Oddity

Running Man Members Kim Jong Kook And Song Ji Hyo Are Dating?

"A few weeks after Gary decided his heart could finally let go of Ji Hyo, Haha came banging at his door like a crazy psychotic drunkard again, just like the last time, when Ji Hyo was allegedly cheating on his beloved friend.

"Ha Dong Hoon, you bastard, what do you want?!" Gary shouted, extremely irritated as he had just fallen asleep less than an hour ago. Working on his music messed up his sleeping schedule so bad that, to him, three in the afternoon was considered morning.

As he aggressively ruffled his own bedhair, Gary dragged himself to the sofa while adjusting the drawstrings on the shorts that he put on in a hurry after hearing the doorbell. Why did clothing have to exist? Why couldn't everyone walk around ? Having no fabric on your body was the best kind of feeling! As he shared the pros of proudly flaunting his junk for the whole world to see, the slightly disturbed Haroro cut him off in his speech and carried out what he had intented to do on this fine day.

"Yah! Why are you always coming here when you should be tending to your four months pregnant wife's needs? " Gary reprimanded as the younger male adverted his eyes guiltyly before shoving his phone in front of the rapper's face. 

"But it's of the highest importance, hyung!" Haha insisted, agitated by the page that just finished loading on his mobile device. "Look!"

Gary did as told, his eyes scrolling down the screen of what seemed to be a Running Man forum. "Did you come all the way here for this? Dong Hoon-ah, I know that there are tons of forums dedicated to the show. I can navigate my way through the internet fine! Did you mistake me for Jong Kook hyung? He's the one who doesn't even know how to print things!" Gary was confused as to why this father-to-be rushed here for such a meaningless purpose. Perhaps was he running away from his expecting wife? He had a lot of weight on his shoulders with making sure that Byul and him were ready for the baby's arrival. Gary wondered if he had been too harsh on him.

"Dong Hoon-ah, tell me the truth," He tried, more gentle this time. "You came here with this silly excuse because you wanted to escape Byul and not have to think about your baby for a few hours. Am I right?"

Haha scratched his head and with a sheepish expression, he sighed. "Yes...Byul craves food that cannot be found in this country! How am I suppose to get what she wants when she wants it? It's not like I can hop on a plane everytime she feels like eating authentic Pad Thai!"

Gary chuckled as Haha went into insane mode, tugging at his hair and displaying a mentally unstable expression, his eyes darting erratically around the room. "Hyung, hurry! Grab a camera and record me! After two years, Haroro the movie star is finally having a comeback!" 

The good friends both laughed heartily, reminiscing about the days when this persona of Haha was so popular.

Haha smiled before remembering what mission he had to carry out. ''In all seriousness, hyung, I came here to show you something that really got me thinking about an important subject matter.''

''Go ahead,'' Gary said as he invited him to sit on one of his kitchen stools.

''Well, you see, I've been surfing the internet for any suggestions to improve our show because as you probably know, the ratings have been a bit disappointing lately. Imagine my surprise when I stumbled upon this gem called SpartAce fanclub while I was diligently trying to save our jobs.''

Gary hummed as he stretched his cramping leg on Haha's shoulder, the latter one unfazed by his hyung's weird morning exercises.

''What's that?'' He said, while Haha feverishly tapped on the refresh button.

''Oh my god, hyung, it's like the craziest thing ever! Basically, it's a forum dedicated to the relationship between Jong Kook hyung and Ji Hyo,'' Haha explained as he scrolled down the screen. ''There are tons of screencaps of incriminating SpartAce moments! And let me tell you, they are not platonic at all according to the fans and my keen eyes! Here, let me show you.''

Gary rotated his sore neck, barely paying attention to the pictures only because he wanted to put Haha's scandal-seeking mind to rest. Slowly, but steadily, Gary stopped his morning stretches, now perplexed but relieved in front of the evidence he had always been looking for.

"So that's what's been going on while I wasn't looking," He though, finally seeing the signs he missed. "That's how it happened."

"You see it too, right?" Haha pointed to the gif in which Jong Kook could be seen patting Ji Hyo's head worriedly before making fleeting eye contact with the camera filming him. "The day that episode aired, SpartAce shippers must've gone ballistic!"

Gary nodded in agreement, a question still lingering on his mind. "I might be overthinking it but don't you think it's strange that Ji Hyo is with her CEO? I mean they both told me they liked one another so, what gives?" 

Haha huffed, wide-eyed, incredulous and slightly hurt. "WHAT? Hyung, excuse me, but what the hell?" He paced around the kitchen area gesturing wildly as if he was arguing with an imaginary person. "How come no one told me? It's because I'm short, isn't it? ISN'T IT?!"

Seeing how Haha was burning with fiery anger, Gary thought it would be wise not to tell him about Kwang Soo's involvement in this complicated love triangle. Or love square. Ah, he didn't even know anymore! Exactly how many people got bewitched by Ji Hyo?

"Yah, you can't tell anyone. No one can know about what I just told you," Gary eyed him intensely. "Until Jong Kook hyung and Ji Hyo decide to tell everybody, you have to pretend you're clueless." 

Haha rubbed his prickly chin, deep in thoughts. "But...she's dating her boss. Why would she say that she's dating her boss if she's actually with Jong Kook hyung?"

"See? That's what I find so odd." 

The two men sat in silence, staring into nothingness. 

Haha was glad that, for awhile, Jong Kook had let someone in, even though it was his old conquest. The muscled man had been single for so long, Haha wondered if he would truly live the remaining of his days without a woman by his side. He had largely gone over the acceptable age limit for being single. However, knowing that, even for a short amount of time, Ji Hyo might have paid his tiger hyung company in his otherwise lonely daily life really warmed his heart. If Jong Kook was to settle down right now, Ji Hyo would be Haha's first choice as Jong Kook's wife.

Gary stood up and put on his sneakers, thinking a walk would take his mind off the mystery, which frankly, had nothing to do with him. "I'm going to the mart. Want something?"

"No, thanks. I'm just going to chill here for awhile," Haha answered, his fingers reaching for the tablet he flung away earlier out of blinding rage. 

As soon as Gary left, Haha opened the tab containing the SpartAce water game gif and zoomed on it. Maybe if he watched it carefully, he might see something that he couldn't see before. What exactly he was looking for, he had no idea. He was weirdly hung up on the SpartAce couple.

Haha clicked his tongue repeatedly as he scanned the moving image. "Song Ji Hyo, you really are quite something. First, Gary and now, Jong Kook!"

And then, as he looked closely at the gif, he saw another flicker of something from the eyes of a player who had been sitting on the bench all that time.

Haha put his hands to his gaping mouth, "No...Don't tell me...Kwang Soo too?"