suk Jin, aware he was saying nonsense.

Jae Suk raised his eyebrows and ignored his friend's answer.

"Let's go, Jong Kook wants to talk to all of us."

"What about the kids? We can't leave them here without parental surveillance!" Suk Jin exclaimed.

"We'll take them with us, I'm sure Jong Kook won't mind." replied Jae Suk, as he's packing his son's toys in his bag.

Jae Suk and Suk Jin finally arrived in front of Jong Kook's house, after an hour stuck in traffic. A lot of reporters were waiting outside for Jong Kook to make his appearance. In order to avoid them, the Suk brothers and their offsprings disguised themselves and quietly walked past them, into the appartment's lobby and into the elevator to Jong Kook's house.
 
While waiting for their friends' arrival, Ji Hyo was replying to all the texts she got concerning her relationship with Jong Kook.
 
From Han Ji Min: Ji Hyo unnie, are you dating Jong Kook for real? I'm so happy for you ^^
 
From Kim Jae Joong: Noona, is it true? You're in a relationship with Jong Kook hyung? What about meee? :P 
 
From Lee Dong Wook: I just saw the news! I knew it! I just did! hehehe ^^ 
 
And the list goes on.
 
"Who would've thought that my love life would be so interesting?" chuckled Ji Hyo, underestimating her popularity.
 
Ji Hyo actually felt relieved that the news about her dating Jong Kook was out. She didn't have to pretend to treat Jong Kook as a simple friend anymore while filming Running Man. Even though she was happy, she still feared the fans' reaction. Would they accept the fact that the Monday Couple is not possible once again? Would Gary quit the show out of the blue again? She didn't want the show to lose any viewers and be cancelled because of her decision. She didn't want to bring down everyone just because she was in love. Not living up to people's expectation is what she hated the most in life, especially if it's her close ones. It's thanks to Running Man that Kwang Soo, Gary, Suk Jin and herself were able to make a name for themselves in the variety world. She'd feel responsible if they lost something that they all cherish.
 
The longer Ji Hyo thought about it, the more consequences she thought of. And slowly, the smile on her face turned into a frown. Jong Kook, who was also replying to his texts, noticed his ace's change of expression. He stopped what he was doing and walked up next to her.
 
"Ji Hyo-ah, what's wrong?" he said, looking into her big eyes.
 
"Oppa, do you think that the fact that we're going out is going to ruin Running Man?" Ji Hyo asked, worried.
 
"Is that what you're concerned about? I'm sure nothing bad will happen. But we still have to be prepared for the worst." said Jong Kook, patting Ji Hyo's shoulder comfortingly. 
 
There was no doubt that Jong Kook was the bravest man out of all the male Running Man members. He looked like a big scary wrestler and never hesitated to hurt and brutalize somebody. Except when those somebodies were ladies. Jong Kook has always been weak around people of the opposite gender and he admitted that a number of times. Sometimes, when there were lady guests and he was one of the last people remaining, he would make sure Ji Hyo ripped off their nametag so that he could later rip off hers. He often fell bad about eliminating her, after seeing how pitiful she looked, especially when she was grabbing his legs or begging for him to let her go.
 
He used to be weak around Ji Hyo when they were still in the stages of knowing each other. Her big eyes, her dancing and her little-bit-too-wide forehead eventually got to him. He wondered how he could have not noticed her sooner. When he finally realized he had feelings for her, he decided to take action. During filming, he would hold her hand when she reached for his, he would stand next to her and whisper things in her ears. Of course, none of that was shown due to the show's time restraint. But Running Man fans were smart, they could figure out a lot of things from the way SpartAce acted around each other. Handholding didn't look suspicious between Ji Hyo and Kwangsoo, but if it was between her and Jong Kook, it seemed like it always lasted a little too long before they released the other's hand. Those small gestures became increasingly more frequent in every episode and fans noticed, oh yeah, they really did.
 
One day, Jong Kook was searching online "SpartAce couple" and found out that a lot of people shipped that pairing. He felt very happy about it, seeing that he beat Joong Ki, the pretty boy. Even though Ji Hyo and him were closer than ever, he wanted something more. He wanted to be with her. Since his skills with ladies were not exactly up to point, he feared he'd be rejected and their relationship would never be the same again.
 
So when Ji Hyo told him she liked him too, it came as a huge surprise to him.